Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain Antminer X3 -- 220KH+ Cryponight - 550W - page 39. (Read 18877 times)

Activity: 107
Merit: 0
95% of CN coins will change algo for sure. There's no way on earth that this could be profitable in the long term, unless you got free electricity

What do you mean? Even if I got free electricity what would I mine with the X3?? Is any CN staying?

There is a high probability most, if not all CN coins will fork to invalidate the asic. CN is chosen as an algo because of it's asic resistance. If a CN coin accepts an Asic, it kinda defeats the feature of the algo.

Ofcourse.

Why would they even sell them?

They are selling them now because of the upcoming monero hardfork.

Anyone with just a little brain can figure out this.

First monero goes hardforking hashrate will drop 45-75%... Maybe more?

Lets go to ETN.....sumo.....karbo........ everyone just hardforks.

But at least its good for the hobby miners. They will probably earn alot on this.'

Bitmain sat a high price cause it shows how greedy they are. They are selling equipment that is gonna be useless in a matter of weeks, maybe days now.
Activity: 952
Merit: 508
95% of CN coins will change algo for sure. There's no way on earth that this could be profitable in the long term, unless you got free electricity

What do you mean? Even if I got free electricity what would I mine with the X3?? Is any CN staying?

There is a high probability most, if not all CN coins will fork to invalidate the asic. CN is chosen as an algo because of it's asic resistance. If a CN coin accepts an Asic, it kinda defeats the feature of the algo.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1403

Maybe the buyers of this crap can launch a coin to mine  Grin
Activity: 4

Activity: 67
Merit: 10
China Mining Co. Bitmain Shows Higher 2017 Profits Than US GPU Giant Nvidia, Report Finds
https://cointelegraph.com/news/china-mining-co-bitmain-shows-higher-2017-profits-than-us-gpu-giant-nvidia-report-finds

Big markup = big profits. Would probably be < $100/day by delivery. This has to be the riskiest ASIC offering to date. Shall we flip a coin before ordering?

This is going to make some AMD cards more affordable tho. Glad we bought Nvidia only.

Guess you haven't been paying attention... There will be nothing to mine with these CN ASICs. Monero is switch algo, along with other CN coins. They'll be completely useless.

Yes, you're right. And if that happens the biggest problem for those who buy it is how to recover their loss as they can't make any refund even a single cent of their $11999.

There are financial risks associated with mining cryptocurrencies. These risks can be related to changes in exchange rate of the cryptocurrency or to changes in the algorithm that is used to mine the cryptocurrency. Please deliberate well before making a purchase because we will not accept any requests for refund for orders of this batch.

Not only that - at THOSE prices, what if something happens during shipment? What if you never get the shipment at all?  Mistakes become major mistakes at $12K each.
Activity: 129
Merit: 10
I wouldn't touch either the X3 or Giant-N with a bargepole... I'm with the cynics that think these are being sold because Baikal/Bitmain realise they are going to be redundant soon. Baikal particularly - 'immediate despatch' can't mean anything other than they are already built and I can't believe they have been stockpiling them without using them.

There'll always be some who will buy the latest miner without looking at the market (looking at eBay particularly here) but I think people are really going to get burnt with these. The A3 was a good buy/mine/resell opportunity because Sia was always very unlikely to fork but these two are looking at an application which is going to virtually disappear.

Regards,

Steve
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
I wish I could understand bitmain logic...

"Hey lets make a siacoin miner that will make $50 day profit after everyone plugs them in and charge 2,500 for them"

...2 months later

"Hey lets make a Monero miner that will possibly make $50 a day after everyone plugs them in IF they don't fork and charge 12,000 for them"

I just think they found out that Monero will be forking soon and decided to sell what they were using to mine with. Otherwise as you say it is pointless trying to sell these to CN which is meant to be know for being ASIC resistant...
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

XMR and ETN have already announced they are doing so - that's 90% (give or take a percent) of all Cryptonight total network hashrate right there.

Less than 100 Mhash total between ALL THE REST of the CN coins combined....
Activity: 42
Merit: 3
Maybe Proof-of-Stake will be interesting for bitcoin..

That might be the only salvation for bitcoin.

Seems to me POS/Masternodes only make the rich richer.

Crypto adoption will only come with liquidity (people actually using it!) People buying with it, and companies paying wages with it.

Not by HODLing it.

I agree completely.  POS does nothing to increase decentralization, and it will only reduce liquidity.  Right now, people are hesitant from spending their coins since they think they will increase in value in the future.  With POS, this issue still exists, and it introduces a second penalty for spending your coins by not being able to collect the dividends from staking.  People need to realize that if no one spends their coins they will eventually be worth nothing.  Adoption is what will drive the value of coins once speculation wanes.  If everyone just sits there and holds to get more coins, those coins will be worth nothing.
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
Its a crazy crazy crazy world I tell ya
Activity: 50
Meanwhile, it is already sold out.
Activity: 41
Maybe Proof-of-Stake will be interesting for bitcoin..

That might be the only salvation for bitcoin.

Seems to me POS/Masternodes only make the rich richer.

Crypto adoption will only come with liquidity (people actually using it!) People buying with it, and companies paying wages with it.

Not by HODLing it.

Mining will all die one day. and then we will all have to actually work for our BTC.
the death of X11, and now CM ect will be the fate of all mining. but for now we may as well enjoy it while we have it.

early adopters have typically been the winners. unfortunately the only early adopters in this CM race was Bitmain.

Activity: 268
Merit: 102
I have many bitmain coupons to donate for free if someone want those contact me on discord.

https://discord.gg/zbwEgPY
Activity: 4
Well, it seems no one will buy even one X3, so strange. But what do you think would happen with cryptonotes like IntenseCoin if they don't change algo? I mean, even if the price drops a lot in the beginning, it's still a very good oportunity to make tons of coins and hold them for long term. Or do you think they must change or just die, with no other options?? It sounds crazy...
Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

Some cn coins will embrace asic. Sia is a good example. They wanted the benefits of asics. With pinidea, halong mining, baikal and bitmain that gives a better variety of asic sources, this is better for decentralization then just bitmain cornering the market. The question is who will want this hash power on their side.

Sia isn't a cn coin....  and I think its apparent now that when they said they wanted asics, they meant only the ones they were going to sell.
Activity: 51
Merit: 5

"Hey lets make a siacoin miner that will make $50 day profit after everyone plugs them in and charge 2,500 for them"

...2 months later

"Hey lets make a Monero miner that will possibly make $50 a day after everyone plugs them in IF they don't fork and charge 12,000 for them"

I think their goal is to pump up BCH, you noticed how all their miners only take BCH payments or USD wire only? So what ever they sell, there will always be money flowing into BCH.
The money that "flows" into BCH for miner purchases, is temporary and transient. It literally lasts 30 minutes. Not sure how that "pumps" BCH.
Activity: 262
Merit: 11
<<<-----( )----->>>

...2 months later

This right here. I am still trying to figure out what the logic is; I assume that there being, you know, more than one coin using the algo means maybe the decline will be a lot slower? Though if they all fork...

There must be something I'm missing.

They are simply trying to charge whatever the market will bear.  They are tapping into an enthusiastic community including gpu miners that are ready for the fleecing.  Baikal also recently release the Giant N 20kh @ ~ $5,600 so if people will by that, they should be willing to pay double for x10 times the hash rate. Right?   Very greedy imo.  Expect their second batch to be offered in 2-3 weeks at less than half the price.
jmo
Activity: 489
Merit: 253

Some cn coins will embrace asic. Sia is a good example with blake 2b. They wanted the benefits of asics. With pinidea, halong mining, baikal and bitmain that gives a better variety of asic sources, this is better for decentralization then just bitmain cornering the market. The question is who will want this hash power on their side.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1415

...2 months later

I think their goal is to pump up BCH, you noticed how all their miners only take BCH payments or USD wire only? So what ever they sell, there will always be money flowing into BCH.

If that was the case though they would be priced way lower.  No way these units sell except to the unfortunate who dont know whats going on
Activity: 544
Merit: 250

...2 months later

Pages:
Jump to: