Pages:
Author

Topic: BitSyncom, will all the chip orders ship together? - page 5. (Read 11502 times)

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
Refunding only means risk offloading to Yifu. Only because someone thinks he has to buy KNCMiner now Yifu couldnt do business this way when everyone jumps in and out how he likes.
The contract was clearly to deliver the chips in a certain time. Thats not even broken.

meeh, maybe I'm wrong, but lets make little math here.

"The no bullshit, no fine print terms of sale" (see point 5)

http://store.avalon-asics.com/?page_id=9605

so it means lead time 63-70 days from date, when order was placed

as far as I know, first zefir batch was ordered 16/4:

#9725    April 16, 2013    Chips ordered    ฿782.10 for 1 item

April: 14 to end of April
May: 31 whole May
June: 24 this moth

14+31+24 = 69 so zefir and guys from first batch of his preorder will receive chips tomorrow?.)
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
Refunding only means risk offloading to Yifu. Only because someone thinks he has to buy KNCMiner now Yifu couldnt do business this way when everyone jumps in and out how he likes.
The contract was clearly to deliver the chips in a certain time. Thats not even broken.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1002
Yifu, you have claimed now and again that you don't control that address. Why don't you be more transparent about your business and come forth with a better explanation. Who controls that address? Can you prove that you don't control that address? Why should we believe you when you say that you don't control that address?

How can I prove that I don't control that address?

Activity: 746
Merit: 502
Looking for advertising deal
when you take a quick look at yifu's post when they were developing batch #1, you notice he says:
"committed date" is the promised date of delivery, it is very unusual for TSMC to break their "committed date", so we expect our chips to ship on or before Jan 10th, 2013"
check it here:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1294431

What wonders me most is the fact that they were able to produce first 300 units priced at 1200$ in few months and somehow next few months they can not deliver batch #3 units, 600 pieces worth 10x much, they were priced TEN TIMES MORE plus they had already working technology, so what could possibly go bad?
Imo Yifu screwed us all over, he is just posing for nice guy.
And this full refund policy is just slap in the face.
They should make an announcement.

Bitsyncom is willing to thank you for founding our new facility, we are ready to announce that we have already mined so much with batch #2 customers that we don't even need to sell those overpriced units from batch #3 so we can give you FULL refund (cool huh?), we have finished our facility therefore we don't need this money from batch #3 no more. As for delays, you know how it goes, when it was batch #1 with limited ammount of monies and small orders of needed parts things went SMOOTH AND EASY, but you know how things are going, once you want to order more parts they treat you less serious and it's harder to make business (WTF!)
We have mined so much already with your units that we can give you full refund
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
If he wan't to be really fair with his customers he should offer PARTIAL refund, to the amount where those units should be break even in promised time.
You wait or you get your money back is simply unfair.
They have been handling almost 100 btc * 600 units for few months.
that is roughly 6 000 000 us dollars.
Now he claims that he can pay it back? so what!
Where are penalty intrest rates? what is this? I don't even...

Well, if they offered a PARTIAL refund that would be super nice. It would be great news for all of us that bought batch #3 units, and it would trigger a lot of cheering and praising to Avalon. But, I don't see how they are obliged to do that. A full refund is pretty fair and easier for them: you either wait for your unit or you get all your money back. At least they priced their unit in BTC and they will give a full BTC refund - we cannot say the same of that other company called BFL.
Activity: 746
Merit: 502
Looking for advertising deal
If he wan't to be really fair with his customers he should offer PARTIAL refund, to the amount where those units should be break even in promised time.
You wait or you get your money back is simply unfair.
They have been handling almost 100 btc * 600 units for few months.
that is roughly 6 000 000 us dollars.
Now he claims that he can pay it back? so what!
Where are penalty intrest rates? what is this? I don't even...
Activity: 75
Merit: 10

He just said that chip orders are placed every week.

Just because he said it, doesn't mean its true. Unless he shows some evidence, I don't believe him. Avalon is the last company I would ever invest in.

OK, then you took your decision, time to move on.

Stop worshipping him like a God. His company should be scrutinized for illegal practices.
legendary

Just because he said it, doesn't mean its true. Unless he shows some evidence, I don't believe him. Avalon is the last company I would ever invest in.

OK, then you took your decision, time to move on.

legendary
If I were to order 10,000 chips today, will they be shipped 2 months after the people who ordered on April 20th? Or 2 weeks? Or 2 days?

What I understand is, you are getting the chips made from the foundry in one giant order. And why wouldn't you? The bigger the order, the cheaper per chip you would have to pay.

Please answer this question. I am sure if there is not much difference between the shipment time, you will receive as many more orders as you have already received! I for sure will be ordering right away.

Thank you!

BitSyncom, Why are you not answering the above question? I think it is an important question, one that everyone who has purchased chips would like the answer to. We  (your chip buyers) have given you millions of US$ in BTC. Don't you think we deserve an answer (one that does not need some secret decoder ring)?

So no, they are not getting the chips "in one giant order". If you ordered on April, 16th, you get the chips at the beginning of July. If you order now, probably end of August, beginning of September.

@Vycid: I would never answer you about what I do with MY money. Funny thing about Bitcoin, anybody can scrutinize your financials. You could ask as many questions you want, but I would never tell you how many of my BTC I convert to fiat, when or how.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫
Yifu, you have claimed now and again that you don't control that address. Why don't you be more transparent about your business and come forth with a better explanation. Who controls that address? Can you prove that you don't control that address? Why should we believe you when you say that you don't control that address?

With respect, he doesn't need to answer these questions, all he needs to do is deliver chips.

But why would he not?

He's sorta busy... Answer one question and you get 50 more.

Then again, he answered mine.

With respect, he doesn't need to answer these questions, all he needs to do is deliver chips.

He doesn't need to. But why would he not? And you forgot to say "on time".  He has missed all his deadlines so far, and with the allegations of mining, he should be more forthcoming.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100

You can say that legitimate businesses would have a refund policy, but not having a refund policy is not illegal (as long as the promised goods are delivered), and it is clear that the money is needed to actually manufacture the goods, so a refund policy would not be practical regardless of how legitimate the business is.

I know its not illegal to not refund the money. Thats why I said "any legitimate business" and not "any business". Since his product is in high demand, he can always sell it again. His decision not to refund pre-orders makes me smell scam. That's all I am saying
If anyone doesn't like Bitsyncom's terms, it looks like contrary to their original messaging, they are allowing full refunds.
You just need to create a support ticket and put "REFUND" as the type of the ticket.

So far as I know... no one has taken them up on this offer even though some folks have been complaining about the shipment delays for months.

If you are feeling like you need to hedge... you can order the batch of chips and hope they arrive together.

If they don't arrive in your "window" of opportunity, submit a refund request.
Worst case, they either give back your BTC, or they escalate your order.... my guess would be the former.

I guess worst worst case is they don't ship your chips and they don't refund your BTC... but I don't think they could withstand the negative fallout of that option.
Just make sure to order from a wallet you control and can validate.

Has anyone ever requested and got back a refund from Avalon?

we opened refunding option for batch #3 order since it is quite delayed, batch 2 is shipping and should be finished shipping in the end of the month, then batch #3 is to start right after, we are not refunding chip orders since the coins gets sold and is used to pay for chip order at foundry, canceling is not really possible.

but essentially we put in order for chips every week, by early July the chips that were ordered when we opened orders should be out the door by then.

Yifu... that is provably untrue. Not a single coin paid into the wallet that received payment for chip orders (782.1 BTC per 10,000 chips) has been moved, let alone sold.

http://blockchain.info/address/1FGAftzSTztFSB8LMwsrdCKTyqGY6zr3sU?offset=0&filter=0

I want to give you the benefit of the doubt here, but the information suggests otherwise.

I addressed this awhile ago, who says that address is ours to begin with?

Yifu, you are plain bullshitting now. If you don't control this address then who does? I have set up a Wordpress + WooCommerce + Bitcoin ecommerce store for a friend. And I know exactly how it works. You enter an end address where all the Bitcoins go. The store generates a temporary address for every transaction and moves the BTC from that temp address to the end address. All the transactions in the above-mentioned transaction log depict this particular behavior. A transaction with BTC coming from multiple addresses into one temp address, and then another transaction moving all that money from that temp address to your address.

Please cook up a more legitimate story if you want to fool us.

If they wanted to fool us they could just move the coins around a whole bunch.

That's what I am saying, he is not doing a good job of fooling us. But he is definitely trying.

No, he is clearly not. People have been asking about those coins for over a month now (should have realized this myself) - he could simply have moved them around and said "we just sold them", and we would have had no evidence to the contrary. But he didn't, resulting in people like you crying foul.

This is the guy that got the first functional Bitcoin ASIC to market. You don't think he knows how to launder bitcoins?

Any legitimate business would refund "pre-orders". Actually, any legitimate business would even return stuff that has been shipped. All I am asking is why can't he refund a pre-order. It's not that he wont be able to sell those chips.

You can say that legitimate businesses would have a refund policy, but not having a refund policy is not illegal (as long as the promised goods are delivered), and it is clear that the money is needed to actually manufacture the goods, so a refund policy would not be practical regardless of how legitimate the business is.
If anyone doesn't like Bitsyncom's terms, it looks like contrary to their original messaging, they are allowing full refunds.
You just need to create a support ticket and put "REFUND" as the type of the ticket.

So far as I know... no one has taken them up on this offer even though some folks have been complaining about the shipment delays for months.

If you are feeling like you need to hedge... you can order the batch of chips and hope they arrive together.

Worst case, they either give back your BTC, or they escalate your order.... my guess would be the former.

I guess worst worst case is they don't ship your chips and they don't refund your BTC... but I don't think they could withstand the negative fallout of that option.

we opened refunding option for batch #3 order since it is quite delayed, batch 2 is shipping and should be finished shipping in the end of the month, then batch #3 is to start right after, we are not refunding chip orders since the coins gets sold and is used to pay for chip order at foundry, canceling is not really possible.

but essentially we put in order for chips every week, by early July the chips that were ordered when we opened orders should be out the door by then.

Yifu... that is provably untrue. Not a single coin paid into the wallet that received payment for chip orders (782.1 BTC per 10,000 chips) has been moved, let alone sold.

http://blockchain.info/address/1FGAftzSTztFSB8LMwsrdCKTyqGY6zr3sU?offset=0&filter=0

I want to give you the benefit of the doubt here, but the information suggests otherwise.

Yifu, you are plain bullshitting now. If you don't control this address then who does? I have set up a Wordpress + WooCommerce + Bitcoin ecommerce store for a friend. And I know exactly how it works. You enter an end address where all the Bitcoins go. The store generates a temporary address for every transaction and moves the BTC from that temp address to the end address. All the transactions in the above-mentioned transaction log depict this particular behavior. A transaction with BTC coming from multiple addresses into one temp address, and then another transaction moving all that money from that temp address to your address.

lol you mean this plugin? https://github.com/gesman/bitcoin-payments-for-woocommerce ( did you ever read the supporter list?  Wink)

also, your logic is correct, but it must be be my address?!  lol.

Even if its not your's, we all know that you have a huge margin in the chips. Why can't you just refund pre-orders like any legitimate business would. Hell, even BFL refunds pre-order!

That's what I am saying, he is not doing a good job of fooling us. But he is definitely trying.

No, he is clearly not. People have been asking about those coins for over a month now (should have realized this myself) - he could simply have moved them around and said "we just sold them", and we would have had no evidence to the contrary. But he didn't, resulting in people like you crying foul.

This is the guy that got the first functional Bitcoin ASIC to market. You don't think he knows how to launder bitcoins?

Any legitimate business would refund "pre-orders". Actually, any legitimate business would even return stuff that has been shipped. All I am asking is why can't he refund a pre-order. It's not that he wont be able to sell those chips.

No, he is clearly not. People have been asking about those coins for over a month now (should have realized this myself) - he could simply have moved them around and said "we just sold them, we had a short-term financing agreement with TSMC", and we would have had no evidence to the contrary. But he didn't, resulting in people like you crying foul.

Merit: 251
Avalon ASIC Team

lol you mean this plugin? https://github.com/gesman/bitcoin-payments-for-woocommerce ( did you ever read the supporter list?  Wink)

also, your logic is correct, but it must be be my address?!  lol.
Pages:
Jump to: