Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitminter bitcoin mining pool - shutdown mining 2020-07-01 website 2021-06-01 - page 89. (Read 324654 times)

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034
Needs more jiggawatts
Looks like the thread switch is well received. Smiley

Doc, I suggest grab a few spots high up for myth-busting and general info for noobs.

First two posts should do it. I can put in some info later as needed.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I can see clearly now lorraine has gone... Grin
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
Ah, sanity prevails. Thanks DrH!
Activity: 240
Merit: 250
Nice cleanup.

SgtMoth, that avatar is tooooo distracting !!!

Doc, I suggest grab a few spots high up for myth-busting and general info for noobs.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1004
buy silver!
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
http://leaserig.net/index.jsp?rfid=6679
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
Welcome to the new Bitminter thread.

Note that this is a self-moderated thread. Treat others with respect and do not post lies, scams, spam or misinformation.
legendary
Needs more jiggawatts
Bitminter shutdown notice

The Bitminter mining pool will shut down mining activities on 2020-07-01. The website will stay up until 2021-06-01 so you can cash out any crypto currency on your account.

It is unfortunate to have to shut down after 9 years of mining. However, to keep going would not be fair to the few miners we have left in the pool. The efforts of miners who have tried to keep the pool going is greatly appreciated. But the pool has shrunk so much that we might never find another block. Attempts to bring big miners onboard did not work out.

A big thank you to everyone who mined with Bitminter over the years. This has been a grand adventure.

The original purpose of Bitminter was to make mining accessible to those who found other mining software difficult to operate. For many of our users mining in this pool was their first experience with bitcoin. I hope you enjoyed it and that you are still part of the bitcoin community.

Hopefully Bitminter was a useful service for you.

Best of luck for the future.

Below is the original message that was posted here:

Mint new bitcoins at the Bitminter mining pool!

Why you want to join us:
  • A brand you can trust, serving your mining needs since 2011
  • Over 440 000 total users since launch
  • Merged mining - free namecoins with your bitcoins, without slowing your bitcoin mining
  • We pay income from transaction fees in addition to the freshly minted coins
  • 99% of mining income paid out
  • Under continuous development and improvement

Joining us takes seconds:
  • 1. Choose a user name to sign up at https://bitminter.com/signup
  • 2. Point your miner to mint.bitminter.com:3333 with your user name and a dummy (x or 123) password
  • 3. Profit
Pages:
Jump to: