Pages:
Author

Topic: BitMarket.Eu has closed down - page 9. (Read 203867 times)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
July 07, 2013, 04:31:00 AM
Um. If I were speculating I would sold the Bitcoins few days ago, because I had a feeling that the price will go down (and I did sell my own few BTCs). The process is slow and tedious, it's not something I can reliably automate. That's why I still have some payouts to do.

I had 20 BTC frozen in December. Any chance of getting a repayment in the near future?
Activity: 607
Merit: 500
July 04, 2013, 04:32:02 PM
Um. If I were speculating I would sold the Bitcoins few days ago, because I had a feeling that the price will go down (and I did sell my own few BTCs). The process is slow and tedious, it's not something I can reliably automate. That's why I still have some payouts to do.
Activity: 714
Psi laju, karavani prolaze.
July 04, 2013, 03:48:08 PM
Even though I bought Bitcoins for refunds at rate of 84 EUR, to be fair with users I'm using current rate, at the time of refund. In your case it was 57 EUR if I recall correctly.

Why didn't you pay immediately? It seems to me you are speculating with your clients funds again and being terrible at it, again. The extra losses you are making only prolong payout to the rest of the people owed.
July 04, 2013, 03:21:31 PM
Even though I bought Bitcoins for refunds at rate of 84 EUR, to be fair with users I'm using current rate, at the time of refund. In your case it was 57 EUR if I recall correctly.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
July 04, 2013, 09:17:35 AM
Thanks, payment has arrived.
Please announce at what rate you have converted the refund amounts from EUR to BTC today.
Activity: 18
July 04, 2013, 05:33:33 AM
Still no refund for me either. Sent you my bitmarket username via PM.
July 04, 2013, 02:10:25 AM
Hey Hafey,

I'm sorry that your payment was missed. The process is very manual (I have a lot book keeping to do to ensure that everything was done right) so not everyone is refunded at the same time, I just go through my list one by one. I already refunded about 100 users. You didn't get your share yet, because you were one of few people that answered "other" in the questionaire. I processed your 10% refund right now.
Activity: 70
July 03, 2013, 08:49:09 AM
Hey M4v3R!
You wrote that you've got about 10% of the debt from Bitalo. Now you write that about 10% of the debt is already refunded, which would be basically the whole first payment from Bitalo. But I have still got no refund; which would mean that you have used the first payment to refund only some users. The cooperation is bound to the fact that you treat all creditors equally. Please make it sure.

BitMarket username: hafey

I completed another batch of payments today. As of today about 10% of the debt is refunded. You can find more information in the updates section on Bitmarket.eu.
June 27, 2013, 01:30:08 AM
According to my logs only 4-5 people saw this behavior, Ollie, as it was immediately fixed. No one even tried to exploit it though. To everyone else -  due to a very recent change (my SMTP servers were malfunctioning and I had to debug them) SMTP logs were displayed on the site when submitting password reset form. Theoretically, if you knew someone's email AND this person didn't have 2-factor auth, you could log in to his account in last 2-3 days.

While it's my mistake that I left this on, even for a short while, you can see the benefits of having 2-factor auth here, because it's one of many cases when it secures your account from unauthorized entries. That's why on Bitalo 2-factor will be basically mandatory (you will be able to buy only very small amounts of BTC without it and they will be withdrawn to your Bitcoin address immediately).

Another precaution to prevent exactly these kind of bugs is that every code deploy will be audited by another programmer on the team, which has two benefits - you can catch these kind of mistakes very easily, and also there is no way a staff member could insert malicious code into the site without others noticing it.
Activity: 89
June 26, 2013, 10:11:20 PM
Was anything done to ensure that refunds did not go to hackers as a result of the recently discovered security hole?
Activity: 7
June 26, 2013, 02:12:05 PM
Just got my payment now, thanks
June 26, 2013, 01:48:30 PM
I completed another batch of payments today. As of today about 10% of the debt is refunded. You can find more information in the updates section on Bitmarket.eu.
June 26, 2013, 08:51:13 AM
Are any more payments being done this week? I saw a load of payments were sent out on Monday but there's been nothing since, and I'm still waiting on my first payment
June 21, 2013, 10:49:31 AM
Already done and waiting Smiley do we get a rough idea of % of total we get back in this payment?
June 21, 2013, 07:10:49 AM
Hi, I opted to get the full refund in smaller regular amounts, and I was wondering if there's any update on when we'll get out first payments.

First payments for everyone that lost funds in december should arrive next week. To be included please make sure that you wrote your Bitcoin withdrawal address in the Payiut info box on your account page after logging in on Bitmarket.eu website.
June 21, 2013, 05:59:29 AM
Hi, I opted to get the full refund in smaller regular amounts, and I was wondering if there's any update on when we'll get out first payments.

And to the others, stop griping! Mav3r may have fucked up but at least we're getting something back. He could have easily just ignored what happened and not offered anything. It may take a while to get back our coins but hopefully it'll be a steady return, and its better than a kick in the teeth
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005
Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952
June 19, 2013, 07:39:58 AM
I lost 110.9 BTC with Bitmarket and M4v3R at the Helm. Would't call him a scammer, untrustworthy may be a better word.

Ok whatever, UNTRUSTWORTHY it is then.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Energy is Wealth
June 19, 2013, 07:16:09 AM
I lost 110.9 BTC with Bitmarket and M4v3R at the Helm. Would't call him a scammer, untrustworthy may be a better word. I was careless, as where all the other users of BM who lost coins. Should be a clear warning, do not keep more coins at any exchange than absolutely necessary.
As the old saying goes "If you don't hold it, you don't own it".  Use paper wallet or whatever suits best.
GsR
Activity: 34
June 19, 2013, 05:38:25 AM
This is the definition of scammer from Urbandirectory

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=scammer

One who does everything in his/her power to steal from another, usually by means of trickery, deceit, and force. With the accesibility and anonymousity that the internet provides, scammers have become increasingly prevalent in modern times. Usually driven by personal greed or even outright amusement, they are unhindered by sympathy or morals and are the very face of human corruption.

I don't think this definition apply to M4v3R

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1005
Bringing Legendary Har® to you since 1952
June 19, 2013, 04:06:11 AM
Time for the scammer tag.
I think that after the recents hacks on the website, the webmaster told himself "fuck it, I'm gonna steal from my users too".
Bitcoin value decreases when you do that. That's no good.

You have no idea how much time I've spent to help my users with these hacks (which were not compromises of Bitmarket security). And I didn't get anything in return. If I wanted to steal the money, I'd just announce that I got hacked and whole wallet was stolen. But I want to be completely honest with my users. That doesn't make the funds magically appear, but I believe it's the right thing to do.

Why doesn't he have SCAMMER TAG yet ?

I mean, he gambled with people's money and lost. I do not understand this...

Because a real scammer would not post any longer or pay anything back - a real scammer just disappears and runs with your money... I received some BTC from M4V3R four days ago. I won´t cover my losses but it´s better than nothing. So IMHO M4V3R is not a scammer but just a guy who made a huge mistake and trying to deal with it.

No matter. Still a scammer.
Pages:
Jump to: