Pages:
Author

Topic: BitMarket.Eu has closed down - page 13. (Read 203867 times)

Activity: 271
Merit: 250
April 09, 2013, 08:47:35 AM
The opening date is somewhere may hopefully (lets not do the BFL approach)

We have now settled financial and contractual issues and we will sign the contracts end of April with the notary in germany, we just need to find a date where everybody has time. After that we will pay in the capital and after that we can start as soon as we are listed in the german trade registry.

Sorry this is all not so easy and still many barriers are ahead, but we are on a good way.

Thanks for your patience :-)

Activity: 104
Merit: 10
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
April 09, 2013, 05:46:36 AM
best of luck!
April 09, 2013, 04:54:43 AM
I still think that there will be no refund, it's just a jack ass

I am one of the Bitalo investors and I can tell you that there will be refunds as soon as the new platform is up.

when it is up?
Activity: 434
Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future.
April 03, 2013, 01:06:54 PM

I am one of the Bitalo investors and I can tell you that there will be refunds as soon as the new platform is up.
April 02, 2013, 07:47:56 AM
Activity: 607
March 28, 2013, 10:15:43 AM
Total balance: 2.008 BTC

and now ?

I don't understand your question. You're among the people who had Bitcoins deposited before the hack occurred (the 620 BTC that were stolen). So you will be reimbursed in the first batch like the rest of people in the same situation. This has nothing to do with what I described above (few people that deposited bitcoins AFTER the hack).

@eiskalt, becoin: We can sit here all day and bark at each other or waste time explaining to police what Bitcoin is, or you can let me do my stuff to repair the damage that was done. What sounds more reasonable? Which option will end up with reimbursing the users? It's true that there are many people that probably work harder than me. But it's also true that there are many people who did more damage and don't give a damn about it. I do, and I'm doing what I can to sort this out.

Update: If you get a certificate warning when visiting Bitmarket.eu don't worry, everything is fine. Our  certificate provider - GlobeSSL - did not register our renewal request, even though the certificate was paid for.

On related note, because of these issues, we don't recommend this company if you're looking for SSL cert.

Update 2: New certificate installed, warnings should disappear now.
March 28, 2013, 09:50:13 AM
we all know it was a wrongdoing to use the coins in any other way than to just "keep them protected" on the site.

However, we now have a good plan to reopen the website and we will try our best to give maciej a chance to pay back his wrongdoings, i think that is a FAR better solution than any court case for all of us
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Energy is Wealth
March 28, 2013, 09:43:52 AM
I cant believe this is still ongoing.
One of the first things which would need to be whacked on the bench in court are the "Terms and Conditions" for using the side. Now let me guess nobody can produce them which means m4v3r can show any piece of paper he likes to show the terms and conditions. If the small print on the original side anywhere mentions something like "use at one risk" or "i agree that my bitcoins get used, up-used bend over backwards....."  or "every two years all coins be collected as payment for the entertainment provided..... " or any other bullsh*t story he likes to think up. Point is with empty hands its hard to win any legal argument.
If nothing else it was certainly a steep learning curve for all.

I almost get the impression that this is some decoy to waste some resources and manpower to get the focus away from the "legal" robbery which takes 40 years of hard work from pensioners savings.
March 28, 2013, 05:18:55 AM
he is not officially in any bankrupt status as far as I know
legendary
Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233
March 28, 2013, 05:17:13 AM
Also in the LEGAL sense he is NOT bankrupt, as he got the consent of his community to pay back his debts over time.
This is ridiculous!
March 28, 2013, 05:12:32 AM
This is ridiculous.

He misused user funds for sure, but he did not STEAL them and did not lose them intentionally.

He did not run a business, as he never intended to make any profit with the site. He just provided a FREE private forum where users could exchange bitcoins peer 2 peer, he was not even involved in any money transactions at all. It was his hobby, a good contribution for the community (in the past) and for that it was a pretty good site, until this tragic loss of user funds happened for which he now undertakes every effort possible to recover the losses it caused for some users.

Also in the LEGAL sense he is NOT bankrupt, as he got the consent of his community to pay back his debts over time. In case you have a provable claim against him and you do not agree to our plan(s), just send the claim to him and i am sure he will pay you out your 30 euros in FIAT when you make some preassure with a good lawyer ;-)

The main creditors like me, makhul etc. which have LOT OF frozen coins do not demand any money back at this point in time. We prefer to use this opportunity to form a skilled team to open a new and better service within a proper company framework
Activity: 336
March 28, 2013, 04:54:52 AM
We should not forget, that when talking about bitmarket.eu and m4v3r in person, we are still also talking about the following acts, which can be considered criminal:

-misuse of user`s funds
-theft
-running a business without registering
-delaying bankruptcy/insolvency

Two days ago eurid.eu disclosed the requested address to me. So someone may prepare to answer some questions at his local police station quite soon.

@m4v3r: Constantly refering to how hard you work, does not bring you back any credibility, because millions of people also work hard (and even harder than you), without defrauding anybody.

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
March 28, 2013, 03:48:11 AM
1CHBhqws: There were few people that deposited money to the site AFTER the hack of feb 14th. Since I had their exact coins in wallet I gave them back to these people when they asked for it. Since this had nothing to do with hacked/on hold coins I didn't feel that it was necessary to communicate that. Sorry if I caused some confusion by this.

i had exactly 2.008 btc then (id: pagezo)

Balance before 21.12.2012: 0 BTC

Balance after 21.12.2012: 2.008 BTC

Total balance: 2.008 BTC

and now ?
March 28, 2013, 03:18:40 AM
1CHBhqws: There were few people that deposited money to the site AFTER the hack of feb 14th. Since I had their exact coins in wallet I gave them back to these people when they asked for it. Since this had nothing to do with hacked/on hold coins I didn't feel that it was necessary to communicate that. Sorry if I caused some confusion by this.
March 27, 2013, 07:51:43 PM
As already explained earlier in this thread, unfortunately it is NOT possible to put "frozen coins" as shares into the new company. This is not possible under the german Aktiengesetz and in our (public) meeting in Helsinki we decided to separate the new enterprise completely from the old debts.

However, we would pay Maciej a decend salary so he can pay back his debts as quickly as possible. Have now have acquired a good starting capital and a highly motivated team and we will try our best to make the new site successful.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
March 27, 2013, 07:43:41 PM
I have a question .. i have voted for having my shares on the new website ... but it was announced already and you didnt contact me yet ... will i still have shares of the new website or should i withraw the money i have left on older site?
Activity: 11
March 27, 2013, 06:12:43 PM
That's exactly the case. These were "leftovers" from the hack.
The current balance on the site is 54 BTC, and user account balances is exactly 659.13716811 BTC. So there's about 600 BTC missing...
... so if 22 BTC was transferred somewhere safer in the transaction I linked in my last post, where are the other 32?

Why not sweep ALL the remaining coins in the wallet rather than just taking 22 BTC out and leaving at least 0.01 of change (and any other unspent coins still in the wallet)?

Looking a little further I see that the bitmarket.eu wallet had another 29.8 bitcoins taken out of it on 1 March, which unless I missed something was 2 weeks after the last disclosed loss:
https://blockchain.info/tx/a84ae93f7317a69f6916863f831c5a9e6ee00a0ef91fd3b219dbff0069b12f9e
(the "change" from this transaction was spent in the transaction I linked above).

I don't see any mention of something that would have resulted in a legitimate transaction at that time.

Was THAT a further theft? Is there something else you've been trying to hide, or hoped nobody would notice?
March 27, 2013, 03:35:22 AM
Hopefully this was just the admin moving them somewhere safer in order to distribute equitably amongst all debtors...?

That's exactly the case. These were "leftovers" from the hack.
Activity: 11
March 26, 2013, 07:17:32 PM
I note that in the meantime, further bitcoins appear to have been "stolen" ... this transaction from just 4 days ago spends 22BTC, of which at least part I can confirm belonged to addresses within the bitmarket.eu wallet:
https://blockchain.info/tx/ead9566d9be7cdee9eaede4b104375550ea4bd0fb82527a81aca697843997e04

Hopefully this was just the admin moving them somewhere safer in order to distribute equitably amongst all debtors...?
Pages:
Jump to: