Pages:
Author

Topic: Block Erupter Prisma (>=1.4 T/device, 0.75-0.78 W/G, <1 BTC/T, October Shipping) - page 23. (Read 107986 times)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Well done ckolivas, for another time.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Another case of beer if you can get them working with p2pool ck....... Wink
Hah, all I did was a code review and merge. I've never seen the hardware in the flesh or virtually.
Activity: 686
WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C
Another case of beer if you can get them working with p2pool ck....... Wink
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
In an unexpected but most welcome move, the driver for these was submitted to cgminer. I've reviewed their driver and suggested some changes which they've already resubmitted so the driver is now part of mainline cgminer and will be in the next release due out today.

Many thanks! Small donation sent have a case of beer on me  Smiley
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
In an unexpected but most welcome move, the driver for these was submitted to cgminer. I've reviewed their driver and suggested some changes which they've already resubmitted so the driver is now part of mainline cgminer and will be in the next release due out today.

Very Cool!  Smiley

Will use your stuff from GitHub for the CubieTruck Build.
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Activity: 574
could someone post or PM me their TX info for a purchase they made

thanks
anyone....im getting bored over in the speculation thread
Activity: 518
Trust me!
Well, at least ASICMiner delievers their gear. Has ASICMiner ever not delivered their gear on time, or a delay of a day or two tops?

Nope.  Last time there was a minor delay they gave partial refunds.  They still have exactly two weekstm.
I'm just afraid to use that phrase without the tm since it might be owned by BFL and I'm sure they'll be looking for alternate revenue streams now.  Don't misunderstand my humour; I love AM.

Ha Cheesy Yeah, well when people use that phrase they often imply the same outcome as with BFL. I'm sure FC will pull through. Hopefully gen 4 comes soon, as well.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
anyone recived tracking number Huh
starting to worry here !

Don't worry -

...Round 1 Sales

Shipping date: 8th October, 2014 to 27th October, 2014...

They'll be shipping by two weekstm time

Well, at least ASICMiner delievers their gear. Has ASICMiner ever not delivered their gear on time, or a delay of a day or two tops?

Nope.  Last time there was a minor delay they gave partial refunds.  They still have exactly two weekstm.
I'm just afraid to use that phrase without the tm since it might be owned by BFL and I'm sure they'll be looking for alternate revenue streams now.  Don't misunderstand my humour; I love AM.
Activity: 518
Trust me!
starting to worry here !

Don't worry -

...Round 1 Sales

legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
starting to worry here !

Don't worry -

...Round 1 Sales

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
starting to worry here !
Activity: 18
ASICMINER has released their branch of cgminer:   https://github.com/blockerupter/cgminer

This branch supports both Tube and Prisma, you'll need AM's USB adapter to connect to your USB port. A random CP2102X usb to uart adapter might work as well if you can customize the adpater by adding a pull resistor to the TXD.

How to build:
  • ./autogen.sh
  • ./configure --enable-blockerupter
  • make

There's also a win32 binary here:
https://mega.co.nz/#!NY1FQbqB!4HFdFED73LbtrdNLU9ixJ-3asjmI1jhwc-7Qik9_x3w

How to run:
No extra command line parameters are needed. The Tube or Prisma will be identified as "BET" in cgminer.
Code:
./cgminer -o YOUR_POOL -u WORKER -p PASSWORD

can I use this with any mining pool ? like nicehash ?

Said yes before, but there turns out many "job not found" errors which causes hash rate loss after long time test.
Now I realize that nicehash has its own modification with stratum protocol, it seems either we patch official cgminer or we fork from nicehash's own branch and add driver for PRISMA.

legendary
Activity: 1358
https://gliph.me/hUF

When using a RPi, I'd recommend to keep a fully configured second RPi ready to go so in case the first one dies it is a simple plugging exercise to get back mining quickly. (Just make a full backup of the SD card once everything is set up and runs as it should).

If you can't spare that extra 35$, at the very least keep a second SD card ready.
Activity: 918
Merit: 1002
It is very feesible to put a whole chain on one USB controller adapter to use with a computer (aka RPi). The problem is the RPi has it's Ethernet on a USB port also as part of the internal hub. So what happens is interrupt problems because you are trying to keep your data stream constant on both Ethernet and to the USB connected miners.
Does anyone know of a SoC device that is designed in a way that avoids this issue?  A Hummingbird, or BBB?

Thanks for the explanation, @sdjernes. I had no idea about that USB<>Ethernet problem on the RPI and did not think there could be such an issue with the RPI B+.

And yes, so if the AM ethernet controller and a RPI based controller solution are out of question, which low-cost & low-power SoC device capable of running Minera and one or more chains of Prismas would be appropriate?

I don't think an RPi controller is out of the question. It may have limitations, but AM rates the RPi as being able to handle up to 4 Prismas. If you are looking to run more than 4, I might suggest a beaglebone black or 2 RPis.
Thanks CG,  I'll probably grab an RPI from you and pick up a BBB online for future projects.  The BBB has a seperate Ethernet control chip, for anyone interested--I just finished up researching them.
legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007
It is very feesible to put a whole chain on one USB controller adapter to use with a computer (aka RPi). The problem is the RPi has it's Ethernet on a USB port also as part of the internal hub. So what happens is interrupt problems because you are trying to keep your data stream constant on both Ethernet and to the USB connected miners.
Does anyone know of a SoC device that is designed in a way that avoids this issue?  A Hummingbird, or BBB?

Thanks for the explanation, @sdjernes. I had no idea about that USB<>Ethernet problem on the RPI and did not think there could be such an issue with the RPI B+.

And yes, so if the AM ethernet controller and a RPI based controller solution are out of question, which low-cost & low-power SoC device capable of running Minera and one or more chains of Prismas would be appropriate?

I don't think an RPi controller is out of the question. It may have limitations, but AM rates the RPi as being able to handle up to 4 Prismas. If you are looking to run more than 4, I might suggest a beaglebone black or 2 RPis.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Wanna buy a Tesla? Visit TeslaBargain.com first!

legendary
Activity: 1161
Don`t invest more than you can afford to lose
whainting for updates i-am really interested in prisma!
Activity: 918
Merit: 1002
Does anyone know of a SoC device that is designed in a way that avoids this issue?  A Hummingbird, or BBB?

Cheers.
Activity: 49
A Raspberry PI B+ has 4 USB ports, an ethernet controller 3 UART ports.

Can more than one chain (with up to 32 units each) be connected to one Raspberry PI B+ or ethernet controller?

What exactly is the limit / limiting factor on the number of miners operated by one controller?

Basically it comes down to how well the USB circuits on the board are designed and what else is using it. If you were on a desktop computer you would want to make sure that you put the miners on a separate USB controller port from a hard drive. On the RPi you don't have this option. There is one USB controller port on the processor. This is then used to drive hub chip. Off that hub chip hangs your 2/4 external ports and the RPi's Ethernet controller.

Now if you could re-write the driver for CGminer and build the correct cabling you could possible get more units connected to the UARTs. 

Why would it not be possible to connect 4 chains with a total of 128 units (= 32 devices) with 4 USB adapters to a single Raspberry PI B+?

I have mentioned some of the technical reasons above but their is one other reason not to do this.

Single Point of Failure

You don't want to have a single $35 device shutdown your operation. If the miner software crashes in your single RPi setup your entire 11.2Ths is offline until you notice it and then are able to fix it. Splitting that load over several devices allows you to keep most units mining while the one Controller is delt with.
Pages:
Jump to: