Pages:
Author

Topic: BITSTAMP eXchange wall Observer. second biggest and best exchange - page 18. (Read 89287 times)

Activity: 67
Merit: 0
Let it  rise to 175$   Wink
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
Stamp is an absolute madhouse of back and forth market orders right now:

I really need to port my bot over to work on stamp as well as gox.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019
We're so used to the behavior of our price-finding mechanisms now
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
It'll stabilise. I think 171.50 can be reached, but everyone is starting to get rather nervous...
legendary
Activity: 1168
Merit: 1000
Stamp is an absolute madhouse of back and forth market orders right now:

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
972 yuan is 160 USD... Bitstamp is falling behind... wonder what's up.
Baidu for one...
https://www.google.com/finance?q=NASDAQ:BIDU

If other stocks do what theirs did after announcing that they take bitcoin (even if only marginally) this could be an interesting year...

That's interesting, but has little to do with Bitcoin, and has a lot to do with http://www.4-traders.com/BAIDU-INC-ADR-8563/news/Baidu-Inc-ADR--Qunar-Expects-111-Million-ADS-IPO-at-950-1150-Each-17376378/.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Baidu for one...

If other stocks do what theirs did after announcing that they take bitcoin (even if only marginally) this could be an interesting year...

Interesting!!!

stock of german fidor bank rose 30% after they announced deal with bitcoin.de marketplace a while ago.

It seems everything bitcoin touches turns to gold Wink
legendary
Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007
Oh yeah, lets dance people

legendary
What wall? Cheesy

That wall was high and scary, but someone ate it in one go, placing a buy order at 174!
Activity: 272
Merit: 250
legendary
I wake up to see we are up to 160 wall (begone!) and my 159.98 sold out. Time to jump back into fray. Smiley

EDIT: Someone's eating that wall!!!
legendary
Activity: 1036
wachtwoord,

21 million BTC will happen over time, but time=money, or more accurately there's a time value for money, so people discount the effect of those bitcoins coming onto the market the farther out in time that that occurs. It's certainly fair to say the price is lower than it would be if people believed coin issuance would stop cold tomorrow, but not as low as it would be if they believed all remaining bitcoins would be coming on to the market within the next few weeks/months/years. And the price would be way lower if it were weeks or months, and still quite a bit lower if it were years.

The point is, how long it will be until the bitcoins are released onto the market matters.

As for Ripple, yeah - to hell with XRP. It is tempting to call it a scam, but they have that base covered by their marketing so I prefer the term "ploy." Hitching XRP to Ripple was a deceptive ploy to make a pre-mined altcoin look legit. The people who did this wanted other things as well, but that ploy was their way of trying to secure a golden ticket, even at the risk of destroying the actual functionality of the system. Profit first, then maybe they'll worry about whether the actual product works. Shady as hell and not a promising attitude for developers to have at all. Certainly not something that people will be excited to support. Certainly not something that will prompt people to say, "I'm so inspired by you." At least they reacted to pressure and open-sourced it, but I don't know if that counts given they have it completely centralized and control XRP issuance with an iron fist that would make the Fed jealous.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
Google ventures invested about 200K or so, reportedly.  I wish them well with it.  It is not clear to me that it is a scam, but I haven't been able to do much with it yet either.
If it eventually does what it promises, and makes trade simpler, where I can manage my silver/gold->minting->payment>silver/gold cycle in a better way, than I will be eager to see that happen.  So far, Bitcoin is doing what I need it to do, and also promises much more.
What is surprising is that even with this crypto currency investment, they haven't managed to accept payment yet.

Advertising and content delivery are the killer apps for crypto.  Micropayment anyone?
Maybe I should have accepted the job when they wanted me.  I could have fixed them a bit Wink

The original trusts system of Ripple was (is) interesting. Then they added centrally created XRPs with tradeable value to try and get rich (and succeeded). THAT is what makes it a scam. The more people invest in it the more likely it will stick around, which nauseates me. I prefer fiat currencies over Ripple and that is saying something.

We're off the wall... but I don't see why XRP have tradable value, other than to join the network.  It is like buying the ability to trade using the system, but why wouldn't your trading partners give the XRP needed to connect if they want to do business.
I don't see where Ripple hopes to make any money except maybe through the analytics?

The XRPs have enormous market value at the moment and the original makers can sell whatever they like and are making (have made) a killing. The whole concept of XRPs is solely included to make them rich. I don't understand why anyone would use Ripple.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Gresham's Lawyer
Google ventures invested about 200K or so, reportedly.  I wish them well with it.  It is not clear to me that it is a scam, but I haven't been able to do much with it yet either.
If it eventually does what it promises, and makes trade simpler, where I can manage my silver/gold->minting->payment>silver/gold cycle in a better way, than I will be eager to see that happen.  So far, Bitcoin is doing what I need it to do, and also promises much more.
What is surprising is that even with this crypto currency investment, they haven't managed to accept payment yet.

Advertising and content delivery are the killer apps for crypto.  Micropayment anyone?
Maybe I should have accepted the job when they wanted me.  I could have fixed them a bit Wink

The original trusts system of Ripple was (is) interesting. Then they added centrally created XRPs with tradeable value to try and get rich (and succeeded). THAT is what makes it a scam. The more people invest in it the more likely it will stick around, which nauseates me. I prefer fiat currencies over Ripple and that is saying something.

We're off the wall... but I don't see why XRP have tradable value, other than to join the network.  It is like buying the ability to trade using the system, but why wouldn't your trading partners give the XRP needed to connect if they want to do business.
I don't see where Ripple hopes to make any money except maybe through the analytics?
legendary
Baidu for one...

Interesting!!!

I'd bought some baidu when google was pulling out of china.
Its been profitable.
And now they've beat google to bitcoin, while google is already working on Ripple...times are weird.

WTF did Google go for Ripple? I just let out a big sigh. I hope the scam that is Ripple won't spread too far ...

legendary
Gresham's Lawyer
Baidu for one...

Interesting!!!

Its been profitable.
And now they've beat google to bitcoin, while google is already working on Ripple...times are weird.

WTF did Google go for Ripple? I just let out a big sigh. I hope the scam that is Ripple won't spread too far ...

legendary
Baidu for one...

Interesting!!!

Its been profitable.

legendary
Gresham's Lawyer
Baidu for one...

Interesting!!!

Its been profitable.
FNG
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Not anymore..

well not by as much
legendary
Activity: 1008
Baidu for one...

Interesting!!!
Pages:
Jump to: