Pages:
Author

Topic: BitWhisk.io ✦ new Bitcoin mixing service ✦ testers evaluations - page 4. (Read 1779 times)

Activity: 92
Merit: 1
I want to have a try and make comments if available.

13xXfY23WddLDZc8V9S6AzrWf93W9nEg96
copper member
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1319
I'm sometimes known as "miniadmin"
I'd like to help test the service; I worked for coinmixer.se for a couple of months, so I have a bit of insight on what mixing services is concerned

So, I tried the service and it works perfectly fine. Simple interface; easy way to adjust the fees and the bitcoins were really mixed (after checking all the inputs and their inputs). Time delays working fine too

I hope they have good luck and that they get many investors Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131
Could you tell what are it's benefits over using p2sh-segwit?
Should we expect that bech32 will become the main format of addresses in future?

New bech32 format is technically a native SegWit, using it would decrease the transaction size which would lead to lower transaction fees [1]. However, not every wallet supports bech32 format, yet, so I think you should stick to Nested (P2SH-P2WPKH) for some time. Although, it would be nice to be able to receive mixed coins to bech32 address. Feel free to PM when you will decide to implement it.

[1] - https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/65856/how-do-bech32-addresses-compare-to-p2sh-addresses-in-transaction-size
copper member
Activity: 57
Merit: 6
Since you upgraded to the latest Bitcoin Core, could you tell me if you can send to Bech32 addresses?

Now, all generated incoming addresses are p2sh-segwit, this already should greatly reduce the miner's fee.
We do not currently support bech32 format (the system will consider bech32 address as incorrect). Could you tell what are it's benefits over using p2sh-segwit?

Should we expect that bech32 will become the main format of addresses in future?

Best regards,
BitWhisk team
legendary
Hello BitWhisk.io team,

Thanks for introducing SegWit! It might help with making your service popular after you officialy announce it. Since you upgraded to the latest Bitcoin Core, could you tell me if you can send to Bech32 addresses?
I would be glad to test your service again after improvements.

Link to my review: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.31295397
Activity: 126
Merit: 20
Hi,
I want to try it, if still available.
My address is:
13YqUxAkX3gh9X8iwVxVmAsxzL1AftU3Gf

Review:
First, the mixing website UI is straightforward and easy to use, but I don't know how the mixer can attract others' attention and beat other famous mixers.
copper member
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1319
I'm sometimes known as "miniadmin"
I'd like to help test the service; I worked for coinmixer.se for a couple of months, so I have a bit of insight on what mixing services is concerned
copper member
Hi guys! First of all, thanks to all testers, your help is appreciated.

We worked hard to make our service better and there is a number of quite important updates! See the list below.

1) We switched to using segwit addresses.

2) Smart resending policy. Namely, we resend your transaction only if the following conditions are met:
  • The transaction hasn't been confirmed for 5 blocks since sending;
  • The change of unconfirmed transaction is needed to process other users payment.

So, basically, if no heavy load is present, then your transaction will wait for confirmation infinitely long. We updated FAQ-section with explicit declaration of these details.

Hence, the only possibility when your payments are extra-delayed by our fault is that we need an unconfirmed change. The system of order status checking should notify you about such situation. However, such cases should be quite rare (see next point) and if this happens we will refund your service commission.

3) We updated our mixing algorithm. First, we minimize the number of transaction inputs and then minimize the change amount for given number of inputs. This adds randomness in our transaction history and minimizes unconfirmed change amount.

4) Small technical updates concerning calculation of minimum incoming amount for the order. Suppose optimal miner's fee rate is 100sat/B and you specify the rate of 10sat/B, then min. incoming amount will be calculated using optimal rate, i.e. 100sat/B. Just to exclude dust payments from handling.

Currently, the only and main drawback is that we do not have enough BTC to mix Cry

We would like to test the system before making an official ann. If you are interested, write your address here or in PM.

Best regards,
BitWhisk team
Activity: 1092
Merit: 117
I have tried the website to mix 0.001btc and here is my review: the design of the website is very very simple and easy to use. Even if you have not mixed any coins in the past, there are good instructions on the website and it is impossible to dont understand how it works. I mixed my coins to two different addresses and I put a delay on one of them. The coins were delivered at the exact time. I dont have anything else to say, the fees are the same as on other mixers so as the other details. What will make difference is how you promote your website.
copper member
TryNinja, thanks for the review.

Yes, after other testers finish we will upgrade bitcoin-core to 0.16.0 and switch to using segwit addresses.

Best,
BitWhisk
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
I have received ~1.25mBTC to test and review this mixer. I have chosen to receive 57% of my mixed coins to my address #1 after 8 hours and the remaining 43% to my address #2 after 6 hours. My first impressions: I really liked the minimalist design of the website and how everything you need to know about your order is shown in the "Order status" page. I'm still waiting for my coins (because of the delay), but it's great how I can easily check when they will are scheduled to arrive - which is great.

I have tested multiple mixers and if this one had a reputation, I would probably choose them over other famous mixers like BitBlender (for simple send->receive mixings, otherwise, I still prefer ChipMixer due to the way they work with the chips).

I will update this post when I receive my coins in ~7 hours.

Edit: I received my coins in the designated time without any delay. Thanks!

Just a quick suggestion: Use segwit. Help the network and save some fees Smiley

giving 0.1BTC to people in a forum to test your new service is a waste of money.
Why?

what I had in mind, I would like to see you having 1BTC in escrow, and another one for mixing in your hot wallet. if you don't have that much, you could start with 0.2BTC escrowed and 0.2BTC in hot wallet.
Escrow is good but it's not 100% scam-proof. BitMixCoin had 10BTC in escrow for some time and they lowered that amount to 5BTC without any public warning. They could have wait until they had 10BTC from costumers, ask the escrower to half the amount in escrow and still profit 5BTC if they decide to scam everyone. If you choose to setup a escrow and then decide to get the coins back or lower the amount, at least warn everybody a few days in advance.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 541
I just tried your service. The interface is simple and very easy to use. Your mixing mechanism is also pretty straightforward. Anybody who has a basic understanding of a mixing service should not have experienced any trouble at all when using BitWhisk. Didn't notice any significant delay in the mixing process, good one.

Hope you guys could find enough funds to scale up the mixing capabilities. Good luck!
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
Well, I could say that, from your replies that you really care about having a long-term business reputation in mixing industry. giving 0.1BTC to people in a forum to test your new service is a waste of money. what I had in mind, I would like to see you having 1BTC in escrow, and another one for mixing in your hot wallet. if you don't have that much, you could start with 0.2BTC escrowed and 0.2BTC in hot wallet.

You need more coins than 1-2. if you are going to depend on your customers to increase your balance, you'd get nowhere.
Activity: 384
Merit: 101
My opinion after testing the site, I want to say this site is very easy to use!
UI is good, Speed of the site is very fast, The delay option is pretty good (As I used 2 hour delay option and it works well)

Slider works good on Chrome(Android), but not good on Firefox(Android).
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I'd love to try

BTC Address: 3FrPPmy8P1unA7xuq2ABkkaCCqnKnLksBB

Your website looks REALLY clean! I like the color scheme that used through out and its easy to navigate. Unlike alot of websites its easy to see what links bring me where. But just really smooth and clean!
Activity: 634
Merit: 106
Europe Belongs To Christians
Greetings to everybody!

We are establishing BitWhisk.io — a new Bitcoin mixing service.

If you are an enthusiast and have some free time this weekend then your help would be greatly appreciated!

Instructoins here go quite simple:
1. Post your BTC address in this thread (or PM me with it).
2. Get some coins for testing from me (~ 0.001 BTC).
3. Try the service and post your feedback here.

To be honest, our funds now are quite restricted, so we will handle only around 20 requests from forum members with high reputation.

Kindly, do not bother sending your test coins back to us, leave it to yourself as a small reward for your work.

Thanks to all of you in advance!

Best regards,
BitWhisk team.

if you are looking for investors, please ping me
legendary
I was given 1.25mBTC to test delays and multiple withdraw addresses. BitWhisk.io sent me a detailed information about the whole process. I was able to set a time delay for each address up to 48 hours. I have decided to test 2 outputs with a delay of two and six hours. I didn't check how transaction fees changed, I set the transaction fee to 1 sat/b which wasn't enough to get confirmation soon. Fortunately, I was told that BitWhisk automatically increases the fee after 10 blocks and it worked. The whole process was easy to understand, there should be an additional information about fees.

This is what a status page shows you after sending BTC to the provided address.

copper member
The site looks promising to me.

Simple as alike.

- Working perfect
- The response is fast.

I am confused at one point. In your fee section, you have typed that your min commission is 0.5% right. In the next table, you have written that for 1-4 bitcoin it's 0.45 why? But at the same time, it is 0.5% in for all. Correct me if I get it wrong.
Also when

I believe it's something like a "loyalty system". From the fee section: "Remember, when you use BitWhisk regularly with the same code you get a discount. More you mix less you pay."

So, if you mix 3BTC, you pay a commission of 0.45%. If you keep mixing with the same code and get to 6 mixed BTC, you only pay 0.40%, etc...

This also makes me wonder, how is this code "info" stored? How do you link multiple orders to one user to know if he is a loyal costumer?

P.s: I'm here if you still need someone to try the mixing with multiple addresses/bigger delays Cool

Each mixing order is equipped with a code, either you type it in the corresponding field or a system randomly generates a new one for you. Then we just store the information about how much coins were ever sent to generated addresses with the given code.

Suppose someone creates an order, say with one target address, BitWhisk code "abcdef" and the generated incoming address "1sendbtctothisaddress". When a customer deposits the generated address "1sendbtctothisaddress" with say 0.1BTC we then store the information that 0.1BTC were sent to the code "abcdef". If this customer comes later and mixes 0.1BTC again, we refresh this information, and now the code "abcdef" will bear the mark of 0.2BTC sent to it. The discount is based on this information. That's how it basically works. If you still have some questions left without answers let me know, I will try to shed light on it.

Please note, the information you see in Fees section is not yet correct, it is like a draft. We are still in a testing mode and right now we do not have this amount of coins and do not try to convince anybody to send such sums to our accounts. This will be updated at the time we post an official announcement.

You might have some difficulty managing a mixer with low funds. Nobody is going to send under $20 because your fees and the transaction fees will be too costly and if somebody sends a large amount of coins, you wont have enough volume to properly mix their coins.

Bitcoin mixers are hard to start and you are too late. Some mixers have been in existence for over 5 years and have a good reputation so you are competing against them.

Dear King Pajeet, our funds is our own concern, let us care about them. To test our service we do not have to put hundreds or thousands of btc to our hot wallet, as anyway nobody will mix that much coins in a new service without reputation.

Yes, we know that running mixer is a hard task and yet in our opinion it is not a reason to sit in one's hands. We put a lot of efforts in developing this project. We have made every (in)visible detail as perfect as we can imagine. So let us start this business and see how the world responds to our offer.

Thanks everybody for your feedback/questions/criticism.

Best regards,
BitWhisk team
Activity: 40
Merit: 2
To be honest, our funds now are quite restricted, so we will handle only around 20 requests from forum members with high reputation.

You might have some difficulty managing a mixer with low funds. Nobody is going to send under $20 because your fees and the transaction fees will be too costly and if somebody sends a large amount of coins, you wont have enough volume to properly mix their coins.

Bitcoin mixers are hard to start and you are too late. Some mixers have been in existence for over 5 years and have a good reputation so you are competing against them.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
The site looks promising to me.

Simple as alike.

- Working perfect
- The response is fast.

I am confused at one point. In your fee section, you have typed that your min commission is 0.5% right. In the next table, you have written that for 1-4 bitcoin it's 0.45 why? But at the same time, it is 0.5% in for all. Correct me if I get it wrong.
Also when

I believe it's something like a "loyalty system". From the fee section: "Remember, when you use BitWhisk regularly with the same code you get a discount. More you mix less you pay."

So, if you mix 3BTC, you pay a commission of 0.45%. If you keep mixing with the same code and get to 6 mixed BTC, you only pay 0.40%, etc...

This also makes me wonder, how is this code "info" stored? How do you link multiple orders to one user to know if he is a loyal costumer?

P.s: I'm here if you still need someone to try the mixing with multiple addresses/bigger delays Cool
Pages:
Jump to: