Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitmain E3 Ethash Miner ASIC (Shipping:16-31 July. $800 USD) - page 24. (Read 16395 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 8
LIMIT was 5 per customer Now it's sold out.
Instant Buy button was ACTIVE a few minutes ago when I checked.

It does NOT appear to be sold out - but it's possible I checked right after someone canceled or "failed to pay in time" on an order.

Maybe they are just playing the supply and demand game. Also as others have stated it is going in and out of stock recently.
Activity: 462
Merit: 118
What is up with everyone in this thread acting like ETH is the only mineable coin?  There are a shitload of other algos out there.  Unless you are using old AMD cards, mining ETH hasn't been the most profitable coin to mine in almost a year.  Blows my mind how people act like the sky is falling and its the end of mining because Bitmain is releasing an "ASIC" that is underpowered and overpriced and not even available for 3 months.

What is up with you and your head in the clouds not realizing that ETH is the main source of income of GPUs both directly and indirectly. Yes, its not the most profitable coin to mine but its what FARMS mine for a steady source of income. If ETH tanks all those mining farms will eat up your little GPU rigs and nothing will be profitable. You are a little fish who is lost in a big sea of miners.

There are other coins that are at any given time as profitable or more profitable than ETH. I stopped mining ETH a long time ago. The writing has been on the wall that ETH mining is over for a long time between threats of Asics and Proof of Stake forks being threatened for a long time.  Shocked

What he is telling you is that the Farms will turn to mine your now profitable coins, hashrate will explode and profit will be peanuts.

So its not that there are other profitable coins out there, of course there are, its that if ETH rigs move to other coins then those coins profit will fall drastically.

Maybe so, but that is mining. Plus there are lots of other coins and I don't see the hashrate all moving to one coin. There are enough to spread the hashrate among the other coins. Plus a lot of miners will just sell their rigs and get out of mining, reducing the overall hashrate on all coins.

Very untrue, I made a calculation a while back so numbers are a bit off but it paints a (dark) picture:
If we simplify all GPU's to the hashrate of a GTX1070 (wrong, I know, but just for creating an estimation) then;
-There's about 9.5 million GPU's mining in the world of which
-~8 million are mining ETH
-~1 million are mining ZCash
-~0.36 million are mining ZCL
-~0.33 million are mining ETC
and it quickly goes down from there. This means that ~85% of the GPU's that are mining worldwide are being used to mine Ethash.

When profitability goes down as difficulty rises, more and more mines will look for new coins to mine, there's simply not enough coins that have enough liquidity and perceived market value to keep GPU mining profitable. Lots of mines will go bust, some that have very low power cost and overhead will stay profitable for a while. Expect lots of second hand GPU's soon.

The numbers are from 2 months ago but they are probably a better representation as Bitmain keeps adding hashrate on Ethash, which skews the numbers more and more.

Hard fork? What if they are indeed using gpu chips? There no solution except for cpu-only algo's but that gets destroyed by people abusing AWS instances and botnets etc.

Thats wat I thought as well. I dont know where u get the 85% number but I am aware that ETH is the main. The difficulty of other GPU algo will climb through the roof once the other GPUs switch there.

To add. New GPUs will be cheap and wont even sell much. Gamers will be able to buy cheap GPU in the secondary markets.

I gave u merit for good info on the numbers.
Activity: 168
Merit: 2
With current difficulty, this Bitmain Garbage can only mine for a round $4 a day. Imagine all the batches are come a live and then difficulty sky rocketed way higher.
Both this ASIC miner and GPU have to say good bye to ETH.
Btw, are you sure that this is the best Bitmain can do? I somehow have intuition that they have more powerful hashing board to mine ETH under their wrap still. Way more powerful that this garbage.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
https://gyazo.com/9a8465b6b6cf34ad47f0a44e9f8d5243

I can also confirm the E3 is still up for purchase as of 4:18PM EST. Seems like the E3 has been going in and out of stock recently for whatever reason. They likely don't have many left, or Bitmain are increasing available stock for E3 on their website.

Debating getting one ...but then again my fuzzy math (a bit over) 50% to IRS anyway and 25% equip deduction in real cash applied to this years taxes (which I will have more

then enough for)

the risk is $225 above electric per unit....and they make what $4 a day maybe...sheesh..this is depressing..

so again my risk with my 'usual' set aside for the tax man... of 50% to the IRS and the state tax man (again a bit high with a 'cush') ..and that 25% equipment deduction

tempting price for a 'doorstop'...at again my tax angles and equip depreciation and of course the fact I'm mining more than a 2 dozen asic's (of many flavors)

as to newbies WITHOUT any large mining (my boat) or etc....my risk is like (with shipping/fees/etc) about 3 out of 4 it WILL work...your risk with REAL from the Job Income

and NO mining income to offset and IF you make enough for the 25% off taxes paid...is around 3 out of 4 of NOT working out...

also, this will only work for me at a certain level of mining income (which this year I've passed already...and of course crypto dumps and/for my capital gains etc)...

IF mining goes bye bye...my angles go away too...(back to hobby mining and heating the basement next winter)

thus I"M NOT SURE if it is worth getting for me!!...so only spend what you can afford....and keep that in mind when you read my posts on equipment

you reach a certain level of equipment and 'being stupid' has fewer consequences...then when I had 2 ASIC's in the basement...

anyway, still on the fence...likely they will be sold out by the time I get over pondering this...

stalling as a strategy can also be considered a 'wise' long-term strategy....but damn, hedging on what the heck prices for crypto are going to be ...is daunting...lately

brad
Activity: 51
Merit: 0

I can also confirm the E3 is still up for purchase as of 4:18PM EST. Seems like the E3 has been going in and out of stock recently for whatever reason. They likely don't have many left and cancelling is going on like you said, or Bitmain are increasing available stock for E3 on their website.

Or they are taking a page out of apple's playbook and selling out artificially to create demand...
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1130
Bitcoin FTW!

I can also confirm the E3 is still up for purchase as of 4:18PM EST. Seems like the E3 has been going in and out of stock recently for whatever reason. They likely don't have many left and cancelling is going on like you said, or Bitmain are increasing available stock for E3 on their website.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
LIMIT was 5 per customer Now it's sold out.
Instant Buy button was ACTIVE a few minutes ago when I checked.

It does NOT appear to be sold out - but it's possible I checked right after someone canceled or "failed to pay in time" on an order.
Now that's the same power required by my 80 Mh/s miner but more than a double of this hash rate. Seems like a game over for my GPU miners.

Time to make a few gaming rigs out of them and then sell, then maybe buy off these ASICs.

Re-read what you just wrote.  Especially the part where you said,"Time to make a few gaming rigs out of them and then sell". Really pay attention to this. Study the words. Maybe you will find a reason why NOT to buy this crap!! Wink
ROFL !!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Bitmain's economy model in a nutshell.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Now that's the same power required by my 80 Mh/s miner but more than a double of this hash rate. Seems like a game over for my GPU miners.

Time to make a few gaming rigs out of them and then sell, then maybe buy off these ASICs.

Re-read what you just wrote.  Especially the part where you said,"Time to make a few gaming rigs out of them and then sell". Really pay attention to this. Study the words. Maybe you will find a reason why NOT to buy this crap!! Wink
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

disappointing product in terms of hash/watts. my 6 GTX 1070 is doing much better hash at lower watts. on the other side, it is a good news, it means GPU mining will not be killed by this products.
Now compare the cost and space of your rig with this. This thing no matter how weak it is will hurt gpu mining a lot.

It is very low cost and is very scalable. So expect big mining farms using this which increase the difficulty of ETH and then those GPU farms will switch to different algo. It will increase difficulty on all coins.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 132
What is up with everyone in this thread acting like ETH is the only mineable coin?  There are a shitload of other algos out there.  Unless you are using old AMD cards, mining ETH hasn't been the most profitable coin to mine in almost a year.  Blows my mind how people act like the sky is falling and its the end of mining because Bitmain is releasing an "ASIC" that is underpowered and overpriced and not even available for 3 months.

What is up with you and your head in the clouds not realizing that ETH is the main source of income of GPUs both directly and indirectly. Yes, its not the most profitable coin to mine but its what FARMS mine for a steady source of income. If ETH tanks all those mining farms will eat up your little GPU rigs and nothing will be profitable. You are a little fish who is lost in a big sea of miners.

for real 😳 who are these newbies that have no idea how bad the gpu mining buisness was before ether ,ether saved gpu mining
it absolutely blows my mind HOW MANY PEOPLE do not understand the severity of this situation from the POV of a GPU Miner let alone bitmain ruling crypto / centralization and so forth

Also I heard you never receive merits, so here's a merit my friend lol Cheesy

As the dude in the Big Lebowski says, “That’s just like, your opinion, man”   ETH did not save GPU mining.  It helped popularize it, there is no proof all of these other coins wouldn't have came around if Ethereum never existed.  As for these mining farms, what kind of cards do they have?  I'm guessing the people who parrot about these "farms" are clueless to the size, scope, and equipment.  It doesn't matter how large your operation is, the fact is that if you have 5 or 5000 GTX 10XX cards, ETH has not been the most profitable coin to mine for a long time.  And if these huge mining farms have AMD cards, what the hell else are they going to switch their hashrate to?   There are a million different coins to mine.
god you are an imbecile, amd cards cost a third of the price of nvidia cards when most of these farms were build, for each 1070 or 1080ti there are 3 or more rx470 or 570 cards purchased for the same price.  Two 470s easily do the work of 1 1070at any algo, 3 the work of a 1080ti.

these cards are undervolted to the max and on top of that power is not a concern for large farms since they pay .02 cents per watt or less.

This so called Nvidia advantage is false when it comes to scaled up opperation. 

the fact thst you think a 5 vs a 5000 gpu farm faces the same issues shows how clueless you are

carry on tho 😂
Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

for real 😳 who are these newbies that have no idea how bad the gpu mining buisness was before ether ,ether saved gpu mining
it absolutely blows my mind HOW MANY PEOPLE do not understand the severity of this situation from the POV of a GPU Miner let alone bitmain ruling crypto / centralization and so forth

Also I heard you never receive merits, so here's a merit my friend lol Cheesy

As the dude in the Big Lebowski says, “That’s just like, your opinion, man”   ETH did not save GPU mining.  It helped popularize it, there is no proof all of these other coins wouldn't have came around if Ethereum never existed.  As for these mining farms, what kind of cards do they have?  I'm guessing the people who parrot about these "farms" are clueless to the size, scope, and equipment.  It doesn't matter how large your operation is, the fact is that if you have 5 or 5000 GTX 10XX cards, ETH has not been the most profitable coin to mine for a long time.  And if these huge mining farms have AMD cards, what the hell else are they going to switch their hashrate to?   There are a million different coins to mine.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!

It is all a gamble on any asic equip now...last I looked a E3 did what 3.75 per day?

(could be wrong..trying to remember)

an L3+ (scrypt-pow) does 3.00 a day or some such

thus why NEW products like the E3 are being dumped (yesterday limit of 1) at $855

and today (limit of 5) at 800 (ship middle of JULY 2018)

so pick your poison...

price is droping on all alts and btc and to make it worse we have a GLUT of many ASICs of many flavors (blake2b, scrypt-pow, sha-256, x11, Eth, monero stuff) etc etc

tough times to be a newbie (w/o equip deductions on use of mining previous) ...yech.....being a newbie today would suck big time for that reason alone on looking at risk

on this stuff

anyway, IMHO...we may be looking at 'sideways' in price at best or a dump to 4k or a pump to 9k ....place your bets!

Activity: 309
Merit: 5
disappointing product in terms of hash/watts. my 6 GTX 1070 is doing much better hash at lower watts. on the other side, it is a good news, it means GPU mining will not be killed by this products.
Activity: 729
Merit: 114
It seems like these new E3 can be upgraded once ETH will fork and still mine it. I heard this from "insiders"..

if it's using GPU under the hood I don't know how a fork can or even should solve that problem
If this is not an ASIC then how will changing algos do any good ?
Activity: 504
Merit: 3
It seems like these new E3 can be upgraded once ETH will fork and still mine it. I heard this from "insiders"..
Activity: 729
Merit: 114
Is it true than Chinese miners start to sell used graphic cards after that news?

It's indeed true and its always been the way Bitmain operates. They call it a "testing" where they actually run the miners in the guise of quality testing but in reality a few days testing should be finne. But these guys, as we can see, take months testing before selling the used miners to unwitting customers. Don't buy it.
nice testing for months  Cheesy

I ordered 4 acics, hope it'll come fast.

Ya, hope they give you 50% additional discount for future purchase.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
Is it true than Chinese miners start to sell used graphic cards after that news?

It's indeed true and its always been the way Bitmain operates. They call it a "testing" where they actually run the miners in the guise of quality testing but in reality a few days testing should be finne. But these guys, as we can see, take months testing before selling the used miners to unwitting customers. Don't buy it.
nice testing for months  Cheesy

I ordered 4 acics, hope it'll come fast.

Wasted money and all this will teach you a lesson ehhe when your eth asics brick hehe
Pages:
Jump to: