Pages:
Author

Topic: BITSTAMP eXchange wall Observer. second biggest and best exchange - page 15. (Read 89287 times)

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
1k off 200 wall.

edit: anyone see that 62k wall at 199.97?

lolwut?

Lol, no answer? TROLL! Had my hopes up  Cheesy
legendary
wtf is happening?

The order book is going crazy, highest bid is at 209, lowest ask at 198 Huh

I think bitstamp trade matching system is a bit funky. Im fairly certain this means somerone put in a limit order to $209; and another sold to $198. However they both got met at much close prices... like $200 for the buy and $199 for the sell.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
200 gently touched

No, 200 just went down hard.

And 201 and 202. Major buying at these levels.
Activity: 924
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
wtf is happening?

The order book is going crazy, highest bid is at 209, lowest ask at 198 Huh
Activity: 354
Merit: 251
coinorama.net
200 gently touched
legendary
1k off 200 wall.

lolwut?
legendary
Activity: 1428
1k off 200 wall.

Nope, a nightmare maybe  Huh
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
1k off 200 wall.

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
legendary
Activity: 840
Hull breach imminent...
Yes, it feels like 200 it about to be smashed.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Maybe every who was bidding panic bought to move the coins to btcchina and dump there.

Yes, IMO these last days Chinese traders bought on other markets, especially Bitstamp, and sold in China.

A think this can't be really true. Although possible, but even if, few individuals not a lot of Chinese traders.

There was lots of opportunity. If I was in china and could easily do the arb, it would make sense to do it in a huge chunk so as to minimize wire fees.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Hull breach imminent...
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1003
WePower.red
Maybe every who was bidding panic bought to move the coins to btcchina and dump there.

Yes, IMO these last days Chinese traders bought on other markets, especially Bitstamp, and sold in China.

A think this can't be really true. Although possible, but even if, few individuals not a lot of Chinese traders.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

That would explain the decreased gap between Bitstamp and Gox, besides the buying pressure that drove the price so high.
What worries me is if China crashes very hard (I don't know, but it's possible), some of those coins may be withdrawn and
sold on other markets, which could complicate the price formation and EW shapes. I hope they keep those coins in China.
legendary
WePower.red
You wouldn't be able to arbitrage a million per week through stamp and china as the price difference would be gone (not enough depth).
You also risk price increase in the meantime of waiting for withdrawals.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
Yesterday we saw few larger market dumps after some time again. Now look at the bids, funny. Are stamp and bitfinex buyers out of money?

Investors in Japan must be idiots. If they can withdraw out of MtGox there is no reason they shouldn't be cashing in on Bitstamp. As I mentioned in a post a couple of days ago, someone could easily clear 40% profit MONTHLY on their investment, just be churning the arbitrage once a week.

At a measly A$100k thats $40K a month in profit. At a million, you can do that math.

Its inexplicable given that potential, that people are not arbitraging.
legendary
WePower.red
Yesterday we saw few larger market dumps after some time again. Now look at the bids, funny. Are stamp and bitfinex buyers out of money?
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
what's keeping campBX from raising?

And btc-e? Bitfury?
Pages:
Jump to: