Pages:
Author

Topic: BitShop - cryptocurrency shopping cart script [PHP/MYSQL] (v1.1.2) - page 32. (Read 74795 times)

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
Also, if this a one and done import to blockchain or something that needs to be done everytime a seller wants to collec funds ?
Every new transaction will create with it a new private key to hold the funds of that transaction, so you can't just do it once.
So for every litteral transaction, the previously stated steps need to be done ? There's no way to batch it ? Seems kinda suckish if someone does 20 transactions in one day and has to do all those steps for each and every one.
You don't need to follow those steps for every transaction. The steps I described allow you to export all your private keys at once. It is a batch export in a sense, but once new keys get added to your database then you will need export those new keys (which can be done as batch also). The reason for having a new address for every transaction is because it's recommended practice in order to provide increased anonymity to buyers, and also because of the way transactions are processed, it requires each new address to start off with an empty balance. If it used just a single address then it would be very hard to separate the transactions and work out who paid what without having the bitcoind server installed.
Ahh, makes my mind sit at ease now heh.
legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000
electronic [r]evolution
Also, if this a one and done import to blockchain or something that needs to be done everytime a seller wants to collec funds ?
Every new transaction will create with it a new private key to hold the funds of that transaction, so you can't just do it once.
So for every litteral transaction, the previously stated steps need to be done ? There's no way to batch it ? Seems kinda suckish if someone does 20 transactions in one day and has to do all those steps for each and every one.
You don't need to follow those steps for every transaction. The steps I described allow you to export all your private keys at once. It is a batch export in a sense, but once new keys get added to your database then you will need export those new keys (which can be done as batch also). The reason for having a new address for every transaction is because it's recommended practice in order to provide increased anonymity to buyers, and also because of the way transactions are processed, it requires each new address to start off with an empty balance. If it used just a single address then it would be very hard to separate the transactions and work out who paid what without having the bitcoind server installed.
legendary
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
legendary
For importing your keys into blockchain.info wallet:

1. Login to admin area
2. Got to Orders
3. Select MANAGE KEYS
4. Select EXPORT KEYS
5. Input private RSA key when prompted
6. Scroll down and copy text from "Blockchain.info Format" box
7. Log into Blockchain.info wallet
8. Select "Import / Export" from top menu
9. Select "Import Wallet" from side menu
10. Paste text from step 6 into box and select "Import Wallet"
Might I sugest adding this to the main pot ?

legendary
electronic [r]evolution
For importing your keys into blockchain.info wallet:

1. Login to admin area
2. Got to Orders
3. Select MANAGE KEYS
4. Select EXPORT KEYS
5. Input private RSA key when prompted
6. Scroll down and copy text from "Blockchain.info Format" box
7. Log into Blockchain.info wallet
8. Select "Import / Export" from top menu
9. Select "Import Wallet" from side menu
10. Paste text from step 6 into box and select "Import Wallet"
legendary
But where do I receive the money? I downloaded the private key, where/in which wallet can I import this key?
It's simple. After decoding (using your earlier generated private RSA key) the private BTC key, you can import it to your wallet. If you're using the official one bitcoin client, there's command "importprivkey KEY", or if you're using the blockchain.info wallet, go to Import / Export area, then paste your decoded private key. Hope that helps.
Instead of stating something bland, how about something like...

Step 1: Do this
Step 2: Do that
Step 3: voila you have your money.

Edit: I use the blok chain site, so I would have no ideal how to even beging to get funds from sales, just like a lot of other users.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
Monero Evangelist
How do I decode?
Activity: 734
Merit: 507
But where do I receive the money? I downloaded the private key, where/in which wallet can I import this key?
It's simple. After decoding (using your earlier generated private RSA key) the private BTC key, you can import it to your wallet. If you're using the official one bitcoin client, there's command "importprivkey KEY", or if you're using the blockchain.info wallet, go to Import / Export area, then paste your decoded private key. Hope that helps.
legendary
Monero Evangelist
Great. Another question, I setup my whole shop, all works now. I did some small test purchases, they worked, payment gateway confirmed, that the funds where received.

legendary
electronic [r]evolution
Ok, I think I have a good plan for how I can add Tor support without compromising the security of regular clients. Before making the transaction the buyer will have an option to select whether or not they are using Tor or any other service which will cause their IP address to constantly change, and they will be warned of the security implications if they choose that option (that it makes session hijacking attacks possible unless the website is secured with an SSL certificate).
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
Hey bitfreak! When someone order one thing, then send BTC, then close the window without confirmation (it's common case), the order won't be send to buyer. In the admin panel there's option to confirm that payment. After that the e-mail should be sent to buyer, but it isn't. I mean it should be sent to buyer's e-mail, then change 'Processing' status to 'Completed'. Could you improve it? Thank you.
Yes I'll try to add that fix to a future release. What I really want to do is create a way for the user to continue the transaction if they come back to the shop website (they should get a notice saying they haven't finished their transaction properly). The problem with that idea though is I need to use cookies, and that re-opens the door for session hijacking attacks once again. But if I want to support Tor users I don't really think there is any way to protect against session hijacking apart from the site having an SSL certificate to protect the transmission of cookies.
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
Bitfreak, I understand pretty much everything on the install.txt file you gave in the release but I have no idea how to use the mysql_db.txt you described, could you give clearer instructions on that? Normally I'm used to PHP stuff being needed on the Cpanel which I've already set up but I'm not sure what to do here.
steamgames pretty much explained what you need to do. You need to create a new database and then use the mysql_db.txt to create the new tables. Watch the installation video (link in the client file area) if you still cannot figure it out.
Activity: 734
Merit: 507
Hey bitfreak! When someone order one thing, then send BTC, then close the window without confirmation (it's common case), the order won't be send to buyer. In the admin panel there's option to confirm that payment. After that the e-mail should be sent to buyer, but it isn't. I mean it should be sent to buyer's e-mail, then change 'Processing' status to 'Completed'. Could you improve it? Thank you.

EDIT:
Bitfreak, I understand pretty much everything on the install.txt file you gave in the release but I have no idea how to use the mysql_db.txt you described, could you give clearer instructions on that? Normally I'm used to PHP stuff being needed on the Cpanel which I've already set up but I'm not sure what to do here.

Let me help you. If you're using cPanel it's very simple. Login into panel, then find the MySQL® Database Wizard. Click on it. Then create the database, user (define the password), assign previleges (click 'ALL PRIVILEGES'). After that edit the /inc/config.inc.php - these lines:
Code:
$settings['db_server'] = 'localhost'; // database server
$settings['db_database'] = 'CHANGE_IT_to_database_you_ve_defined_on_cpanel_mysql_wizard'; // database name
$settings['db_username'] = 'CHANGE_IT_to_username_you_ve_defined_on_cpanel_mysql_wizard'; // database username
$settings['db_password'] = 'CHANGE_IT_to_password_you_ve_defined_on_cpanel_mysql_wizard'; // database password

Then find the phpMyAdmin option in cPanel (next to MySQL wizard) and click on it. On the left click on the earlier created database. Find the Import option on menu (on top of page) and import the mysql_db.txt file. That's all.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
legendary
Monero Evangelist
Bitfreak you must add to the documentation that the packages "libfreetype6, libfreetype6-dev and php5-gd" are requiered for generating the captcha.
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
If the user wants to change anything in the header section they can do it themselves like you have done. And if I add an option in the config file to change between the 24 hour weighted average and last close price it should help clear up confusion (for the admin at least).
legendary
I think it looks cleaner without the currency symbol in the top part, and it takes up too much space to put the '24hr W.Avg' part in there. So I will probably leave it how it is. But in the next release I will probably add a new option to the config file which lets people change between the the 24 weighted average or the last close price without having to go through and change all the places where $btc_stats['avg'] is used.
That's your call but with the w.avg option it migh help clear up confusion on that figure. As for omitting the currency symbol, each to their own but I feel it helps with it being there (the currency sumbol).

Actually, if were talking options, why not add one that lets a user choose to show or hide it, what would it be, like 6 lines of code ?
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
I think it looks cleaner without the currency symbol in the top part, and it takes up too much space to put the '24hr W.Avg' part in there. So I will probably leave it how it is. But in the next release I will probably add a new option to the config file which lets people change between the the 24 weighted average or the last close price without having to go through and change all the places where $btc_stats['avg'] is used.
legendary
Well that sucks, BTC-e removed from bitcoin charts USD

I had BitShop set to read the BTC-e USD price and now it doesn't work. Had to change it back to Mt. Gox USD.

Just a note for anyone who may be experiencing the same problem.
That sucks, and while I'm at it... did you catch my would you consider in the next updae reply ?

Finally heh... I know this might seem trivial, but in the next update. Might you consider ormatting like I have done ?

1 BTC = $984.46 USD (24hr W.Avg)

Except in the case of the dollar sign, this could be the denomination set by the user in the one confi file. Then there's the adiion of the (24hr W.Avg)

As you saw, I hadd some confusion about why that figure was off as wwell as some others until you told me it's the weighed average figure.
Pages:
Jump to: