Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain Antminer X3 -- 220KH+ Cryponight - 550W - page 45. (Read 18877 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 106
ONe Social Network.
everybody who buys this is just financing their next batch for cryptonight v7

if monero doesnt change algo every month cryptonight is dead for gpu mining
Activity: 952
Merit: 508

Bitmain like Baikal were mining with X3 monero to death, and now that Cryptonight coins are forking (switching algo) they are getting rid of the useless equipment.

I strongly suspect this was going on as well for Baikal.

In the case of Bitmain, I suspect their hand was forced because Baikal beat them to the punch and Monero announced they would hard fork.

Bitmain appears to be still in development of their asic, hence the "conservative" hashrate estimates on the production miner but they needed to get this out for pre-order to try and capitalize before the upcoming Cryptonight forks. People that don't know any better will still buy and some people with tons of money, will buy anyways in hopes that the gamble pays off.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bitmain or someone stands up their own pool and forks XMR so these asics will still work after the core XMR chain forks to a revised algo
(Disclaimer: This is purely speculation or "conspiracy theory" on my part and I have no inside knowledge that indicates any such activity will happen, it's just a gut feeling)
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
ONe Social Network.
SCAM number 2

Bitmain like Baikal were mining with X3 monero to death, and now that Cryptonight coins are forking (switching algo) they are getting rid of the useless equipment.

What do you think Bitmain and Baikal the normal people out there will buy your garbage because you named it bitmain ? LOL

To make it more easy for people to understand I will give an example:
1.I have a tomato can that costs $4 and I opened it and I ate it
2. Instead to through the tomato can to the garbage that has value $0, I am doing this
3. I named the tomato can with a sticker 'BITMAIN or BAIKAL ' and I list it for sale as premium product
4. And I am selling the empty tomato can for $100 to people ....
5. Nice business right ?

exactly...here we have reason Nr2 for monero difficulty...fuck you bitmain fuck you baikal
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
SCAM number 2

What do you think Bitmain and Baikal the normal people out there will buy your garbage because you named it bitmain ? LOL

To make it more easy for people to understand I will give an example:
1.I have a tomato can that costs $4 and I opened it and I ate it
2. Instead to through the tomato can to the garbage that has value $0, I am doing this
3. I named the tomato can with a sticker 'BITMAIN or BAIKAL ' and I list it for sale as premium product
4. And I am selling the empty tomato can for $100 to people ....
5. Nice business right ?
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
That's one expensive 550w heater
Activity: 189
Xaxaxax, xapдфopк peшaeт вcё, нe пoкyпaйтe иx, кpиптoнoт дocтaтoчнo измeнить или измeнить фopмaт oбмeнa дaнными и oни cтaнyт нeaктyaльныe!
Я дyмaю этим пocтoм, я oтpoю мнoгим oвнepaм глaзa, кaк избaвить cвoи мoнeты oт нaзoйливыx acикoв )

Hahahah, hardfork decides everything, do not buy them, cryptonote just change or change the format of data exchange and they will become irrelevant!
I think this post, I will open many eyes to the lambs, how to rid my coins of importunate asic's)
Activity: 230
Merit: 101
I just built some rigs and this crap gets announced Cheesy arrgghh...rumors were indeed true. Hope eth forks.
Wtf were they thinking?

Don't they know Monero community hates ASICs? By making an ASIC for those who hate ASICs.. What do they expect in return? Monero will do a PoW change hopefully.

Bitcoin community was too slow to understand what a fucking poison Bitmain/ASICs were but Monero community exactly knows what they are.

From what I'm hearing Monero will hard fork in like 13 days to invalidate this Asic
Activity: 489
Merit: 253
These sound like their being built / rebuilt after the monero fork this month ( cause specs arent final yet) but before another fork possibly in 6 months. So they should be built to support the monero fork ( if possible) but once you get them in may/ june u might only be able to mine monero on them till ~September. Because they are asic they wont be able to update the firmware for the new fork. However the baikal n if FPGA may be upgradeable to the new monero fork.  Depends if monero devs see fpga as much of a threat as asics and treats them the same as asics and dis allows  baikal to mine their new algo. If monero changes its algo to need more ram etc then the baikal n might still be useless if it doesnt support the new hardware requirements. I feel sorry for the giant n buyers after todays announcement.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Jesus that 12k price tag, I guess time will only tell what will happen with these ASICs, hope someone is out there willing to risk that much for the adventure lol
Activity: 616
Merit: 279
It's interesting how some news of hard forking coins to prevent ASICs from mining brings out all of the secret ASICs on the market.

You must be a fool to buy an ASIC right now, they milked all the coins while they could and now they're trying to make a profit by reselling them too.

I wonder how log they have been using them before putting them on the market? What kind of profits did they pull from mining?

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
Wtf were they thinking?

Don't they know Monero community hates ASICs? By making an ASIC for those who hate ASICs.. What do they expect in return? Monero will do a PoW change hopefully.

Bitcoin community was too slow to understand what a fucking poison Bitmain/ASICs were but Monero community exactly knows what they are.

Not hopefully, the algo change is scheduled in 2 weeks. Thus why they're dumping these worthless pieces of scrap on miners.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
Wtf were they thinking?

Activity: 154
that explain why cryptonight coins so fucking high hashrate recently
Activity: 121
Is there anything out there that could justify this price? Doesnt make sense if even your pulling $200 a day. What gives?
Activity: 21
Below is a quote on item description.

"There are financial risks associated with mining cryptocurrencies. These risks can be related to changes in exchange rate of the cryptocurrency or to changes in the algorithm that is used to mine the cryptocurrency. Please deliberate well before making a purchase because we will not accept any requests for refund for orders of this batch"
Activity: 92
Merit: 1
X3 would have great advantage over Baikal-N
Electricity 53% of Baikal-N per equitable hash rate
Capital $ 31% of Baikal-N per equitable hash rate

However,
Min lot cost of USD11999 vs USD21600 (6 unit of Baikal-N) - (don't forget the plus of shipping & import taxes)

Drawback is, single X3 is very expansive and Baikal-N have min lot of 6 for pre-orders.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
China Mining Co. Bitmain Shows Higher 2017 Profits Than US GPU Giant Nvidia, Report Finds
https://cointelegraph.com/news/china-mining-co-bitmain-shows-higher-2017-profits-than-us-gpu-giant-nvidia-report-finds

Big markup = big profits. Would probably be < $100/day by delivery. This has to be the riskiest ASIC offering to date. Shall we flip a coin before ordering?

This is going to make some AMD cards more affordable tho. Glad we bought Nvidia only.

Guess you haven't been paying attention... There will be nothing to mine with these CN ASICs. Monero is switch algo, along with other CN coins. They'll be completely useless.
Activity: 126
Merit: 15
China Mining Co. Bitmain Shows Higher 2017 Profits Than US GPU Giant Nvidia, Report Finds
https://cointelegraph.com/news/china-mining-co-bitmain-shows-higher-2017-profits-than-us-gpu-giant-nvidia-report-finds

Big markup = big profits. Would probably be < $100/day by delivery. This has to be the riskiest ASIC offering to date. Shall we flip a coin before ordering?

This is going to make some AMD cards more affordable tho. Glad we bought Nvidia only.
Gotta love how these CN ASICs are being sold as they're rendered useless by CN algo changes!   Grin Grin Grin Grin

Yeah there is a huge risk with this, it could payoff big if these drop before XMR hard forks to invalidate it.

Too much risk IMO but some may be out there to afford a $12k gamble
Pages:
Jump to: