Pages:
Author

Topic: BitMarket.Eu has closed down - page 17. (Read 203867 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Energy is Wealth
March 07, 2013, 06:01:01 AM
The PROOF is already there and his admission of guilt.
Courts are only interested in hard facts. My friend can proof that at some time he hat purchased x amount of bitcoins and he has M4v3rs admission that a: the exchange got hacked and 620BTC got stolen and b: that he misappropriately misused my bitcoins to gamble at bitcoinica. Does that entitle my friend to 1000BTCs, no. He has to demonstrate that x amount of bitcoins are his and not 0 what his real account balance was at the time. Emotions aside thats the sad reality how courts operate.
Ted
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
March 07, 2013, 04:55:43 AM
maybe we should sue the satoshi guy too whilst we at it. maybe the whole bitcoin thing is just an elaborate get rich scheme Smiley

You go right ahead and do just that, if that's your wish. Just don't imagine or imply that it was anyone else's stupid idea, but yours alone. That would be a total straw man.
Activity: 47
March 07, 2013, 03:42:27 AM
Suing this and suing that, yes it is a wonderful tool and lawyers love it but there is just one catch. whoever gets sued must have assets. A car where the value is defined by weight (scrap metal) and a webpage is most likely the only two things found to be in his name. No fix job either, so whats left court appointed debt collector, yeh nice and good, but what u do when he moves residence? of course you win again and greece authority's will collect as happy as polish, but heck it takes a lot of energy. after all its an individual able to move at any time not like a multinational company with factory's and offices and patents. court appointed collection is all nice and good, but first u have to PROVE he owns u something. i can prove that i sent a total of 900 pounds to various people for btc payment and provide a screenshot of my login side showing the account balance 0 BTC (0 BTC frozen, 110.9 BTC on hold). so i might be able to "prove" more than most others, but its not proving anything real.
 I am eagerly awaiting to see what the police response will be when they call back in a couple of days time.
One thing i do know no lawyer will see an iota of my money to chase this ill investment. Depending how much value i put on 1 hour of my life one could argue the loss just grows with every line written, read and time spent....

maybe we should sue the satoshi guy too whilst we at it. maybe the whole bitcoin thing is just an elaborate get rich scheme Smiley

No ones talking about suing anyone.

We are talking about reporting an admitted thief and fraudster to the police as he has committed a crime and it is as simple as that  - doesn't cost you anything to do that and takes less then 15 mins. I don't know if the police will act or not or how long it takes for them to act but at least I'm not condoning his actions like a lot of people are,  as if what he did was some how not a crime and  "poor M4v3R he has no job blah blah he can't pay blah blah". The guy has money, the guy has assets and he should have thought about all this before he decided to take the coins for his own purposes.

The PROOF is already there and his admission of guilt.
legendary
Energy is Wealth
March 07, 2013, 01:28:36 AM
Suing this and suing that, yes it is a wonderful tool and lawyers love it but there is just one catch. whoever gets sued must have assets. A car where the value is defined by weight (scrap metal) and a webpage is most likely the only two things found to be in his name. No fix job either, so whats left court appointed debt collector, yeh nice and good, but what u do when he moves residence? of course you win again and greece authority's will collect as happy as polish, but heck it takes a lot of energy. after all its an individual able to move at any time not like a multinational company with factory's and offices and patents. court appointed collection is all nice and good, but first u have to PROVE he owns u something. i can prove that i sent a total of 900 pounds to various people for btc payment and provide a screenshot of my login side showing the account balance 0 BTC (0 BTC frozen, 110.9 BTC on hold). so i might be able to "prove" more than most others, but its not proving anything real.
 I am eagerly awaiting to see what the police response will be when they call back in a couple of days time.
One thing i do know no lawyer will see an iota of my money to chase this ill investment. Depending how much value i put on 1 hour of my life one could argue the loss just grows with every line written, read and time spent....

maybe we should sue the satoshi guy too whilst we at it. maybe the whole bitcoin thing is just an elaborate get rich scheme Smiley  Cheesy Grin
March 06, 2013, 04:21:04 PM
I've reported him for fraud and theft this morning and I am awaiting a call from the police in the coming days to get more information from me.
Well done. Do you happen to know M4v3rs postal address, or did you just state his name, country and photograph?  Huh Edit: Did you report him to the polish police or the police of your country?

So, good luck and keep us updated! As far as the police thing is concerned, they will simply not do anything at all because there is no "public interest".
Probably yes as long it is only one case. However things may look differently, if several people file a police report. And even if they do not pursuit the case any further, M4v3rs name will from now on be on records.

I don't have a postal address on him yet but I am working on it - quite easy to find information on him on line so shouldn't take long.

If you have the resources you could get the ISP he was using to give you his details via a court order I believe this was more then likely him either using a genuine Mac or a hackintosh to connect to the admin page of the site:

83.26.40.6 - - [14/Feb/2013:11:32:12 +0400] "GET /adminer-iuqgs124.php?server=localhost&username=bitmarket&db=bitmarket&sql= HTTP/1.1" 200 3489 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_8_2) AppleWebKit/536.26.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.2 Safari/536.26.17"

I reported him to the met police in the UK.

He needs to learn a valuable lesson and so far he seems to have walked off without suffering any consequences for his actions. I don't know if the police will act or not but the more people that report him the better hopefully someone from his native country was a victim and reports him to the polish police who will be in a position to act much quicker.
Activity: 18
March 06, 2013, 02:28:46 PM
I've reported him for fraud and theft this morning and I am awaiting a call from the police in the coming days to get more information from me.
Well done. Do you happen to know M4v3rs postal address, or did you just state his name, country and photograph?  Huh Edit: Did you report him to the polish police or the police of your country?

So, good luck and keep us updated! As far as the police thing is concerned, they will simply not do anything at all because there is no "public interest".
Probably yes as long it is only one case. However things may look differently, if several people file a police report. And even if they do not pursuit the case any further, M4v3rs name will from now on be on records.
Ted
March 06, 2013, 02:23:19 PM
well, when i just cite from your own link where it says:

"Before taking legal action against a foreign national, you should consider whether or not it is likely to be worthwhile.

First of all, it may cost a lot in legal fees as it is questionable whether the defendant will either readily agree to repayment of a debt, or have sufficient money to repay debts. Therefore, you need to ensure that you have sufficient funds to commence proceedings.

Secondly, you need to consider the likelihood of being able to recover the debt from the foreign national. If you do obtain judgment against them and they refuse to comply with it, you can take enforcement action through the courts"

So, good luck and keep us updated! As far as the police thing is concerned, they will simply not do anything at all because there is no "public interest". (If it is true or not does not matter, but they are only interested in million dollar frauds or murder stuff). When you start to explain that someone lost bitcoins, they will tell you to go for a private court case, where you will run into the problems mentioned above.

Filing a criminal fraud complaint with the police won't cost you anything, and at least there will be a paper trail of complaints against M4v3R. The more complaints received, the sooner the authorities will have to act. M4v3R is quite possible a serial conman, and if we do nothing he will just be able to walk away and defraud someone else. For all we know this whole deal with the restructuring of Bitmarket is an elaborate scheme to stall the victims from taking legal action, until all traces of the crime can be hidden. Now that Bitcoin is down - permanently, for what is seems - what proof does any of us victims have of any legal claim against M4v3R? I believe the "second hack" served two purposes; the theft of even more coins, and a valid-looking reason to shut down the site indefinitely.
GsR
Activity: 34
March 06, 2013, 11:27:58 AM
-Can bitmarket-admin confirm, that he owes me 47,6258 bitcoins? (My username at bitmarket.eu is fluppisippi.)

Please note though that since Bitmarket is not a bank, we don't have any insurances against theft or other unpredicted losses of Bitcoin. While legally I don't think I own you any Bitcoins (as per mralbi said), I feel morally obliged to return them to all users that had them stolen, that's why you will receive them back after we gather necessary funds. They will get the same treatement as the "on hold" ones from the previous loss, possibly with one exception - they will be probably reimbursed first.

-To which bitcoinaddress(es) were the latest 620 stolen bitcoins sent? (Maybe bitmarket-admin already told us, but I could not find it)

As someone already said before, the address and all necessary information was already posted before. The address that was used for the theft is:

http://blockchain.info/pl/address/1Lbcfpaw3uHs3iarBqZ12FYeD5vFwNvY49

Also, I don't really feel posting my postal address to some random guy on the internet, even if I owe virtual currency for him. Bitmarket investors will know my personal information and that's sufficient.

This might be relevant for people in the UK and other EU countries thinking about taking the previous owner to court you may not get all your coins back or their monetary value but if you just want to see him suffer the consequences of his actions it might be worth it:

http://www.findlaw.co.uk/law/dispute_resolution/litigation/basics/500437.html

I think that this choice doesn’t  worth the effort you have to put in it… but, honestly, I’m curious to ear the police's opinion.
Keep us updated
Activity: 271
Merit: 250
March 06, 2013, 08:32:50 AM
well, when i just cite from your own link where it says:

"Before taking legal action against a foreign national, you should consider whether or not it is likely to be worthwhile.

First of all, it may cost a lot in legal fees as it is questionable whether the defendant will either readily agree to repayment of a debt, or have sufficient money to repay debts. Therefore, you need to ensure that you have sufficient funds to commence proceedings.

Secondly, you need to consider the likelihood of being able to recover the debt from the foreign national. If you do obtain judgment against them and they refuse to comply with it, you can take enforcement action through the courts"

So, good luck and keep us updated! As far as the police thing is concerned, they will simply not do anything at all because there is no "public interest". (If it is true or not does not matter, but they are only interested in million dollar frauds or murder stuff). When you start to explain that someone lost bitcoins, they will tell you to go for a private court case, where you will run into the problems mentioned above.
legendary
Activity: 1526
March 06, 2013, 08:13:23 AM
Well, how about giving him a well-deserved scammer tag first? Why hasn't that happened yet? He openly admitted to it.
Ted
March 06, 2013, 05:59:01 AM
I happen to know an excellent Polish transplant surgeon. If you, M4v3R, are healthy, you could get by just fine with only one kidney or half a liver. Maybe something could be arranged.
March 06, 2013, 03:55:03 AM
-Can bitmarket-admin confirm, that he owes me 47,6258 bitcoins? (My username at bitmarket.eu is fluppisippi.)

Please note though that since Bitmarket is not a bank, we don't have any insurances against theft or other unpredicted losses of Bitcoin. While legally I don't think I own you any Bitcoins (as per mralbi said), I feel morally obliged to return them to all users that had them stolen, that's why you will receive them back after we gather necessary funds. They will get the same treatement as the "on hold" ones from the previous loss, possibly with one exception - they will be probably reimbursed first.

-To which bitcoinaddress(es) were the latest 620 stolen bitcoins sent? (Maybe bitmarket-admin already told us, but I could not find it)

As someone already said before, the address and all necessary information was already posted before. The address that was used for the theft is:

http://blockchain.info/pl/address/1Lbcfpaw3uHs3iarBqZ12FYeD5vFwNvY49

Also, I don't really feel posting my postal address to some random guy on the internet, even if I owe virtual currency for him. Bitmarket investors will know my personal information and that's sufficient.

This might be relevant for people in the UK and other EU countries thinking about taking the previous owner to court you may not get all your coins back or their monetary value but if you just want to see him suffer the consequences of his actions it might be worth it:

http://www.findlaw.co.uk/law/dispute_resolution/litigation/basics/500437.html

Activity: 10
March 06, 2013, 02:24:51 AM
Had been a little astray from this thread lately

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1413156
"December 21, 2012, 08:53:16 AM"

Maybe it occured before, but the consequences of it on bitmarket.eu started on december.

Anyway, since my coins were sent on february 2013, they shouldnt have been afected by this (bitcoinica). But just found out that I was f*cked up in the last hack Sad

Looking at the address where they were sent, seems like they were totally lost, being tranfered through a lot of wallets in massive amounts (200, 500, 1000, even 2000 btcs at once!).
legendary
Activity: 1526
March 05, 2013, 09:09:48 PM
The bitcoinica "issue" happened in June 2012.
Activity: 10
March 05, 2013, 08:59:36 PM
If I understand correctly, this bitcoinica issue occured at december 2012.

I naively deposited 2.43 BTCs on bitmarket and sold them without problem (14/02/2013). Then I deposited 5 more BTCs and put them on sale (on 15/02/2013). Then The site got offline 16/02/2013 and has been offline since then.

This bitcoins were transfered after the issue with bitcoinica, so the admin should have complete access to them.

Is there any way to get in contact with him? The site is offline without contact info. Would be enough to send a PM to his user in this forum or he just got completely off this issue am I simply screwed?

(sorry for the bad english btw).
legendary
Energy is Wealth
March 04, 2013, 12:20:16 PM
There are all sorts of unauthorized withdraws happening at mtgox all the time as can be seen from the list below. on lots of different threats can the cry s for help be found. the standard response from admin is go to police report it and sent us the official docs.
I have yet to see any satisfactory update.

MtGox account got cleared out
 - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mtgox-account-got-cleared-out-85533

All BTC disappeared from my Mt. Gox account
 - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/all-btc-disappeared-from-my-mt-gox-account-88368

Another:
 - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.941759

And another: My mtgox account got compromised, what can I do?
 - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/my-mtgox-account-got-compromised-what-can-i-do-84585

Yet more: MT.Gox account hacked - lost 2k USD - MT.GOX will not explain how.
 - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mtgox-account-hacked-lost-2k-usd-mtgox-will-not-explain-how-89142

And more again: Bitcoins stolen from MtGox
 - http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/x8lcv/bitcoins_stolen_from_mtgox

And yet more: Stolen from Mt.Gox coins. Help return the coins.
 - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/stolen-from-mtgox-coins-help-return-the-coins-119816

Or more here: Email from Mt.Gox this morning.
 - http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/z0na5/email_from_mtgox_this_morning

And even more here: I just had $715 stolen out of my Mt. Gox account.
 - http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/12j9gi/i_just_had_715_stolen_out_of_my_mt_gox_account

And the biggie: Bitcoinica MtGox account compromised
 - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoinica-mtgox-account-compromised-93074

With more here: Unauthorized Account Activity on my Mt.Gox Account - Account Compromised/Hacked?
 - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/unauthorized-account-activity-on-my-mtgox-account-account-compromisedhacked-94140

And even more: *MY* Mt Gox Account was Hacked - lost it all today... now what!?
 - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/my-mt-gox-account-was-hacked-lost-it-all-today-now-what-137795

Ditto: My MtGox account was just exploited - 3 BTC stolen
 - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/my-mtgox-account-was-just-exploited-3-btc-stolen-old-news-141816

Ditto on the ditto: Just lost 190 bitcoins through Mt. Gox
 - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/just-lost-190-bitcoins-through-mt-gox-141831

And now this one gets added to the list: Unauthorized withdrawal on Mt. Gox
 - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/unauthorized-withdrawal-on-mt-gox-147070
March 04, 2013, 10:57:08 AM
If i was you, I would not demand (or rely on) any confirmation from the admin on how many coins he owes you. What do you do when he simply does not answer or tells you that he owes you just 1 BTC or whatever other (wrong) amont?

You should collect "prove" by your bank transactions when purchasing these "frozen" coins from bitmarket.eu and maybe also use the receiving person you sent the money as witness. (This was at least the info i received as recommendation). You can of course also try to take whatever blockchain transactions as "prove", but you should NOT rely on the info you might receive from the admin (if you get any). At least, if i was him I would not give out any information to someone who publicly announces that he wants to sue me ;-)

And for the "meeting", there is no contract that would be signed. We want to meet to discuss the way out of the mess, based on the information we have from the questionnaire(s). It is mainly to discuss the ideas we have right now, discuss how these could be put into place plus get clarification on roles and responsibilities. No need to bring buddies or lawyers ;-))) We want to discuss primarily how the new site would look like and which functions could be implemented. How debts could be paid is also on the agenda, but for investors not the main issue.

BCB
vip
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
BCJ
March 04, 2013, 10:52:10 AM
Review the bitfloor.com hack before you agree to a repayment plan. Bitfloor lost 30,000 BTC in September 2012 and to date has returned 1.7% of the stolen bitcoin. Trading volume remains very low and there has been no report of additional investors payments.
Activity: 336
March 04, 2013, 09:57:49 AM
In my opinion the only way to get "THE" money back is by "earning" it back

and that is exactly how gamblers feel and ponzi-schemers/conartists operate.

There would be a lot more to comment on, but I also have limited resources and I just want to clarify, that I specified my question - I asked, if bitmarket-admin can confirm, that I held 47,6258 bitcoins at the exchange, right before the theft. I am still waiting for an answer there.

@m4v3r: You have got my bankaccount-data, you have got my ebayaccount-data and not only mine, but from hundreds of users - you could easily get everybodies address with that, but you do not want to disclose your relevant postal address, although for legal reasons you should?

So anybody still interested in "investing"? For those who honestly want to travel to Helsinki: you should assess the risks carefully, take a lawyer of your own choice, take him with you and if you do not have the resources to pay for a lawyer, leave this hole shady buisness-plan. If not, take at least two or three of your best buddies with you, so you can not be forced to sign anything in Helsinki.
I do not want to stop anyone to feel ashamed for a third time though - it is your choice.

March 04, 2013, 09:16:25 AM
I dont claim to be anyone's lawyer, i just want to share my personal view on things. I also shared the legal assessment I received from "my" (german) lawyer about the interpretation of "lost bitcoins". But your assumtion that I want to help M4v3r out is just wrong. In my opinion the only way to get "THE" money back is by "earning" it back by setting up a new site that provides unique features and would have the trust of many users.

From the questionnaire results, most people actually chose to put their energy in creating a new platform instead of trying to hunt behind the "old" money which is lost anyway, no matter how many court cases you might win.
Pages:
Jump to: