Pages:
Author

Topic: BitMarket.Eu has closed down - page 20. (Read 203867 times)

Activity: 271
Merit: 250
February 27, 2013, 08:19:43 AM
at least i did never see a single bitcent of the 18.000 somewhat lost coins, i could have done quite some party with my 618 frozen coins though..... ;-)
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
February 27, 2013, 08:09:59 AM
at the end we can say that the scam bitmarket was a success ...

but I do not stop, I want my money, and I go ahead , you bastards pigs

I think that you have to respect other people that are spending their time and money to try to find a solution that can help who has lost bitcoins, including you
Also remember that time is money .... and they are investing their time for free.

are you sure they are looking for a solution ?

is easier than doing party with our money with prostitutes and drug, but I hope with all my heart, that it is as you say, and you can find a solution
GsR
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
February 26, 2013, 06:42:55 PM

I think that you have to respect other people that are spending their time and money to try to find a solution that can help who has lost bitcoins, including you
Also remember that time is money .... and they are investing their time for free.
February 26, 2013, 04:25:30 AM
@mentor, using curse words will not help i assume....

We will have the official information how to proceed quite soon i hope, the drafts for the communications are about to be ready, but some details still need to be revamped.

Reopening however would also not happen over night, we need to discuss a lot about security / financial issues / organisational issues. Especially to avoid that mistakes from the past could repeat.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
February 25, 2013, 04:16:49 PM
@administrator of bitmarket.eu

when can we expect the reopening of bitmarket.eu ?
i hope very soon !
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
February 25, 2013, 03:27:24 PM

legendary
Merit: 1001
Energy is Wealth
February 23, 2013, 06:14:57 AM
Until this is done I seriously doubt any sort of mass acceptance of bitcoin by large merchants.
Large merchants or multi-international corporations dont have to (eventually they will) accept bitcoins thats where bitmarket.eu steps in. as well as being an exchange it can also be a gatway, similar to the guys at pizzaforcoins.  
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21427505
of-course there markup is way to high.
Bitcoins its like a runaway train u either jump on it or get run over.
xyz
Activity: 1848
Merit: 772
February 22, 2013, 07:37:20 PM
ok thanks for the link, i will check if this is something

Of course we should use all possible sources for money to invest in this site - if there is no other way... But if there is any chance that the site can start again without money from EU and other "official fiat-money sources" this would be much better in my opinion!!!
I have a good feeling since a man like you is involved! I like your open kind to tell us your name, your company, your interests and so on... And that all, BEFORE you really know all what happened here. I would suggest after we know what are the new conditions and plans to start a second questionnaire whether and how much the old customer would invest in the site! For example I have hold-on about 15 bitcoins, but I have on another (till now sure) site about 50 coins. I would invest half of them in bitmarket if I see a good program for it! I know this is not very much... but maybe other (more rich) customer would do the same!?
Activity: 47
February 22, 2013, 05:30:07 PM
It takes more then that to create a secure exchange  let alone a secure site.  If you want some advice I can more then likely get a certified security auditor to come on and detail you a list of requirements.  As the exchange should be regarded as a financial institution although it doesn't handle credit cards or debit card transactions it should still be as secure as a site that does and to put it nicely having a php website with a mysql database which sits on the same server as the web application,  with poorly implemented iptables and a phpmyadmin page open to the world doesn't really scream I am secure to me.  Not to mention the person who essentially stole 17k bitcoins initially is still involved with the site - If I saw all that I wouldn't touch it with a pole.
So with other words not bitmarked.eu is dead but bitcoins because lets face it no exchange would pass. This is exactly why it can be one opportunity to move away from the shanigans the whole bitcoin environment is in. As it stands its only a matter of time before the next shifty move is uncovered, minor or major. its about as buggy as any microsoft code, the moment u fix one hole another pops up, yet bitcoin raises and raises.

It's not dead it just means there is a big opportunity there for people who have the knowledge and money to invest to create a an actual secure market for trades, any thing connected to the internet can be hacked it is all about mitigating the risk against it. My personal opinion is the exchanges need to have over site by a body similar  to the PCI Security Standards Council and actually be accountable to someone and face penalties for shoddy security practices.  At the very least these exchanges should perform security audits by approved ISA's and have regular sites scans done by an ASV such as Qualys. Until this is done I seriously doubt any sort of mass acceptance of bitcoin by large merchants.
legendary
Energy is Wealth
February 22, 2013, 02:51:34 PM
It takes more then that to create a secure exchange  let alone a secure site.  If you want some advice I can more then likely get a certified security auditor to come on and detail you a list of requirements.  As the exchange should be regarded as a financial institution although it doesn't handle credit cards or debit card transactions it should still be as secure as a site that does and to put it nicely having a php website with a mysql database which sits on the same server as the web application,  with poorly implemented iptables and a phpmyadmin page open to the world doesn't really scream I am secure to me.  Not to mention the person who essentially stole 17k bitcoins initially is still involved with the site - If I saw all that I wouldn't touch it with a pole.
So with other words not bitmarked.eu is dead but bitcoins because lets face it no exchange would pass. This is exactly why it can be one opportunity to move away from the shanigans the whole bitcoin environment is in. As it stands its only a matter of time before the next shifty move is uncovered, minor or major. its about as buggy as any microsoft code, the moment u fix one hole another pops up, yet bitcoin raises and raises.
Activity: 47
February 22, 2013, 01:14:39 PM
My personal opinion is, that we should not try to earn back the money with fees. If the fees are too high people would simply use MtGox or other sites.
Fully agree, it must stay competitive

We only have a chance when we can develop something new and unique
yes move the bitcoin environment out of shonky backyard operators and create the only exchange u can trust. maybe three level security, like hot wallet, cold storage, and  "deep" cold storage where it would need, say 5 people to cross-sign to access  (if technical possible).

New features must be the core of a revived side as well as ongoing development, unlike before, a stagnant side hoping someone signs up.
It takes more then that to create a secure exchange Smiley let alone a secure site.  If you want some advice I can more then likely get a certified security auditor to come on and detail you a list of requirements.  As the exchange should be regarded as a financial institution although it doesn't handle credit cards or debit card transactions it should still be as secure as a site that does and to put it nicely having a php website with a mysql database which sits on the same server as the web application,  with poorly implemented iptables and a phpmyadmin page open to the world doesn't really scream I am secure to me.  Not to mention the person who essentially stole 17k bitcoins initially is still involved with the site - If I saw all that I wouldn't touch it with a pole.
February 22, 2013, 08:59:47 AM
ok thanks for the link, i will check if this is something
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721
February 22, 2013, 08:54:23 AM
Do you have any links to specific funding programs? Or at least the name of the program(s) you have in mind?
 I do not know any program that would give away "free" money just for sending some business plan for a website.

Well it does happen in Poland (or did a while ago).

Look for PARP (Polska Agencja Rozwoju Przedsiebiorczosci)
Program Operacyjny Innowacyjna Gospodarka 8.1 and 8.2

Bitmarket.eu (probably a new service maybe set up as a company would have to be started - of course not before applying) could qualify as an e-service:

http://www.web.gov.pl/informacje-o-euslugach/40_14.html

but the deadline for Round 1 is 1st March...

or start offering some kind of a B2B Internet service, then already existing companies can apply AFAIK (deadline is 30th April)

http://www.web.gov.pl/informacje-podstawowe-o-dofinansowaniu/38_18_informacje-o-dzialaniach-8-1-i-8-2-po-ig.html
February 22, 2013, 08:48:57 AM
Well, the money for these programs does not (like most people think) comes from the taxes they collect. It originally comes from debts... Only these debts create the money everybody uses... And only in the second step taxation comes in so they collect part of the money created from the debts back in, so they can at least pay for the interest and other government spendings. (There is no intention and no possible way to ever pay back the debts that create our money). The year after new debts will be made to create more money to pay back the old debts....

But ok, thats not the point of this thread.... My point is... While it is strongly recommended to critisize the "system" of exausive government spendings from debts, there is no point in refusing to take the money on INDIVIDUAL level, as the fake-money system needs these programs to "create" money. I prefer to put these resources into whatever bitcoin related project for a system change in the right direction. ;-) And a bitmarket peer2peer market would be a great step forward.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
In cryptography we trust
February 22, 2013, 08:25:15 AM
In EU we have funds and aids (basically free money) from EU organisations such as the European Regional Development Fund that help in setting up and financing investments of companies

Free as in other people (like me) are forced to pay for it.

Yes. I never even recommend anyone to go along this route and wouldn't do so myself (it's against my principles of taking stolen (by taxation) money) but this is a last resort for M4v3R.

I agree. As an entrepreneur I stay away from so called "free" government money because I understand where it comes from. Apart from the moral objections I wouldn't be prepared to waste the time and effort, which would be better spend on the project itself. I can't stop anyone taking the free money but I am sure not going to support anyone who does. I.e. if bitmarket.eu follows that route, I would never use it again.
February 22, 2013, 08:14:54 AM
Do you have any links to specific funding programs? Or at least the name of the program(s) you have in mind? I am a full time EU buerocrat myself, as i've been working as EU official about three years now, so filling out the stuff might be annoying, but possible. That shouldn't be a bottleneck if it helps bitmarket... *g Unfortunately the funding programs I know of would not fund projects like that. But I work in the chemicals agency, for sure i do not know all the programs they offer. And my colleagues could not give me any useful hints either ;-)

The programs I know are either bound to "special innovation projects" or to "hi-tech product ideas" or specific to agriculture etc.. Usually most of the stuff are simply loans that need to go via a "normal" bank. I do not know any program that would give away "free" money just for sending some business plan for a website.

legendary
February 22, 2013, 07:38:27 AM
In EU we have funds and aids (basically free money) from EU organisations such as the European Regional Development Fund that help in setting up and financing investments of companies

Yes. I never even recommend anyone to go along this route and wouldn't do so myself (it's against my principles of taking stolen (by taxation) money) but this is a last resort for M4v3R.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
In cryptography we trust
February 22, 2013, 07:31:11 AM

legendary
February 22, 2013, 07:24:55 AM
Well thanks for the hint.
"Accidentially" I work for an EU institution and you can totally forget about it, it just a massive buerocracy and you need to waste one year for preparing paperwork.

It is a lot of bureacracy but it should take a lot less than that if you hire someone experienced.

Poland is less developed than Germany and receives a lot of money from the EU for funds and aids but most of it will end in 2013 IIRC (because it's been almost 10 years since joining the EU).

Yes, it is true that often money is only given for new projects.
But it is not a problem to start a new website (with an existing customer base Smiley )

As M4v3r lives in Poland you should be directing questions to him, you can email him about it or maybe he can see for himself.
There are at least 5 different EU funds that Poles can use that I am aware of.

legendary
Energy is Wealth
February 22, 2013, 05:47:22 AM
My personal opinion is, that we should not try to earn back the money with fees. If the fees are too high people would simply use MtGox or other sites.
Fully agree, it must stay competitive

We only have a chance when we can develop something new and unique
yes move the bitcoin environment out of shonky backyard operators and create the only exchange u can trust. maybe three level security, like hot wallet, cold storage, and  "deep" cold storage where it would need, say 5 people to cross-sign to access  (if technical possible).

New features must be the core of a revived side as well as ongoing development, unlike before, a stagnant side hoping someone signs up.
Pages:
Jump to: