Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain E3 Ethash Miner ASIC (Shipping:16-31 July. $800 USD) - page 26. (Read 16395 times)

Activity: 208
Merit: 3
Power consumption/hashrate ratio, of this thing show that it is not an ASIC.
If You add the shipping cost, Power supply, and add the EU tax if You want to import it, we come around 1400 to 1500USD.
GPUs probably will have a lower price to 150-170USD (per pc), until July, so this thing not look so good.
The BM1680 TDP is 25W ... max.41W !
But u´r right it´s not an Asic it´s a NPU.  Wink
Activity: 751
Merit: 517
Fail to plan, and you plan to fail.
If You add the shipping cost, Power supply, and add the EU tax if You want to import it, we come around 1400 to 1500USD.
GPUs probably will have a lower price to 150-170USD (per pc), until July, so this thing not look so good.

My First mining systems were 6 GPU RX 470's bought at ~180$. Those systems cost me about ~1500$. This ASIC would cost pretty much the same amount.

I do hope this brings down GPU prices for everyone gamers and miners alike, I would still go with GPU's.
Activity: 208
Merit: 3
I think the E3 uses 16 x BM1680 Neuralprcessing Chips and one Asic or FPGA for the controlling.

But I hope it´s a multi-gpu-system with HDMI and a PCI-E-Plug, also usable for gaming and VR. Grin
...could have more power compared to Vega-cards !

(12 x RX550) vs Vega:

Memory bandwith: Vega: 500.000 MB/s --- E3?: 1.380.000 (115.000x12)

Compute Units: Vega: 4096 --- E3?: 6144 (512x12)

TPU´s: Vega: 256 --- E3?: 384 (32x12)

ROP´s: Vega: 64 --- E3?: 192 (16x12)

Activity: 125
Merit: 35
What is up with everyone in this thread acting like ETH is the only mineable coin?  There are a shitload of other algos out there.  Unless you are using old AMD cards, mining ETH hasn't been the most profitable coin to mine in almost a year.  Blows my mind how people act like the sky is falling and its the end of mining because Bitmain is releasing an "ASIC" that is underpowered and overpriced and not even available for 3 months.

What is up with you and your head in the clouds not realizing that ETH is the main source of income of GPUs both directly and indirectly. Yes, its not the most profitable coin to mine but its what FARMS mine for a steady source of income. If ETH tanks all those mining farms will eat up your little GPU rigs and nothing will be profitable. You are a little fish who is lost in a big sea of miners.

There are other coins that are at any given time as profitable or more profitable than ETH. I stopped mining ETH a long time ago. The writing has been on the wall that ETH mining is over for a long time between threats of Asics and Proof of Stake forks being threatened for a long time.  Shocked

What he is telling you is that the Farms will turn to mine your now profitable coins, hashrate will explode and profit will be peanuts.

So its not that there are other profitable coins out there, of course there are, its that if ETH rigs move to other coins then those coins profit will fall drastically.

Maybe so, but that is mining. Plus there are lots of other coins and I don't see the hashrate all moving to one coin. There are enough to spread the hashrate among the other coins. Plus a lot of miners will just sell their rigs and get out of mining, reducing the overall hashrate on all coins.

Very untrue, I made a calculation a while back so numbers are a bit off but it paints a (dark) picture:
If we simplify all GPU's to the hashrate of a GTX1070 (wrong, I know, but just for creating an estimation) then;
-There's about 9.5 million GPU's mining in the world of which
-~8 million are mining ETH
-~1 million are mining ZCash
-~0.36 million are mining ZCL
-~0.33 million are mining ETC
and it quickly goes down from there. This means that ~85% of the GPU's that are mining worldwide are being used to mine Ethash.

When profitability goes down as difficulty rises, more and more mines will look for new coins to mine, there's simply not enough coins that have enough liquidity and perceived market value to keep GPU mining profitable. Lots of mines will go bust, some that have very low power cost and overhead will stay profitable for a while. Expect lots of second hand GPU's soon.

The numbers are from 2 months ago but they are probably a better representation as Bitmain keeps adding hashrate on Ethash, which skews the numbers more and more.

Hard fork? What if they are indeed using gpu chips? There no solution except for cpu-only algo's but that gets destroyed by people abusing AWS instances and botnets etc.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
I don't think so. Currently, I'm very curios about difficulty on XMR (which was most profitable coin for AMD for a long time, until shitmain started mining on X3) after the hard fork. Who knows - maybe XMR mining will be profitable again this friday.

Even after that, hard fork's difficulty will reach space as all of the ethash miners will switch to it. XMR's fork would be profitable only as long as eth gpu mining exists.

You may be right, but there are dozens of etihash and cryptonight coin. If the leader (XMR, ETH) will switch algo, there will be a lot of followers, so finally AMD mining may be still profitable. Of course it depends on coin prices, which I hope will go up soon.
Activity: 77
Bitmain's E3 is probably same shit just a different package (with less chips)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOh6hgTRYBY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG7PJJkMX_s

I wonder if it uses windows or linux operating system

Activity: 252
Merit: 8
I don't think so. Currently, I'm very curios about difficulty on XMR (which was most profitable coin for AMD for a long time, until shitmain started mining on X3) after the hard fork. Who knows - maybe XMR mining will be profitable again this friday.

Even after that, hard fork's difficulty will reach space as all of the ethash miners will switch to it. XMR's fork would be profitable only as long as eth gpu mining exists.
Activity: 68
This insane I guess we will be able to buy cheap graphics cards for gaming again!
Activity: 301
Merit: 31
Activity: 31
So, judging by size of the miner from pictures and the hashrate/power consumption it's obvious that this is not an real ASIC

It is probably just 6 Polaris (RX4XX/5XX) chips soldered on one motherboard

If this is true (and again, I suppose that it is) then I don't know how can a hard fork help to disable those miners

Probably but it doesn't matter due it's low cost and scalability.

I agree, but again, how can you disable this miner with a hard fork if it's assembled from 6 RX GPU's?

It has same capabilities as a mining rig assembled from 6 GPU's

That makes it even more dangerous. LOL but AMD mining is so dead.

So, judging by size of the miner from pictures and the hashrate/power consumption it's obvious that this is not an real ASIC

If this is true (and again, I suppose that it is) then I don't know how can a hard fork help to disable those miners

I agree, but again, how can you disable this miner with a hard fork if it's assembled from 6 RX GPU's?

That makes it even more dangerous. LOL but AMD mining is so dead.

LIMIT was 5 per customer Now it's sold out.

The truth is this thing was never sold out, they say it was sold out to make it look it was a success. It's performance is bad and it can be bricked after the fork, Well you trolls believe anything they say anything, your kind is mindless.

OFC I know they are just playing the supply and demand game but the thing is I think that there are still enough sheeples to make it sold out.
Activity: 2086
Merit: 562

The truth is this thing was never sold out, they say it was sold out to make it look it was a success. It's performance is bad and it can be bricked after the fork, Well you trolls believe anything they say anything, your kind is mindless.

I Agree with you, this is the part of their marketing strategy, even me, I don't trust that crap, If someone offer me that thing and the gpu, I will go to gpu again and again... Practically speaking, assuming if the gpu mining is totally dead, well I have lots of cards to use incase I put my Gaming Cafe Computer shop... That is practicality...
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
I really don't understand why people still buy this or GPU's to mine ETH, they don't do math?
ETH profitably was long gone...

Regarding this miner, even if it arrives NOW,  would take about 7-8 Months to ROI ( with free power), in 3 months it would take what, 1 year and an half, 2 years? Totally insane.

Come on guys, do math, it's so simple!

When you say free power and 7 months, it looks good, don't ever say free power cause if you pay for power at $0.1, your 7 months roi becomes 30 months. Also difficult right now is something, difficult on july will be 2x what is right now, maybe more.
I really don't understand why people still buy this or GPU's to mine ETH, they don't do math?
ETH profitably was long gone...

Regarding this miner, even if it arrives NOW,  would take about 7-8 Months to ROI ( with free power), in 3 months it would take what, 1 year and an half, 2 years? Totally insane.

Come on guys, do math, it's so simple!

Again as said above, you should understand the severity of the situation. ETH was mined by either newbies or big farms. Now what will happen to them ? They will come looking for the coin which you and I were mining happily. No more happy now eh Sad
Pages:
Jump to: