Pages:
Author

Topic: Block Erupter Prisma (>=1.4 T/device, 0.75-0.78 W/G, <1 BTC/T, October Shipping) - page 20. (Read 107986 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
My Prisma review is up.
A beast of a miner that is for sure.  I like it just cannot get over how loud it is. LOL

ASICMiner recently debuted the Tube Bitcoin ASIC miner which we reviewed at CCN. FriedCat and his team have followed up the Tube with the Prisma. The Prisma is a 1.4 th/s miner based on the ASICMiner Gen 3 BE200 chip that the Tube miner, as well as others like the Rockminer T1 and BTCGarden V1X2, use. The Prisma follows the same design as the Tube except that it is longer, featuring more chips and a lower clock rate. Clocking down and adding more chips is what ZeusMiner did with the Thunder X6 that we reviewed as well.

ASICMiner can bring the total hash rate up to 1.4 th/s and they are keeping it at a very competitive price with some vendors selling at 1.47 BTC at the time of publication. The Prisma is at a good price especially since almost all hardware miners are long on ROI due to the low BTC value right now.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/review-asicminer-returns-prisma-1-4-ths-bitcoin-miner/
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
what is happening ? i see most people got their orders, why didn't I recived anything ?
anyone else having same issues as me ?
I have no tracking number or anything

When did you order and make payment? There are not very many Prismas in the wild... I have only received my first batch order, and that was made in September. AM is starting to ramp up production, so you shouldn't have to wait much longer

same for me, I made payment in 30 september.
I just hope they will send the units, comunication from their side is poor that's why I am a little worried.
Thanks for replying

Don't worry, waiting for new hardware is always painful, especially when it's something brand new. But ASICMiner has been around for a really long time, and I've been buying their hardware for over a year now. You won't get good communication from a Chinese company, but ASICMiner and Bitmain are two of the most reliable manufacturers we have available to us.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
what is happening ? i see most people got their orders, why didn't I recived anything ?

When did you order and make payment? There are not very many Prismas in the wild... I have only received my first batch order, and that was made in September. AM is starting to ramp up production, so you shouldn't have to wait much longer

same for me, I made payment in 30 september.
I just hope they will send the units, comunication from their side is poor that's why I am a little worried.
Thanks for replying
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
I already have the 1300, I can always use another power supply I guess. I don't have any small power supplies, only 1000W+ which are in use. hmm, I will have to think...

The one thing people are suggestion is to use eight 8 Pin PCI-E cables. Not many power supplies have that many cables. I have EVGA 1300, but I believe it has only 6 cables.

why not simply run 2 less powerful PSUs with 4 pin PCI-E each? could even be cheaper i believe.

I sell some good quality splitters in my signature thread, that ive tested to be able to handle up to 150W per male (300W at the female end) without getting hot.
legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

legendary
legendary
Activity: 2408
Any prisma for sell

I want to buy on e
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
I already have the 1300, I can always use another power supply I guess. I don't have any small power supplies, only 1000W+ which are in use. hmm, I will have to think...

The one thing people are suggestion is to use eight 8 Pin PCI-E cables. Not many power supplies have that many cables. I have EVGA 1300, but I believe it has only 6 cables.

why not simply run 2 less powerful PSUs with 4 pin PCI-E each? could even be cheaper i believe.

arf, just took a look at crazyguys GB: 250 watt per cables and melting stuff.. beasty. ^^

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

Activity: 378
FURring bitcoin up since 1762
My Prisma's from Canary arrive at my hosting location today.

Good! Any information on their performance? Does everything work as expected or are you missing essential parts. When did you get the tracking number and when did you order? Keep us updated on their performance!
legendary
Activity: 1593
My Prisma's from Canary arrive at my hosting location today.
Activity: 364
Being that some of the S4's power supplies started to smoke shortly after mining, I am hoping this one is better. I would not recommend the S4.

What do you guys think about S4 vs this unit?
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
I got my tracking number from Crazy guy for Batch 1, and there is movement. Crazyguy has a good reputation, and if he says they shipped they did.

It is not safe to post tracking numbers, since people could re-route your order. I also ordered the controller, but not realize it may not come with the power supply, so trying to figure that out now. Maybe I can hook to my EVGA 1300 to a barrel connector. Not sure if I need to worry about the USB adapter, since I will use a controller and not the RPi at first.

I use an adapter from an Orico USB3 powered hub for my controllers.  It works fine.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
What do you guys think about S4 vs this unit?
legendary
so some of us got batch 1 and some didn't Huh
I am a batch 1 buyer and still have no tracking number from them, no replyies, nothing
What is going on here ?
Anyone has some real news about it ?
please help.
Activity: 476
I paid 10/04/2014
In response to messages wait for two days, five days, etc.
To whom was sent miners?

CrazyGuy got his first batch in but didn't get the usb adapters with it.

Which brings up my question. I ordered one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/CP2102-UART-6PIN-Serial-Converter/dp/B00CD264HG/ref=sr_1_11/188-7729491-3617157?ie=UTF8&qid=1413857855&sr=8-11&keywords=uart+to+usb
Of the six pins (3.3V, RST, TXD, RXD, GND & 5V) which will be used?
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
I paid 10/04/2014
In response to messages wait for two days, five days, etc.
To whom was sent miners?
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
Activity: 316
show a tracking number.

I don't mine. Ask CrazyGuy or CanaryInTheMine, they are running group buys. I simply take information from one thread and place it in another in order to help people stay informed.
Pages:
Jump to: