Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN AntRouter R1: 1st wireless networking device with bitcoin mining chip - page 34. (Read 77432 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Has anyone opened one of these yet?
Or maybe know what CPU it uses?

So far all I have seen is CYBTC.   It was not opened so we really don't know.   We are still waiting to hear what kinda plug is on it for sure, so we still have many questions.

I think it will be after it ships out till we find some of it.   But no the cpu is not known.
im wondering if its just a controller board like the s3 has.. it would be pretty simple to turn it into a wifi router.

I don't think it will be a controller board like that.  I think it will be something more like a router.  If you opened up a tplink nano it likely will be like that with a chip.

Only we don't know power of processor or a lot of other specs.  But Even still I suspect they leave upon firmware for custom firmware's.  This might allow us some other options.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

So far all I have seen is CYBTC.   It was not opened so we really don't know.   We are still waiting to hear what kinda plug is on it for sure, so we still have many questions.

I think it will be after it ships out till we find some of it.   But no the cpu is not known.
im wondering if its just a controller board like the s3 has.. it would be pretty simple to turn it into a wifi router.
legendary

ldp
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1722
I repeat, the only real photo of the backside of the unit is this:

looks like a US plug tucked away there at the side...why do we need an extra usa adapter for $1 usd then?

It looks like a pair of fold-away metal prongs. BLADED prongs, parallel to eachother.
Bitmain's own pictures of the front show slight dips in the case where prongs would likely fold away.

It seems safe to say there are built to fit a typical US outlet format, without grounding (common for most small electronics).
whatever, i ordered 2 of them anyways Wink
Pretty sure that is just the standard chinese plug, not sure what voltage it runs or how safe it is to use in an American outlet.

Input Voltage

110V - 220V

Will work just fine, Bitmain knows what they are doing.
legendary
I think the main thing I'm looking forward to is testing these with U3's.   I think if they could fix zombie on it they would sell more U3's aswell.  So it would be win/win for them.

I have not had a huge problem 1-2 times a day 1 of my 3 U3's will zombie out.   So I am able to fix it (I'm happy it has led's that make it easy to see if zombie one red led is out).   But I would love to have plug and play like my other miners.
legendary

looks like a US plug tucked away there at the side...why do we need an extra usa adapter for $1 usd then?

It looks like a pair of fold-away metal prongs. BLADED prongs, parallel to eachother.
Bitmain's own pictures of the front show slight dips in the case where prongs would likely fold away.

It seems safe to say there are built to fit a typical US outlet format, without grounding (common for most small electronics).
Pretty sure that is just the standard chinese plug, not sure what voltage it runs or how safe it is to use in an American outlet.

I'm going to be really suprised if it's not Chinese plug with them selling adapters.  I just don't see them selling us something usless.  

As many said some China recepticals can look like 2 prongs but they are bent to side.  Look at top of following picture:

So it really is possible it looks straight for transport and goes to side once opened.  I wish the review cybtc did would have covered it.
Not the chinese plugs I have gotten, they look like american but straight metal no holes, like this.

looks like it is called China 2P plug.

thats what it looks like, they fit in us sockets but are loose.. id still use an adapter.
legendary

I'm going to be really suprised if it's not Chinese plug with them selling adapters.  I just don't see them selling us something usless.   

As many said some China recepticals can look like 2 prongs but they are bent to side.  Look at top of following picture:

So it really is possible it looks straight for transport and goes to side once opened.  I wish the review cybtc did would have covered it.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Kinda looks like my chinese travel charger Tongue

6A 125V/250V @ the EU plug.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

legendary

lol
On-time Delivery
60 days

however you can get them on amazon.. much faster shipping and also under 3$
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
I had hoped that the Adapters had been removed from sale so that they could remove the shipping cost for the adapter. Unfortunately adding an Adapter still doubles the shipping cost, which is ridiculous....

Rich

It's not their fault... blame DHL or UPS. 

The shippers may well be charging for an additional package, however if that is the case Bitmain should have made room in the packaging for the adapter.

They could just tape both box together, then slap a single sticker on it. Charging double shipping on this because of improper packaging is kind of rip off. I understand now why people say to not buy an adapter from Bitmain and just grab a decent one at a local electric shop...

One thing people have not mentioned is might be possible R1 and Adapter ship from different places.  In C1 day's they did shipment through syscooling.  So if they ship the R1 and they have hired some cheap adapter buisness to ship adapters then it could be two shipments.

I think it is unlikely of being 2 shipments.   But throwing it out there as a possibility since charged for 2 shipments.

Well now that you mention it, it sound fairly possible. After the mentality there seem to be "The cheaper, the better, deal with the consequence later." It even rhyme, so...!

I guess its bad customer service but effective from their point of view since its not them that pay shipping. I'm guessing the sender's address will be written on the package so we'll be able to know when someone receive a R1 + an adapter?
legendary
I had hoped that the Adapters had been removed from sale so that they could remove the shipping cost for the adapter. Unfortunately adding an Adapter still doubles the shipping cost, which is ridiculous....

Rich

The shippers may well be charging for an additional package, however if that is the case Bitmain should have made room in the packaging for the adapter.

They could just tape both box together, then slap a single sticker on it. Charging double shipping on this because of improper packaging is kind of rip off. I understand now why people say to not buy an adapter from Bitmain and just grab a decent one at a local electric shop...

One thing people have not mentioned is might be possible R1 and Adapter ship from different places.  In C1 day's they did shipment through syscooling.  So if they ship the R1 and they have hired some cheap adapter buisness to ship adapters then it could be two shipments.

I think it is unlikely of being 2 shipments.   But throwing it out there as a possibility since charged for 2 shipments.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

Rich

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Rich

legendary

Rich

It is pretty crazy to say the least on price of shipping on a few dollar adapter.  Even shipping on R1 was pretty high considering.

I hope for future batches they offer a slower cheaper option on shipment.  Something that is not horribly long, but is a lot cheaper then their normal shipment methods.   With a lotto machine you don't need it in the next few day's like with a miner you would want.
legendary
Activity: 1722

Rich

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Rich
legendary
Bitmain are still in holiday. The buy button have been green for the last 3 days.  Wink

They did run out of adapters at a point, and units after that.  So we know someone is working during holiday a little.  Someone told site to allow more orders.

I suspect they are a decent amount of orders with it being pretty cheap compared to what we thought it would cost.  Besides shipping that was higher then we would have guessed.   
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
Bitmain are still in holiday. The buy button have been green for the last 3 days.  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: