Pages:
Author

Topic: BITSTAMP eXchange wall Observer. second biggest and best exchange - page 16. (Read 89287 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
Are we to assume at this point, that the reason Bitstamp and Btc-e are lagging can be contributed to the fact that a lot of the miners are/were based in the U.S. and it is just not viable to cash out on MtGox?

I know the assumption has been that Mtgox is higher because there is no incentive to sell, since you can't withdraw from the U.S. However, could it also be that if I want to liquidate some of my BTC assets, its just a 1000x easier on Bitstamp or Btc-e?

I mean at this point, we have to assume that someone in Japan is arbitraging Bitstamp (Btc-e fees make it less attractive). Which means there has to be a lot of consistent selling pressure.  Bitstamp is so easy to get money in and out of with relatively low fees, I have to assume these liquidators (perhaps black market as well) are damping the price action on this exchange.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
bitstamp will break 200 today?
gonna need some pretty big buys and lot of movement on other exchanges to see that, i think. maybe though.  Cheesy
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
bitstamp will break 200 today?
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
ahh ok I see.

derpinheimer; Where do you see bids at 2.1mill? Im looking at bitstamp.net orderbook.

Are you looking at a different site?

/confused. Sorry Im kinda a newbie at this.

Here:

http://trading.i286.org/bitstamp

If you take the /bistamp off of the end its MtGox; those are the only two exchanges that site supports.
Activity: 256
Merit: 100
Also is the general consensus that the price at stamp will go up from here or down slightly(before moving up again?)

I guess cuz China woke up, its more likely to go up yea?

ahh ok I see.

derpinheimer; Where do you see bids at 2.1mill? Im looking at bitstamp.net orderbook.

Are you looking at a different site?

/confused. Sorry Im kinda a newbie at this.
legendary
Bids volume is at 2k right now vs ask volume still at 6k. Does this mean the price 'should' go down?

Thoughts?

What does that mean?

I see bids as 2.1m [actually down a bit, from 2.5m], and asks at 15k [mostly stable around here]

however 400k in bids can come and go at any minute.. so, basically.. the orderbook is unchanged [although extremely unhealthy]
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
How do I cancel an open order on bitstamp? I put in an open order to buy at a very low price for fun. Now I cant figure out how to fix it Sad

It will be way down at the bottom of the order book. You'll notice your order is highlighter with a small green box. Click on it to cancel.
Bids volume is at 2k right now vs ask volume still at 6k. Does this mean the price 'should' go down?

Thoughts?
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Both Bitstamp bids and asks are falling again, there's falling volume, and also a wedge. Looks like there's going to be a big price movement coming in the very near future.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
On Gox yes, but IMO China got so high too fast and with high volume. The higher the volume, the shorter time the EW sub-sub-waves take.
I don't know what happens if one exchange is ready to start capitulation and others not (they have more time left).
On Gox there should be time for another bump up, but to me it looks like China has run out of steam.
It may go up again for one more time, and if resistance will be low it can reach a bit higher price, but that's all IMO. We'll see tomorrow.

will be interesting to see what happens when china wakes up tomorrow.

china is clearly leading this bull run.

Good call.  Very much yes, I suspect that the contagion will also spread there.  China is just getting started and they don't have the same investment options as many other regions so this will be especially attractive to them.  Consider their over-invested housing market in a demographic bubble that looks poised to lose population of 2-300M over the next generation and this bitcoin stuff is a dream come true for them.  Probably also fashionable.

Add in that the US feds can't crack open DPR's private stash and we will have the renminbi tide coming in.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074
On Gox yes, but IMO China got so high too fast and with high volume. The higher the volume, the shorter time the EW sub-sub-waves take.
I don't know what happens if one exchange is ready to start capitulation and others not (they have more time left).
On Gox there should be time for another bump up, but to me it looks like China has run out of steam.
It may go up again for one more time, and if resistance will be low it can reach a bit higher price, but that's all IMO. We'll see tomorrow.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
Correction will come, I have no doubt about it. But not yet. We still have quite a bit of air, I'd say.
legendary
oda.krell, keep a close eye on the market indicators. While a small bump up is still possible IMO,
if we are to enter capitulation (I mean start it, not end) things can get ugly quickly.
To me the Chinese market looks like a re-enactment of the April 10th peak and crash.

Give up, you've been crying for 3 weeks now. Either take your losses or shut up. You won't be right much like proudhon after 1000 wrong predictions and then finally a drop.

Quoted for future reference. And please DON'T listen to my advice.
legendary
oda.krell, keep a close eye on the market indicators. While a small bump up is still possible IMO,
if we are to enter capitulation (I mean start it, not end) things can get ugly quickly.
To me the Chinese market looks like a re-enactment of the April 10th peak and crash.

Give up, you've been crying for 3 weeks now. Either take your losses or shut up. You won't be right much like proudhon after 1000 wrong predictions and then finally a drop.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
Hey guys,

I know this question probably belongs elsewhere, but does the Internet Credit Union accept wire transfers from Bitstamp? I want to sell on Bitstamp but I don't actually know where the USD can be sent to after that (in the US).

I have no idea. I know that wiring *to* exchanges can be a problem, but getting money *from* an exchange? Why would a bank refuse an incoming wire? The worst I would expect is some tax audit/other questioning if you don't declare it properly....
FNG
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Looks like it wants to make a run at the high
legendary
Activity: 1008
Hey guys,

I know this question probably belongs elsewhere, but does the Internet Credit Union accept wire transfers from Bitstamp? I want to sell on Bitstamp but I don't actually know where the USD can be sent to after that (in the US).
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
How do I cancel an open order on bitstamp? I put in an open order to buy at a very low price for fun. Now I cant figure out how to fix it Sad

account -> open orders

THanks just found it now on my laptop. Couldnt find it before on the iphone. grr

No problem, I had to google it the first time when I used the exchange Cheesy  (they should have an more obvious way to cancel.

Btw, if u check the orderbook at your sum you can click it to cancel it there also (u'll see a small green triangle in the bottom left corner of the orderbook entry)
Pages:
Jump to: