Pages:
Author

Topic: Black Arrow R9-12 threads, DZ Miners Co-op. Plz move ?s and discussion here. - page 12. (Read 25014 times)

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
well I voted for 287 usd not 56 usd a share.  22.5k is 56 and some change per share.

I really do not want to complain but 56 is a no and 287 is a yes.   Asking us to vote on 180  then 287 and then saying you have 56 and maybe 28  in unsold really does not make much sense.

Why vote and argue for days on numbers that have no meaning.   Look like I said if the shareholders of this group turned the pay outs into fiat they all made money myself included.  I am happy with making the money that we have made.  Not happy with a 180 offer going to 287 and now it is 56 with 28 or so left over.

Look this r9-r12 is a small part of dzcoop but there are 400 shares and changing the numbers that much looks really bad.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10

1) Are you planning on leaving this hardware allocated to this GB going forward to get around 4THs?

I promiced 3.3thash, so I have a duty to deliver at least that much. I will leave as much of the hardware on it as it necessary.
2) What is the price per share going to be? At this point we are one day away from the vote deadline we need to lock this in.

It really depends on the offer(s) we go with.

The most concrete offer I have had so far (IE I could take it now) would be 22.5k for 60 of the ~95 boards running right now. I have had several other offers for 800-1000 per board, but I have not heard back form then yet as far as total amounts and dates.

And yes, Im planning on adding the 8BTC in addition to this.

To me this brings up more questions than it answers. Neither of those two offers are even close to the $287.50 per share vote that we have right now. If we only have 95 working boards those need to sell for about $1210 a board to get that rate per share.

1. What happened to the offer that we are voting on right now. Is that not an option anymore?
2. Are there more boards that are not running that were included in that number?

Thanks.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Owner, Minersource.net

1) Are you planning on leaving this hardware allocated to this GB going forward to get around 4THs?

I promiced 3.3thash, so I have a duty to deliver at least that much. I will leave as much of the hardware on it as it necessary.
2) What is the price per share going to be? At this point we are one day away from the vote deadline we need to lock this in.

It really depends on the offer(s) we go with.

The most concrete offer I have had so far (IE I could take it now) would be 22.5k for 60 of the ~95 boards running right now. I have had several other offers for 800-1000 per board, but I have not heard back form then yet as far as total amounts and dates.

And yes, Im planning on adding the 8BTC in addition to this.

Activity: 219
Merit: 100
Ethics and Science need to shake hands
Bob,
You really are amazing and are working very hard and that is appreciated thank you very much!

Can we get a final tally on what you have a solid bid please? You mentioned you have several deals that you are working on. With that said now we have a lineup of several different vendors providing the hash rate or the proposed hash rate.

I don't think it is possible to select and educated vote without knowing three factors:

3) If there is a majority vote either way and not all the members vote will that vote still be valid?
[/s]

I have asked this several times already and gotten vague responses at best. How can we vote on something without having the information/rules that the vote is going to determine?
I am not trying to be a dick but we are one day away we need this as soon as possible. If you are not the right person to ask can someone else from the GB leaders please chime in?
Thanks
DBA

I can appreciate your desire for clarity.

Thomas' response about question #3 was clarified here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3893700
The way I read that after the 15th if the majority voted to sell, no matter what percentage of the group buy that is, they will sell.

Awesome thanks one down two to go
Bob,
You really are amazing and are working very hard and that is appreciated thank you very much!

Can we get a final tally on what you have a solid bid please? You mentioned you have several deals that you are working on. With that said now we have a lineup of several different vendors providing the hash rate or the proposed hash rate.

I don't think it is possible to select and educated vote without knowing three factors:

3) If there is a majority vote either way and not all the members vote will that vote still be valid?

I have asked this several times already and gotten vague responses at best. How can we vote on something without having the information/rules that the vote is going to determine?
I am not trying to be a dick but we are one day away we need this as soon as possible. If you are not the right person to ask can someone else from the GB leaders please chime in?
Thanks
DBA

I can appreciate your desire for clarity.

Thomas' response about question #3 was clarified here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3893700
The way I read that after the 15th if the majority voted to sell, no matter what percentage of the group buy that is, they will sell.
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
Ethics and Science need to shake hands
Bob,

Thanks
DBA
legendary
 well that does help.  are you still going to add the 8btc this 15th of dec payment? if you do and the short fall drops to 10-12 btc since nov 1st hashing.  we would be close to square 1.  if we hash at 4th instead of 3.3th  in 8 or 9 days the 10 or 12 btc short would slowly drop due the the extra hashing.  while I would have rather closing and taking 287 usd for each share and buying into r17 ,  your fix is getting closer to just as good a deal.. Bob thanks for working at this I know I type a lot of shit some good some bad on this thread I do really appreciate  your hard work at this.  best regards phil

also many thanks to dz, thomas and moonitator
Owner, Minersource.net
I have done this so far:
Sold a decent number of the non working boards to raise enough funds for 4 antminer blades, so an extra 800Ghash will be here next week.
I have 2 of my programmers looking into the miner code and the pi, to see if we can find the root cause and or fix it.
I will be adding my 2 nov KnCs for the temporary.

This should do:
~1.5thash of the working BF boards
~500ghash Oct KNC
1 3 modual nov knc ~500ghash
1 Fully working nov KnC ~650ghash
800Ghash of antminers next week

This would bring us up to just under 4 thash.
legendary
I do not have shares here but in another DZ round. In that I proposed an idea but have gotten zero response. I expect the same here but will state it anyway.

I hesitated to post anything earlier as it is none of my business but didn't think about PM'ing DZ about it.

It would be an idea to sell this equipment and use the profits to buy more miners. Only one I know of that is in production is the Antminer S1 units. I didn't do the numbers but it might be a way to continue mining besides going into a new round that won't mine until a later date.

400 x 287 = 114800 usd /880 a btc = 130 coins /4 = 32 x 180gh =  5.8th     rough math   but close .

I used 4 coins a unit but I left out the coins owed due to underpayment.

don't forget we  may have as much as 1 week down time.

but if you told me  we go from 3.3 to 5.8   in a week it could work  of course I do not know if  the power works those units pull 400-500 watts each  so you are talking 32 x 500 =  12000-  16000 watts to get the 5.8th also it would be 32 units to maintain via ethernet
I do not have shares here but in another DZ round. In that I proposed an idea but have gotten zero response. I expect the same here but will state it anyway.

I hesitated to post anything earlier as it is none of my business but didn't think about PM'ing DZ about it.

It would be an idea to sell this equipment and use the profits to buy more miners. Only one I know of that is in production is the Antminer S1 units. I didn't do the numbers but it might be a way to continue mining besides going into a new round that won't mine until a later date.

I don't want to make anything in this group buy vote more complicated than sell or don't sell. You idea of offering more mining options for units that are available now is a good one, but I would prefer to see that in a seperate group buy.
sf2
Activity: 273
Merit: 250
I have a feeling that a lot of people were eying r17 as their alternative after the refund. Owing to the fact that it's closed (paused?) this could change things fairly significantly for some folks and may change their votes. I would propose, since the options have changed somewhat, that we perhaps reset the votes with the current information. I waited for news from bob but didn't anticipate r17 being closed.

My vote wont change. I did however point to R-17 as a possible avenue for others that wanted to continue to hash.  I am ready to live with this no matter the outcome.

My vote will not change either. I know Bob is trying and I applaud his effort. But right now we are still at about 3.75 Ghash/share without the Jupiter as I don't think it is fair to count  it. This coop has been very fair in supplementing the bitcoin mining, but I don't think that is fair to expect or even request going forward.

As far as R17 goes it sounds like the could be another option as soon as more details about the second batch of Black Arrows are figured out.
Activity: 69
I haven't voted yet and won't vote untill the last minute or untill I hear Bobsag3's opinion on the hashrate fixes.
Activity: 336
I have a feeling that a lot of people were eying r17 as their alternative after the refund. Owing to the fact that it's closed (paused?) this could change things fairly significantly for some folks and may change their votes. I would propose, since the options have changed somewhat, that we perhaps reset the votes with the current information. I waited for news from bob but didn't anticipate r17 being closed.

My vote wont change. I did however point to R-17 as a possible avenue for others that wanted to continue to hash.  I am ready to live with this no matter the outcome.
Activity: 246
My spoon is too big!
Activity: 336
I have a series of negotitations at various price points going on right now, trying to get us the best deal.

At absolute minimum, Every share will be receiving a .02BTC refund in the next payout (adding in an extra 8BTC to the payout).

I will be tearing down the entire wall of rigs tomorrow, and rebuilding it software+hardware wise (reflashing SDcards etc), in addition to after I fix my personal november KnC's, be adding them to get out hashrate at 3+ thash in the mean time.

The worst case senario is all the boards are sent back slowly to be remade into v2 (at no cost to the GB), and or replaced with other hashrate in the mean time (Either jupiters I will get, or antminers).

I hope this is enough to at least let you guys know I am working very hard to get this fixed and us back on track.

Also, we have ~2BTC worth of NMC to convert.

Thanks for the effort you put into this Bobsag3.  With your trip out of the country, trying to get other GB gear up and stable and now with what you have outlined here as your plan of action for this group buy we probably dont even see half of what is on your  plate.

I for one appreciate what you put into this.

Best Regards,
legendary
I have a series of negotitations at various price points going on right now, trying to get us the best deal.

At absolute minimum, Every share will be receiving a .02BTC refund in the next payout (adding in an extra 8BTC to the payout).

I will be tearing down the entire wall of rigs tomorrow, and rebuilding it software+hardware wise (reflashing SDcards etc), in addition to after I fix my personal november KnC's, be adding them to get out hashrate at 3+ thash in the mean time.

The worst case senario is all the boards are sent back slowly to be remade into v2 (at no cost to the GB), and or replaced with other hashrate in the mean time (Either jupiters I will get, or antminers).

I hope this is enough to at least let you guys know I am working very hard to get this fixed and us back on track.

thanks for update.  and extra .02 btc a share  (8btc)  would get us to about a 10-12btc shortfall.  If the shares can be hashing at 8gh-9gh with the labor you do to them  it would help.  if you can sell at higher then 287 a share it would really help.   This r9-r12 has made money in fiat terms.  I am also sure it was helpful to black arrows newer design  coming out in the r17 group buy.

the idea of it slowly changing into better gear only works for the shareowners if we get a lot more hashrate.  if we get all v2's and end up with the same 3.3th we lose out over the buy out.  since 287 a share gets us more then 2 shares of the now dead (paused) r17 which would be more the 80gh in feb.  thanks for a hopeful update.
Activity: 434

Thank you very much for your hard work Bob. I want you to know it's appreciated.
Owner, Minersource.net

legendary
oh well.  so the trigger did not get pulled here it time for an easy buy into r17.  and it did not get pulled in time for a 20k plus sale of 1 of the miners r5 +r6.    

and this one is hashing at 1.9 th as I type  instead of 3.3 th.

so my chance  and all of those in r5 + r6  along with r9-r12 to painlessly buy into r17 is now gone.  Well at least those buys made money.

I got me 2 shares of r17.  not the 10 I hoped for.  well this will make my next btc choice less complicated..

hey those that wanted to keep on hashing could still be correct.  time will tell.    Embarrassed
Pages:
Jump to: