Pages:
Author

Topic: BitMarket.Eu has closed down - page 5. (Read 203867 times)

Activity: 271
Merit: 250
November 12, 2013, 08:13:25 PM
MePIN is a commercial 3rd party service.

We hope we can make sms verification or similar available for the public beta launch, but this depends also on other factors such as MePIN support
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721
November 12, 2013, 05:44:53 PM
Any chance for Gauth?

Probably not, we rejected idea of Google Auth because it's vurnable to secret key stealing when setting up 2-factor authentication if user's computer is compromised. MePIN is much more secure than that.

I've never heard of this MePIN. Is it open source? What if the user's phone is compromised? Does it work on older smartphones (like Symbian)?

As far as I can see I won't be able to run it on a Nokia 5800 so I'd probably be interested in the SMS auth, do you have an ETA on that?

Thanks
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Lead developer
November 12, 2013, 05:25:09 PM
Any chance for Gauth?

Probably not, we rejected idea of Google Auth because it's vurnable to secret key stealing when setting up 2-factor authentication if user's computer is compromised. MePIN is much more secure than that.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721
November 12, 2013, 01:52:45 PM
You will be able to buy Bitcoins directly to an external Bitcoin address after we launch. There will be also an option for using SMS-based 2-factor authentication. Stay tuned for more information Smiley.

Any chance for Gauth?
Lead developer
November 12, 2013, 01:39:56 PM

argargarg!!

Bitalo uses MePIN for two-factor authentication. This solution is more secure than standard token-based two-factor solutions. To use it, install MePIN app on your smartphone, and after setting it up, click on the link below:

I dont have a smartphone
but I want to use bitalo how to do?

You will be able to buy Bitcoins directly to an external Bitcoin address after we launch. There will be also an option for using SMS-based 2-factor authentication. Stay tuned for more information Smiley.
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
November 12, 2013, 12:51:12 PM

argargarg!!

Bitalo uses MePIN for two-factor authentication. This solution is more secure than standard token-based two-factor solutions. To use it, install MePIN app on your smartphone, and after setting it up, click on the link below:

I dont have a smartphone
but I want to use bitalo how to do?
Lead developer
November 12, 2013, 09:36:56 AM
We didn't close it, the server was reconfigured yesterday and it probably impacted the splash page. The beta site is still operational at beta.bitalo.com. We'll try to fix the splash page asap.
November 12, 2013, 07:43:35 AM
why did you close bitalo.com?
it was only in beta?
Activity: 607
Merit: 500
October 30, 2013, 07:00:29 PM
Another round of 10% payouts was sent. The evaluation for BTC payouts was 150 EUR/BTC, which is today's lowest rate (lower is better, because you get more coins). If I missed anybody please PM me, as it's the quickest way to reach me.
Lead developer
October 30, 2013, 10:21:25 AM
Of course you don't need to if you have better options for storage. That's also why we'll add the "buy-into-external-address" feature soon, if you want to handle the storage of your bought Bitcoins yourself.

For most people though it's probably a safer option than just running a Bitcoin client on their computer, which most of time is not properly secured.
Activity: 609
Merit: 501
peace
October 30, 2013, 10:10:57 AM
It would still be prudent to not leave any bitcoins hosted there for any length of time greater than 10 minutes.
There is no reason to.
Lead developer
October 30, 2013, 03:30:21 AM
We don't, because with the multisignature wallet and transaction system we've implemented there is literally no way for either us or a hacker, that gets access to our systems to steal the Bitcoins from our users. It's basically the safest online wallet and exchange to date.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
October 29, 2013, 11:33:25 PM
Home for your Bitcoins... a bit much, don't you think? Esp considering the predecessor's most recent history.
Lead developer
October 29, 2013, 06:26:21 PM
Sioux, we will implement SMS 2-factor verification for people who don't own a smartphone. The reason that we would like not to go with email is that it's not really a two-factor, since you can access your email from your computer most of time, and when it gets comprimised the hacker can steal from you. With our 2-factor solution it's not the case, and it's also not the case with SMS 2-factor.

Apart from that, we will also implement buying into external Bitcoin address that you manage. These two features are in the works and will be added in next week or two, before public launch.
October 29, 2013, 05:19:49 PM
Bitalo finally can proudly present working multi-signature code and has launched the private beta. Check us out for more details http://beta.bitalo.com/

You can also follow us on facebook to receive updates about a public launch.

https://www.facebook.com/BitaloAG

I see you only allow people with smartphones to trade (2-Factor authen...)
but what about the poeple that dont have one?

You should implement anather 2-Factor Way to prevent theft
without having to have a smartphone

1.Bitstamp requires your to confirm with your email adress when withdrawing
2.bitcoin.de has mTan (mobil tan) confirmations when withdrawing

Can you guys enable that?
Activity: 81
October 28, 2013, 07:52:22 PM
Bitalo finally can proudly present working multi-signature code and has launched the private beta. Check us out for more details http://beta.bitalo.com/

You can also follow us on facebook to receive updates about a public launch.

https://www.facebook.com/BitaloAG
October 28, 2013, 07:50:06 PM
Actually, it's sort of over now, because Bitalo launched the private beta today Smiley. I will send the next refunds in next 48 hours.
Activity: 178
October 24, 2013, 05:17:13 PM
HI,

i guess the critital period is over.

Any chance of my previous account being refunded?

Rgds:

Tango
October 18, 2013, 03:39:15 AM
Mentore, I am really busy with Bitalo beta at this moment. Sorry about delays, the refunds will be sent as soon as this critical phase of development is done. I hope to do that next week.
Activity: 104
October 16, 2013, 07:12:29 AM
because no one answers? M4v3R where are you? Reply please
Pages:
Jump to: