Pages:
Author

Topic: BITMAIN AntRouter R1: 1st wireless networking device with bitcoin mining chip - page 38. (Read 77432 times)

alh
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050
Won't the U3's be solo mining on the pool as well tho'?

I expect the short answer is: Yes.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009
How do you know that? 

It is much more plausible that they will just be added as an additional device to the cgminer instance running the internal chip; and also be directed to Antpool.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
They are only being managed by the R1, they will mine on whatever pool they are set up on.

Rich
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
Won't the U3's be solo mining on the pool as well tho'?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
I just thought of something.

Is this Bitmain's response to the BitFury "Mining Light Bulb"?

Makes a LOT more sense in that sort of ... model ....

yes I think so...hail the dawn of mining chips in every home device for a 1/6 million* chance to get lucky...hell it probably beats buying a lotto ticket and it is a one-off purchase...least the mofos at bitmain are still innovating...

*odds may not be accurate and were pulled out of my ass. klintay reserves right to change odds at will and is not held accountable for shady ass impulse buying sprees made while you were sort of drunk the other night. also time spent reading this is non-refundable. suck it.

One small quibble: You continue to "buy" a lottery ticket by paying the electric bill, which will be a bit higher as a result of the mining ASIC inside. Probably won't matter to most, but it's still there. Unplug it, and your lottery participation ends.

With this it should be a pretty small electricity bill.   And if you use it to run some U3's then it really is not bad.

I personally  am using some of sidehacks compacs with a RPI as a lotto and electricity usage is very very small.   But small to me and others could be different I guess.  I was running over 14k watts during most of summer so one lotto device is pretty small in my electricity scheme.
alh
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

yes I think so...hail the dawn of mining chips in every home device for a 1/6 million* chance to get lucky...hell it probably beats buying a lotto ticket and it is a one-off purchase...least the mofos at bitmain are still innovating...

*odds may not be accurate and were pulled out of my ass. klintay reserves right to change odds at will and is not held accountable for shady ass impulse buying sprees made while you were sort of drunk the other night. also time spent reading this is non-refundable. suck it.

One small quibble: You continue to "buy" a lottery ticket by paying the electric bill, which will be a bit higher as a result of the mining ASIC inside. Probably won't matter to most, but it's still there. Unplug it, and your lottery participation ends.
legendary
Depends how configurable they end up becoming once people get their own firmware onto them.  I wouldn't buy one new right now, but in 6 months when some people are bored and others have them figured out I'd grab one at a fair used price just to mess with.

And if somehow it makes a U3 actually work, well that would be worth the price right there and we'll call it R1 zombie killer, but we'll see if the R1 + U3 combo is any different than U3 + anything else.

If they can fix zombie with it then It would be a very welcome product.  I predict it will zombie less then windows machine (drivers and such).

But I think it will still have some zombie with U3 is my guess.  I really hope to be wrong though.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Time is the one thing you can't run from
locking this to its own pool is a poor move. I would have bought one if i could choose.
Activity: 176
Shipping is mad! How about China Post Air Mail Bitmain? Seems to be cheaper option on many Chinese sites.
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
i really wish they released pics of the board
legendary
Activity: 1274
Depends how configurable they end up becoming once people get their own firmware onto them.  I wouldn't buy one new right now, but in 6 months when some people are bored and others have them figured out I'd grab one at a fair used price just to mess with.

And if somehow it makes a U3 actually work, well that would be worth the price right there and we'll call it R1 zombie killer, but we'll see if the R1 + U3 combo is any different than U3 + anything else.
Activity: 742
would/will not buy even if it's a present! or a gratis product!

it's just a waste of time!
legendary
A $29 router(shipping excluded) is probably one of the cheapest routers your gonna find and the fact you have a chance to hit a jackpot??? I dunno, doesn't sound too bad to me.

Shoot, $29 for a portable phone charger is better then you gonna find at a Verizon store... Go to Walmart or Ebay!

I don't know I think best is currently tplink nano you can get it for $18 on amazon - http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-WR702N-Wireless-Repeater-150Mbps/dp/B007PTCFFW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443673916&sr=8-1&keywords=tplink+nano

There is a version a little harder to find with usb integrated and it runs ddwrt and Avalon used it for a controller (that or PI). 

But I agree it was cheaper then I thought it was going to be which is nice.  I am hoping it has a nice interface  they have not release much on interface.
legendary
A $29 router(shipping excluded) is probably one of the cheapest routers your gonna find and the fact you have a chance to hit a jackpot??? I dunno, doesn't sound too bad to me.

Shoot, $29 for a portable phone charger is better then you gonna find at a Verizon store... Go to Walmart or Ebay!

it all depends on functionality. im hoping its a full featured broadcom router that someone will figure out how to put tomato firmware on it.. or maybe it already has some form of linux on it.

they havent really went into the details on the actual routing part.. hopefully it doesnt suck :/

Activity: 756

Activity: 140
Portable phone charger? Cheesy
legendary
any reason why adding the us power adapter increases the shipping by like 15$??

its only a 1$ addon, id think it would even fit in the box it comes in?

i also have other questions, can i use this to give my s5 wifi? by plugging the s5 into the cat5 and then attaching this to an existing wifi network?
also, why didnt you guys use a power cable that can be detached and switched for a usa one? instead of using a clunky adapter.

Good question. I'm interested to know if this can function as a WiFi-bridge as well.

i ordered one.. if it can, i will get a couple more..

judging by this

2. Mini WiFi Access Point

Use the R1 on either a wired or wireless internet connection while on the go to create your own wireless access point.

it sounds like it..

WiFi -> WiFi is one thing. WiFi -> wired is another! So called Layer 2 point-to-point wireless bridge.

i guess ill find out, my order was just accepted.. i really hope it has a bridged mode.

if not im sure i can resell it.. or just plug it in and let it run.

im really curious to why they put a battery in it for the usb.. it seems pointless..

Activity: 140
any reason why adding the us power adapter increases the shipping by like 15$??

its only a 1$ addon, id think it would even fit in the box it comes in?

i also have other questions, can i use this to give my s5 wifi? by plugging the s5 into the cat5 and then attaching this to an existing wifi network?
also, why didnt you guys use a power cable that can be detached and switched for a usa one? instead of using a clunky adapter.

Good question. I'm interested to know if this can function as a WiFi-bridge as well.

i ordered one.. if it can, i will get a couple more..

judging by this

2. Mini WiFi Access Point

Use the R1 on either a wired or wireless internet connection while on the go to create your own wireless access point.

it sounds like it..

WiFi -> WiFi is one thing. WiFi -> wired is another! So called Layer 2 point-to-point wireless bridge.
Pages:
Jump to: