Pages:
Author

Topic: Block Erupter Prisma (>=1.4 T/device, 0.75-0.78 W/G, <1 BTC/T, October Shipping) - page 21. (Read 107986 times)

legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1004
Hello friedcat. Stop deleting my posts from September and maybe issue some dividends instead.

Not sure who has authority in this thread but friedcat hasn't been here in a while.

The "hardware" (gmaxwell, MiningBuddy, ckolivas) mods deleted his posts for being off-topic and trolling. Comes as no surprise to me.
legendary
Activity: 1161
Merit: 1001
Don`t invest more than you can afford to lose
is this bad news ? maybe no more prismas for us ?

Also, I see movement from DHL for Batch 1 so hopefully Monday/Tuesday delivery.

I don't think you need to worry at this moment. Maybe later.

show a tracking number.
Activity: 316
Merit: 250

Also, I see movement from DHL for Batch 1 so hopefully Monday/Tuesday delivery.

I don't think you need to worry at this moment. Maybe later.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 7912
maybe they just threw the tubes to us to gain trust and now they will keep all the BTC they made from prismas pre-orders.
 Shocked

It is more likely that Friedcat is leading the pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong.
Friedcat for president!!

legendary
Activity: 1120
maybe they just threw the tubes to us to gain trust and now they will keep all the BTC they made from prismas pre-orders.
 Shocked
Activity: 918
Merit: 1002
donator
Activity: 714
Merit: 510
Preaching the gospel of Satoshi
Here's the data on the Prisma's fan, the PFC1212DE:

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/PFC1212DE-F00/603-1164-ND/1850533

66dB, although I found a couple sources on Google that listed a "maximum" limit of 70dB.
"Mining machine at a distance of one meter, the measured noise about 80dBa."

For reference, I've seen SPTech SP10 measured between 68-76dBa.  Not that I don't trust his meter, but can anyone else verify that the prisma is really that loud?
FTA: "3 noise, the manufacturers due to achieve the purpose of cooling, using up to 4.8a fan violence, including this absolutely superb cooling fan is also a first-class wind noise is also a tucao point, apply a treasure buyers tucao sounds like an airplane taking off and landing to describe though a bit too, but in the arrangement of the mine should give due consideration to this aspect, it is recommended to select the more remote places like industrial areas or suburbs."

Emphasis mine.  They are using a Delta fan which are top-notch, usually loud fans.  I'll go dig up the specs from Delta, but I would assume you need to keep this out of the home office.
legendary
Anyoane get a tracking number or some reviews on a prisma?
Activity: 816
Merit: 1000
"Mining machine at a distance of one meter, the measured noise about 80dBa."

For reference, I've seen SPTech SP10 measured between 68-76dBa.  Not that I don't trust his meter, but can anyone else verify that the prisma is really that loud?
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
FUN > ROI
fwiw, cybtc's review of a Prisma is now up:
“烤猫棱镜”比特币矿机彩云评测
( Google Translate that - it does only a mildly terrible translation )
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
A single USB controller can control up to 4 units (full Prisma with 4 boards). Detailed info of each board can be found with cgminer api.

Info in the OP says 8 devices = 32 units, same as with the Tube, because each hashing board has a 5 bit DIP switch = 32 different addresses.

As I tested, each prisma board would be identified as two boards (seems they purposely do this to make it compatible with ethernet controller). Also the 5th bit on switch is ignored by prisma board. So it's 16 prisma boards or 32 tube boards.
legendary
Activity: 1500
Mine Mine Mine
yeah not a real review . . . at least some pix though thx for the link. but yet still not in any customers hands afaik.

would like to see it working with cubie,rpi,bbb + cgminer + no limitations or issues at any pools.

if all of the above works well it's gonna kick some butts !
legendary
still no one have a physical unit yet ! grrrrrr can't wait to see some pix & reviews especially the new controller with cgminer running
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9217785

That's a review unit for some publicist. That shouldn't count. Customer units should count!

your right! whainting for real review!
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
still no one have a physical unit yet ! grrrrrr can't wait to see some pix & reviews especially the new controller with cgminer running

That's a review unit for some publicist. That shouldn't count. Customer units should count!
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Wanna buy a Tesla? Visit TeslaBargain.com first!
A single USB controller can control up to 4 units (full Prisma with 4 boards). Detailed info of each board can be found with cgminer api.

Info in the OP says 8 devices = 32 units, same as with the Tube, because each hashing board has a 5 bit DIP switch = 32 different addresses.
legendary
Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
Looking forward to hashing with the Prisma Smiley

-Sahra
legendary
Activity: 1500
Mine Mine Mine
Pages:
Jump to: