Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain Antminer X3 -- 220KH+ Cryponight - 550W - page 41. (Read 18877 times)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
Pretty obvious they have been "testing" them for a while now too.
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
CN coins need a hard fork to change the algo or the CN algo will gonna die for gpu mining.
I agree that bitmain wants to compromize the main feature of crypto currencies by centralizing the power.

Not sure if they are doing it intentionally, but given their position; I think its a matter of inevitability. When you come up with an invention, you'd be stupid to not use it yourself. I'd say much of Bitmain's profit comes from mining and not actually selling their rigs. But that's a hypothesis. Otherwise, they'd end up like KNC or Butterfly Labs.

In my opinion you are right. If no one knows about the release of a new ASIC they can mine away crazy amounts without anyone being any wiser. As soon as they mention they are going to sell it, devs will try and fork. I think they had these some time ago but now they know that a new fork is coming they are trying to sell them.

It will be interesting to see if how much hashpower will drop from monero and other popular coins like electroneum once they fork Smiley
Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
CN coins need a hard fork to change the algo or the CN algo will gonna die for gpu mining.
I agree that bitmain wants to compromize the main feature of crypto currencies by centralizing the power.

Not sure if they are doing it intentionally, but given their position; I think its a matter of inevitability. When you come up with an invention, you'd be stupid to not use it yourself. I'd say much of Bitmain's profit comes from mining and not actually selling their rigs. But that's a hypothesis. Otherwise, they'd end up like KNC or Butterfly Labs.
Activity: 14
Hopefully after Monero fork to new algo the ASICs will be out of the game and mining Monero with GPU will be more profitable, which in turn will make all others GPU mining coins more profitable as the new algo XMR will attrack a bunch of GPU hashing power.  Win/Win for everybody (exept Bitmain and the X3 buyers).
Activity: 504
Merit: 122
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
And what about minning the rest of the coins based In Cryptonight, all of them will have a fork? 2 days ago i got the antminer A3 from the second batch and i began to minning i didnt lost all the hope yet

Adding that much hashrate would kill profitability. There is no free money, it all depends on how much someone is willing to pay for the coins you mine, and difficulty adjustments ensure that you can only mine a certain amount. XMR has some demand, most other CN coins - not so much.
Activity: 54
And what about minning the rest of the coins based In Cryptonight, all of them will have a fork? 2 days ago i got the antminer A3 from the second batch and i began to minning i didnt lost all the hope yet
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021
What is the price of the Baikal N currently?  They don't display it on their website.

I believe it was $3600 with MOQ of 6.
Activity: 216
If they want to sell them now then means it they have been mining with them for sometime cause pre gpu altcoins give a lot lot lot more money than mining bitcoin. there is no hope, profitability crashed so hard everywhere cause people buying altcoins are afraid and asic companies are getting gpu miner profits.

Exactly
legendary
Activity: 1096
Merit: 1021
If they want to sell them now then means it they have been mining with them for sometime cause pre gpu altcoins give a lot lot lot more money than mining bitcoin. there is no hope, profitability crashed so hard everywhere cause people buying altcoins are afraid and asic companies are getting gpu miner profits.

They are selling now because Monero is going to fork and change algorithms.  I'm sure other coins will follow suit leaving you with a small handful of coins that you will be able to mine with this thing.
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1012
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
What is the price of the Baikal N currently?  They don't display it on their website.
.F.
Activity: 56
Merit: 2
Bitmain wants to own all coins . he is destroying all the ecosystem . FUCK HIM .

where is the decentralize if one company and one man own every thing !!

Have you all forget the The Antbleed Backdoor ... with 51% attack or even an undiscovered backdoor , he can ruin all coins .

WE MUST FUCK BITMAIN THIS TIME AND NEVER ALLOW ( one individual ) to control the future

crypto is the future for humanity and Bitmain want to own our future  .  we are getting away from Banks and now we are getting manipulated by Bitmain ..

FUCK YOU BITMAIN

Deep breath...
Activity: 51
Bitmain wants to own all coins . he is destroying all the ecosystem . FUCK HIM .

where is the decentralize if one company and one man own every thing !!

Have you all forget the The Antbleed Backdoor ... with 51% attack or even an undiscovered backdoor , he can ruin all coins .

WE MUST FUCK BITMAIN THIS TIME AND NEVER ALLOW ( one individual ) to control the future

crypto is the future for humanity and Bitmain want to own our future  .  we are getting away from Banks and now we are getting manipulated by Bitmain ..

FUCK YOU BITMAIN
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
Och, what a stylish doorstopper. I'm gonna buy one, for my summer house in cali  Grin
Merit: 5
It's mind numbing. Bitmain calculates the exact break even payback time period from the current calculator numbers....then prices the unit exactly at that number! Yet people still BUY THEM!! Huge risk, just to "exactly" break even. All the while risking the HF. This is precisely what they did with the A3 and people still flocked.

Bitmain has always priced their miners based on estimated ROI. Thats why last year an s9 could be had for $1130 and today they are double that.
I bought S9's for $1200 when BTC profit was $5.50 PD. Today BTC profit is $5.50 PD and S9's are $2,000.00.
.F.
Activity: 56
CARE DONT BUY THIS!!!
or any other asic for coins most of the valuable ones will imho hard fork this month and all the people will be stuck with a coin that jihan will only use something like BitcoinTrash!

i will only say one think D3 antminer! Smiley

I think Bitmain probably is not expecting to sell many of these and that's why they "limited" buying to 1 per customer.

My bet is so they can protect their customers from making idiotic decisions and buying $50k woth of these and then not ROI'ing.
Activity: 75
CARE DONT BUY THIS!!!
or any other asic for coins most of the valuable ones will imho hard fork this month and all the people will be stuck with a coin that jihan will only use something like BitcoinTrash!

i will only say one think D3 antminer! Smiley
Activity: 462
Merit: 118
It's mind numbing. Bitmain calculates the exact break even payback time period from the current calculator numbers....then prices the unit exactly at that number! Yet people still BUY THEM!! Huge risk, just to "exactly" break even. All the while risking the HF. This is precisely what they did with the A3 and people still flocked.

Bitmain has always priced their miners based on estimated ROI. Thats why last year an s9 could be had for $1130 and today they are double that.

I dont understand because ROI for S9 is worse now than last year.
Oh, u are being sarcastic?
Activity: 756
Merit: 560

Merit: 5
Pages:
Jump to: