Pages:
Author

Topic: BITSTAMP eXchange wall Observer. second biggest and best exchange - page 4. (Read 89285 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
What about the often touted saying that once Bitcoins have a higher price the market would act more mature?
Is it bullshit?

maybe for a muuuuuuch higher price...

or even muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch higher.
I might even run out of uuuuuus.

no probably not.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
What about the often touted saying that once Bitcoins have a higher price the market would act more mature?
Is it bullshit?

maybe for a muuuuuuch higher price...
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP

just saying when it gets into these larger numbers 9% is a bigger deal than when it was $12.00 per bitcoin.

No it's not. It's the exact same thing.

Next thing you're going to panic that 21M BTC cannot possibly be enough for everyone? Wink

Is it bullshit?
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001
RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME
There is currently an insane disconnect between the price at Bitstamp and Mtgox. For most of the day the price different has been around $30, now it's about $7. A bunch of huge, completely irrational buys from some very unusual folks putting in big orders at a massively inflated price.

The buy difference at this point I think just represents more the fact that stamp follows gox so there is an apprehension about making a move before gox does it.
Activity: 160
Merit: 100
Wall @ 330 USD - will it dissapear by tomorrow morning ?
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
There is currently an insane disconnect between the price at Bitstamp and Mtgox. For most of the day the price different has been around $30, now it's about $7. A bunch of huge, completely irrational buys from some very unusual folks putting in big orders at a massively inflated price.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
No, 9% now is not the same as 9% two months ago. And I don't mean that as in its a larger number now; but the changes in the market needed for those moves is different.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

just saying when it gets into these larger numbers 9% is a bigger deal than when it was $12.00 per bitcoin.

No it's not. It's the exact same thing.

Next thing you're going to panic that 21M BTC cannot possibly be enough for everyone? Wink
Activity: 252
a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish
30$ + on bitstamp vs mt gox. sorry i mean mt gox is at least 30 bucks more than stamp now. usually its like ten bucks.
Hint: Think in percentage terms, not absolute dollar terms.

Mt Gox is about 9% higher than Bitstamp, which is normal compared to the last few months.

true but your 500 coins your selling at 325 vs 355 is about that percent but back to dollars you have 15,000 dollars. just saying when it gets into these larger numbers 9% is a bigger deal than when it was $12.00 per bitcoin.

but just yesterday they were about the same value. for the most part stamp still follows gox. so why the lower end buy walls. you have over 200 bitcoins to be bought under the 350 mark and gox is above that. if i was selling....im not.... i would not sell at 325 is all im saying if gox is 30 over that. even if its one coin. make your thirty bucks man.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
30$ + on bitstamp vs mt gox. sorry i mean mt gox is at least 30 bucks more than stamp now. usually its like ten bucks.
Hint: Think in percentage terms, not absolute dollar terms.

Mt Gox is about 9% higher than Bitstamp, which is normal compared to the last few months.
Activity: 252
a wolf in sheeps clothing. suckerfish

wonder why you would set your big buy wall so low?Huh when you could make 30 more dollars on each of your coins. taking big buy walls on stamp.

Activity: 894
Merit: 501
wow! SEPA transfer from UK bank took only 2 hours this morning!
legendary
Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014
Activity: 644
Big bid wall gone?

Looks like it, lets see if it reappears!

EDIT: And it's back and better than ever!
EDIT2: Bites taken but it's holding
EDIT3: And it's gone!
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Big bid wall gone?
Activity: 516
Merit: 283
~300 coins to 266
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
In a nutshell... yes. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Lead developer
We did it! ATH on BitStamp Smiley.

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
How long does Bitstamp usually need to do the verification?

1-2 business days

They verified me the same day I sent in the documents.

Yes, me too. But I want to allow them for 2 days if they are in a hurry Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: