Pages:
Author

Topic: Block Erupter Prisma (>=1.4 T/device, 0.75-0.78 W/G, <1 BTC/T, October Shipping) - page 25. (Read 107986 times)

legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002
Mine Mine Mine
ASICMINER has released their branch of cgminer:   https://github.com/blockerupter/cgminer

This branch supports both Tube and Prisma, you'll need AM's USB adapter to connect to your USB port. A random CP2102X usb to uart adapter might work as well if you can customize the adpater by adding a pull resistor to the TXD.

How to build:
  • ./autogen.sh
  • ./configure --enable-blockerupter
  • make

There's also a win32 binary here:
https://mega.co.nz/#!NY1FQbqB!4HFdFED73LbtrdNLU9ixJ-3asjmI1jhwc-7Qik9_x3w

How to run:
No extra command line parameters are needed. The Tube or Prisma will be identified as "BET" in cgminer.
Code:
./cgminer -o YOUR_POOL -u WORKER -p PASSWORD

spunds VERY good but a step by step for noobs ?

TIA Wink
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
ASICMINER has released their branch of cgminer:   https://github.com/blockerupter/cgminer

This branch supports both Tube and Prisma, you'll need AM's USB adapter to connect to your USB port. A random CP2102X usb to uart adapter might work as well if you can customize the adpater by adding a pull resistor to the TXD.

How to build:
  • ./autogen.sh
  • ./configure --enable-blockerupter
  • make

There's also a win32 binary here:
https://mega.co.nz/#!NY1FQbqB!4HFdFED73LbtrdNLU9ixJ-3asjmI1jhwc-7Qik9_x3w

How to run:
No extra command line parameters are needed. The Tube or Prisma will be identified as "BET" in cgminer.
Code:
./cgminer -o YOUR_POOL -u WORKER -p PASSWORD

Activity: 1
Hello!
Do Prisma are wires for connecting RPI?
What I need is a feed of connectivities RPI of Prisma?
What I need a usb adapter to connect to the Prisma?
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR
So in the post they state a few ways to ask for details, yet when I contact Phasebird, I have to copy paste my request to the email adres, mmmmmmmmmmmmkay never mind then.......
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
So if I have a full computer, with a couple of 12-port hubs, could I feasibly run 24 of these from one server with one instance of cgminer or bfgminer without issue? Or is there more to the 4-device limit that I'm missing here?
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Thanks, no rush on updating, just some suggestions. thanks for the replies... Maybe I can see how it works myself and post my findings.

3) Dogie's guide depends on Friedcat replying.
1) Technical support (at least from me) depends on Friedcat replying.

Looks like he took a long rest so his emails will come soon.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
3) Dogie's guide depends on Friedcat replying.
1) Technical support (at least from me) depends on Friedcat replying.

Looks like he took a long rest so his emails will come soon.
Activity: 857
Anger is a gift.
I was told you can use BTC Guild with the controller: That's really the one I plan to use...

BTCGuild stratum address.

Code:

stratum-lb-usa48.btcguild.com

That is correct, make sure you use the address you have listed. stratum.btcguild.com will not work on the tube/prisma.
I was told you can use BTC Guild with the controller: That's really the one I plan to use...

BTCGuild stratum address.

Code:

stratum-lb-usa48.btcguild.com
Anger is a gift.
Questions:

1) Is there an English admin/technical manual available for this?
2) What are the options for support? It looks like the site is in Chinese?
3) I am planning on using the Ethernet controller, are the instructions to use that without windows/RPi?
4) I read before that it is possible to use this with just the controller and not Windows or RPi, was I misinformed?

1. Not sure.
2. Not really gonna have any support. Whoever you buy the unit from may help you. I bought from Canary and he helped me with an RMA.
3. Dogie's guide shows how to use the controller or friedcat's post in the tube thread.
4. Yes, you can use just the controller and not need any windows/pi OS.

I have a tube running and if you have anymore questions, just PM me.

Yes to number 3 about Dogie's guide, but he explains in the guide how to use a windows program and not how to use just the controller alone. I posted some more questions also Smiley

P.S. I am in Crazyguy group buy for 1 unit to start with.

The controller is setup to an IP address. I just disconnected my ethernet cable from my computer and plugged the controller in that way to change the IP to what I wanted. Crazy should be selling the units with a USB dongle that you can use with windows/pi. The ethernet controller works, but it is picky about what pools you can use.
Questions:

3) I am planning on using the Ethernet controller, are the instructions to use that without windows/RPi?
4) I read before that it is possible to use this with just the controller and not Windows or RPi, was I misinformed?

1. Not sure.
2. Not really gonna have any support. Whoever you buy the unit from may help you. I bought from Canary and he helped me with an RMA.
3. Dogie's guide shows how to use the controller or friedcat's post in the tube thread.

Yes to number 3 about Dogie's guide, but he explains in the guide how to use a windows program and not how to use just the controller alone. I posted some more questions also Smiley

P.S. I am in Crazyguy group buy for 1 unit to start with.
Anger is a gift.
Questions:

1. Not sure.

Questions:

6) What is the DB of the unit/fan?
7) What is the average temperatures this things run at? 42c? What is the max temperature these have been tested at 80c?
Activity: 49
As I mentioned on CanaryInTheMine's group buy thread, I am working on porting MinePeon to the CubieTruck A20 system.

I am wanting some opinions on a couple things from the prospective users.

1. Would it be better to do this on Debian (Wheezy) or on ArchLinux?  I have been a long time Debian/Ubuntu user and so am more familiar with the package system.  However ArchLinux seems to be a more compact environment in some ways.

2. How many people here would be interested in the system supporting multiple miner instances?
    Explanation:  I rent out rigs on MRR and so I like to have each rig show up as a distinct device.  I have become use to this with multiple AntMiner S1/S3 and Avalons  I think I have the code skills to make MinePeon act as a master interface to multiple cgminer/bfgminer instances.

3. If I were able to, how many people would be interested in MinePeon as a regular Debian/Ubuntu package with dependancies on cgminer/bfgminer?

Activity: 76
Merit: 10
 today is the last holiday
Activity: 139
Merit: 100
I paid them 14.9 BTC on 2nd of october and I still have no answer from them !
What is going on ?

still on Holiday i think.. Oct 8 is the last day of Holiday..
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
I paid them 14.9 BTC on 2nd of october and I still have no answer from them !
What is going on ?
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
why bother pay 14.9 BTC for these when they can only produce like 9-10 BTC ?

So I take it you have a magic crystal ball too?

Mine says these can easily break even with cheap electricity.

He's right, if you pay for electricity, no roi
Average diff increase for last 10 changes is 12%. Put that into any decent calculator, it will tell you that 14TH/s can mint about 23btc.
BTW, 12% increase is 64'000 PH/s on next halving. Just electricity cost per day for this (at 0.3 kWh/TH, and $0.05/kWh) is $23'000'000. Bitcoin at $6000 in 2016! I like that.
legendary
Activity: 938
BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR
why bother pay 14.9 BTC for these when they can only produce like 9-10 BTC ?

So I take it you have a magic crystal ball too?

Mine says these can easily break even with cheap electricity.

He's right, if you pay for electricity, no roi
Pages:
Jump to: