Pages:
Author

Topic: Block Erupter Prisma (>=1.4 T/device, 0.75-0.78 W/G, <1 BTC/T, October Shipping) - page 26. (Read 107986 times)

legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
This PSU is a good choice for this unity ?

SeaSonic X-1250 1250W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready 80 PLUS GOLD
Activity: 784
Merit: 1004
Glow Stick Dance!
many are willing buy., no one is standing out .. many are just watching

Any you think the reason is?

Hopefully we can ALL agree that we are on 250 PETA Hash and BTC price is 350, so there is no chance to break even under this circumstances with this devices in a legal way. No way, even in Kuwait not.

On the other hand its a nice toy Smiley

I had to double check the date of your post because I thought it was at least a week old, lol. The network is nearly 300PH and BTC is at $300 at this very moment.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
So this is really underclocked tube, nothing new in the unit ?

There are new things in the unit, if others want to believe it or not is another thing.
I was generalizing. Could be new design. I don't know enough. But the main driver for efficiency is more chips at lower load.

Its not.
Enlighten.

They chained chips for very efficient usage of 12v line.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Wanna buy a Tesla? Visit TeslaBargain.com first!
Hopefully we can ALL agree that we are on 250 PETA Hash and BTC price is 350, so there is no chance to break even under this circumstances with this devices in a legal way. No way, even in Kuwait not. On the other hand its a nice toy Smiley

I see. I already feared that something different than ROI was meant.  Grin
Activity: 1014
Merit: 1055

Hopefully we can ALL agree that we are on 250 PETA Hash and BTC price is 350, so there is no chance to break even under this circumstances with this devices in a legal way. No way, even in Kuwait not.

On the other hand its a nice toy Smiley
It has been stated before, that a Raspberry PI may not be an appropriate control unit due to it possibly being unrelieable and having USB limitations.

I've tried to read up on that matter, and I can not find anything confirming those issues. In fact, the Antminer S4 uses a BeagleBone Black as control unit, and comparing specs it seems the Raspberry PI B+ is the better option.

Concerning USB on the Raspberry PI B+:

• 5V supply has polarity protection, 2A fuse and hot-swap protection (so you can plug/unplug USB without resetting the board)
  • 4 USB ports instead of 2 ports

So what exactly would prevent or cause problems running 8 Prismas (= 32 units) on one Raspberry PI B+?

I'm not quite sure, but as it seems every unit gets its own USB dongle and not one USB dongle per device (= 4 units), right?

So to connect 8 Prismas to one Raspberry PI B+ you simply would need 4 self-powered USB hubs with 8 ports each.

What could possible go wrong with such a setup?

P.S. I am eagerly awaiting @dogie's extensive report on the Prisma, hopefully he's among the first to to get one. Quite strange that there is no review available yet, considering they intend to start shipping in 3 days.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com

There are new things in the unit, if others want to believe it or not is another thing.
I was generalizing. Could be new design. I don't know enough. But the main driver for efficiency is more chips at lower load.

Its not.
Enlighten.

I already did several pages back and got shouted at by people who have no actual knowledge of this product.
legendary
Activity: 1593

Its not.
Enlighten.
legendary
Activity: 1288
That would be great. You always do a good job as well.

We are all waiting to hear.  There may be a funded Pi image if they do not get something going soon.
The Novak has the outline and research ready to go if need be. :-)

If you have shell access, you should be able to grab ASICMiner's branch of cgminer(once it's available), build cgminer, and replace the cgminer binary with your custom build. API calls should be unchanged, so the web interface should work. ASICMiner recommends a maximum of 4 Prismas per RPI.

OK, after this reply from Mineras' developer I'm very optmistic.

Now it all comes down when AM / friedcat will publish the source code for their patched cgminer fork. Any info on that?

Because if I order a bunch of Prismas I want my control units (Raspberry PI with Minera) be ready when the Prismas arrive for immediate deployment.

I am providing a RPI image for my customers. If there is interest, I will include the Minera user interface.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com

Its not.
I am providing a RPI image for my customers. If there is interest, I will include the Minera user interface.

And that's the problem, I am here in Europe and it would not make any sense to participate in your group buy because it would mean twice the shipping costs (China to USA and USA to Europe) + customs duty & handling + VAT (if applicable on your import from China to the USA).

I'm clearly better off ordering a set of 10 Prismas directly from China, but I nevertheless do not want to have to reinvent the wheel with creating my own RPI image, which surely applies for a lot of others as well.
legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007
We are all waiting to hear.  There may be a funded Pi image if they do not get something going soon.

If you have shell access, you should be able to grab ASICMiner's branch of cgminer(once it's available), build cgminer, and replace the cgminer binary with your custom build. API calls should be unchanged, so the web interface should work. ASICMiner recommends a maximum of 4 Prismas per RPI.

Now it all comes down when AM / friedcat will publish the source code for their patched cgminer fork. Any info on that?

Because if I order a bunch of Prismas I want my control units (Raspberry PI with Minera) be ready when the Prismas arrive for immediate deployment.

Activity: 139
We are all waiting to hear.  There may be a funded Pi image if they do not get something going soon. The Novak has the outline and research ready to go if need be. :-)

Wasn't the Prisma development crowd funded? Any funds left for letting the Minera developer prepare a ready to use image for use with Prismas?

I'm sure a solution will present itself with more and more people jumping on the Prisma train, and I eagerly awaiting more news on that.

We are all waiting to hear.  There may be a funded Pi image if they do not get something going soon. The Novak has the outline and research ready to go if need be. :-)

Wasn't the Prisma development crowd funded? Any funds left for letting the Minera developer prepare a ready to use image for use with Prismas?

I'm sure a solution will present itself with more and more people jumping on the Prisma train, and I eagerly awaiting more news on that.
legendary
Activity: 1288

legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007
I know for most users the following question is a non-issue.

Let me explain why it is a issue for me. I rent rigs out via MRR. I have 16 Antminers currently and each unit has its own user on MRR. This lets me more granularly set pricing and see how rigs are doing. I don't mess in the altcoin space, but am willing to let miners who understand these things pay for hash time.

So here is what I want to know:

1. Can I run 2 Prisma on a single RPi (or Cubietruck) and then assign them to  different  pools/users with one instance of cgminer?

2. Do they get distinct IDs so feasibly you could start cgminer specifying the device to use?

Thanks

I don't believe cgminer supports tying a pool to a device within one instance. You could load balance over multiple pools, but it would be sending a percentage of work from both devices to each pool.

You can start up an instance of cgminer with only the devices you specify by using the "--usb" option. You can then run an instance of cgminer for each Prisma. I am unsure of how many cgminer instances an RPi can handle.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
I know for most users the following question is a non-issue.

Let me explain why it is a issue for me. I rent rigs out via MRR. I have 16 Antminers currently and each unit has its own user on MRR. This lets me more granularly set pricing and see how rigs are doing. I don't mess in the altcoin space, but am willing to let miners who understand these things pay for hash time.

So here is what I want to know:

1. Can I run 2 Prisma on a single RPi (or Cubietruck) and then assign them to  different  pools/users with one instance of cgminer?

2. Do they get distinct IDs so feasibly you could start cgminer specifying the device to use?

Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: