Pages:
Author

Topic: BitMarket.Eu has closed down - page 2. (Read 203867 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Energy is Wealth
July 25, 2014, 04:40:24 PM
does anyone know how to trace maver? does anyone know his real name? does anyone know where it is?

the time has come that this man pays for his mistakes
Here is his real name: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5344257

Can someone update the situation? What is the status of refunds? These people can be found..
Have nod seen a satoshi yet
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
July 25, 2014, 04:29:25 PM
Can someone update the situation? What is the status of refunds? These people can be found..
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721
July 25, 2014, 04:15:48 PM
which  nik- name  uses ?

Same as here (M4v3R). His real name is not uknown and it's Maciej Trębacz.

Link to his profile (you will need to log in) https://forum.bitcoin.pl/member85.html

last logged in:

20 maja 2014, 23:19
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
July 25, 2014, 04:00:02 PM
does anyone know how to trace maver? does anyone know his real name? does anyone know where it is?

Try polish Bitcoin forum https://forum.bitcoin.pl/

which  nik- name  uses ?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005
Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952
July 25, 2014, 08:09:35 AM

Try polish Bitcoin forum https://forum.bitcoin.pl/
July 24, 2014, 06:04:45 AM

legendary
Energy is Wealth
July 14, 2014, 06:56:08 PM
maver, you're proving to everyone to be a dirty crook
July 04, 2014, 11:54:05 AM
hey maver.. where are you? why do not you answer? You can not scam people,  and then disappear, you have to answer, you have to give a refund
legendary
Energy is Wealth
June 11, 2014, 05:15:12 PM
maver because no reply Huh
Are you still expecting something from this dry well. I have not seen anything so far.
June 11, 2014, 05:09:50 PM
maver because no reply Huh
May 29, 2014, 04:21:52 PM
Just a quick announcement:

- Current status of payouts for most of users (basically everyone that contacted me with their payout addresses): 50%
- Payouts for May were suspended because unfortunately I couldn't gather enough funds to cover all users. Next payout will be sent in June.
- Currently Bitmarket.eu site is down due to being DDoS'ed (who would want to DDoS a dead exchange is beyond me). I'm working to restore the service as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

there is always a new excuse for not being on time with the refund
Activity: 607
Merit: 500
May 25, 2014, 04:13:01 AM
Just a quick announcement:

- Current status of payouts for most of users (basically everyone that contacted me with their payout addresses): 50%
- Payouts for May were suspended because unfortunately I couldn't gather enough funds to cover all users. Next payout will be sent in June.
- Currently Bitmarket.eu site is down due to being DDoS'ed (who would want to DDoS a dead exchange is beyond me). I'm working to restore the service as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.
May 15, 2014, 03:30:12 PM
hello maver, when to get refund of May?
legendary
Activity: 1526
May 04, 2014, 07:18:42 PM
No shit, Sherlock!
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
May 02, 2014, 07:08:15 AM
Hello all. I'm terrible sorry for not responding to this earlier. A mix of personal issues with searching for a solution prevented me from it.

Unfortunately, I have very bad news. I cannot currently proccess your withdrawals. The situation is very complicated and it's all my fault, that's why I feel terrible about it. I tried to make this up, to keep the site afloat and somehow recover the funds, but it's not possible anymore. Right now there are 1786 BTC pending withdrawal, which I can't honor...

Earlier this year, I had this "genius" idea which led me to making a fatal mistake. I thought I could provide a hedge fund service for Bitmarket users. There were other sites providing this service so I guesses that it could be successful. I had experience in trading before, all I needed is a platform. And there was one - Bitcoinica. I was so convinced with this idea (and sooo wrong in hindsight) that for a while I kept majority of "offline" Bitmarket funds there. What I didn't expect was that one day it could just dissapear - taking all the money with it. What's worse, the funds were shorted when it happened (converted to USD and sold) - and after Bitcoinica dissapeared BTC price rose by about 250% until now. So while there is still chance to recover the funds (there is an appointed liquidator assigned to this case and I've already sent in claims) it will be not enough to cover all people's funds. For the record - there are 20161 18787.72139217 BTC missing (edit: I subtracted my funds that also were deposited on Bitmarket), and Bitcoinica claims total for around 50K USD (the exact amount is uncertain because the liquidators haven't yet stated at what rate they will liquidate positions).

Sadly, I alone, I'm out of options. I don't have own money to pay for this loss (Bitmarket never made any real profit and I make up for a living by part-time web/mobile programming). The options for making this up for everyone as I see are:

- find an investor (or investors) that is willing to cover at least part of is debt. I would transfer all rights to the website software, servers and database to him and also work as a technician, possibly also implementing features he'd wanted. If you reading this have the funds necessary to make this work, PLEASE contact me on this.
- freeze all current funds and "start over" trading with explicit fees, implementing much-needed features like rating system and others. All profits from the fees would go directly to a fund for repaying the debt. I'm afraid that this option alone is not enough though - many people won't (and have full right to do so) trust the site again...
- something else?

Again, I would like to deeply apologize to everyone involved with this. I'm really sorry Sad. I made a fatal mistake and I have to deal with it now. If you thinking about sueing me about this - you have full right to do so, but I don't think it's a good idea - I don't have any money so winning a case will get nothing for you and possibly ruin my life Sad. It also would prevent me from doing anything to alleviate this situation, and I really want to make this up for everyone and I'm willing to do anything in my power to do this. I had many sleepless nights thinking about how I can make this tight. I just need some help with this.

Last, but not least...
If you have any bitcoin you can donate to help users that have locked funds, please send them here: 1Km5GFMat1DXcbvMTeH9ZvLGKvFCLBA9dM
All received Bitcoins will go directly to process withdrawals. I will update how much is left in this thread.

What I'd like to know is, was any user aware of this "hedge fund service"? If M4v3R was serious about providing a hedge fund service for his customers, what would have been the expected benefit? Was he going to pay funds to the users if the BTC price dropped or something?

My suspicion is that it was never on behalf of the users at all - that M4v3R got greedy, got tired of running a service for free, and wanted to use the massive amount of BTC he was holding on behalf of other users to make a profit for himself.
April 28, 2014, 11:14:11 AM
It came from a multisig address. There are still wallets that don't handle them properly. Maybe you use an outdated version?
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
April 28, 2014, 06:54:51 AM
Thanks maciej, the payment came through. Strangely tho, it doesn't give an address the coins came from, just a ? instead
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
April 25, 2014, 12:21:43 PM
gj guys for trying to clear it up
April 24, 2014, 04:48:29 AM
I am still processing this round of payouts (I had a brief pause due to the holiday period) as you can see on the blockchain, hence no update on the site yet. Your refund should arrive today.

Edit: Just posted an update on the site.
Pages:
Jump to: