Pages:
Author

Topic: BITSTAMP eXchange wall Observer. second biggest and best exchange - page 19. (Read 89287 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
972 yuan is 160 USD... Bitstamp is falling behind... wonder what's up.
Baidu for one...
https://www.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ:BIDU

If other stocks do what theirs did after announcing that they take bitcoin (even if only marginally) this could be an interesting year...
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
972 yuan is 160 USD... Bitstamp is falling behind... wonder what's up.
legendary
Gresham's Lawyer
So market cap is @ $3.2B as there are 21M BTC.
Not yet, there aren't.

Of course there are. They just aren't assigned to anyone yet and cannot be transacted. It's a certainty that they will be though. Everyone not agreeing there are 21M BTC is retarded in my humble opinion.

There have been made blocks without a full block reward. Bitcoin will never reach 21M BTC.

It's a hell of a lot closer to 21M than to 11.8M.

You might think of it that way... The stock analogy would be a float of 11.8M of almost 21M total shares outstanding.  I suspect that many would argue the matter.  Whether the coins exist as unassigned or not might be something for the philosophers.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
Not yet, there aren't.

Of course there are. They just aren't assigned to anyone yet and cannot be transacted. It's a certainty that they will be though. Everyone not agreeing there are 21M BTC is retarded in my humble opinion.

There have been made blocks without a full block reward. Bitcoin will never reach 21M BTC.

It's a hell of a lot closer to 21M than to 11.8M.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Not yet, there aren't.

I sort of think this way as well. It's one of those areas where Bitcoin is new and we are using outdated concepts to describe it. For conventional currencies, there is a real difference between the amount of bills in circulation today and the unknown future amount due to the actions of the printing press. In Bitcoin, the total money supply is completely known... if anything, it's smaller than we think it is due to permanently lost coins. There is SOME kind of distinction between the amount already mined and the total amount, but I don't think it's as consequential as with traditional currencies.
legendary
Activity: 1193
Merit: 1003
9.9.2012: I predict that single digits... <- FAIL
Not yet, there aren't.

legendary
Not yet, there aren't.

Activity: 826
°^°
if the next bubble will be as exponential like the last one it will be 4digit'ish
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
Not yet, there aren't.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1168
This graph is looking pretty sexy:

Cool
legendary
Activity: 896
I don't like how the wall at 155 is staring at me. Can someone deal with it? Grin

Maybe tomorrow.
legendary
Gresham's Lawyer
I don't like how the wall at 155 is staring at me. Can someone deal with it? Grin

Battering ram to the fore, miners dig under, catapults to the ready...  CHARGE THE BATTLEMENTS!!!
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Guy who dumped @144 3500 BTC is probably not too happy now..

For some reason i don't feel sorry for him. Maybe it 's because of the 500.000$ in his bank account.  Embarrassed
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
Now, can someone remove that wall at 149.80 and 150.00?  Grin

Sure thing boss!

Thank you. 154.49 out 151.80 back in. 159.98, here we come.
Activity: 272
Merit: 250
I am enjoying today, that wall burst and the price has soared Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1168
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
Pages:
Jump to: