Pages:
Author

Topic: Blue Fury Support Thread. - page 19. (Read 89537 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
November 13, 2013, 11:04:20 AM

My Pi is giving an average of 2.33 on MinePeon, with an average of 2.24 at the pool. No special mods, no special drivers, just:-    -S BPM:all

Reject rate is 0.81%    HW Error rate is 59.23%     simple maths says this is not a true error rate.

Peon shows 2.33Gh less 0.81% =  2.311Gh    The pool shows 2.24Gh so corrected HW error rate must be 3.07%                 

The extra 56.16% is probably down to running a 5Gh chip at less than 2.5Gh.

Git pull was done 7th nov     BFGMiner 3.4.0. Peon 0.2.4       (I will do another later.     Version 3.6.0 is now out.)

Edit:-  New git pull                BFGMiner 3.5.1  Peon 0.2.4.2

Reject rate is now  1.47%    HW Error rate is 4.39%

Peon shows 2.31Gh less 1.47% =  2.27Gh    The pool shows 2.16Gh so corrected HW error rate must be 4.85% 

Reject rate is up, HW error rate has dropped,  but so has my pool rate  Cry 

The moral is:- do not mess to much
Activity: 630
Merit: 501
Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.
November 13, 2013, 10:39:04 AM

Thanks we will take that into consideration for the next batch. It is my understanding that the heatsinks where sourced at a rush because we didn't want to delay shipping any further.

I just remembered I have a temp probe.  Would you like me to measure the temps and report back?  I could do that later on this evening if you'd like.
I don't have the equipment to accurately measure temperature, sorry.

Read what I said again...

I'm offering to report temps to you.  So you can see what temps real world units are reaching when overclocking using the bent piece of foil heat sink.
Sorry my bad, yes if you can report temperatures to me that would be a great help!

Thanks

Thanks we will take that into consideration for the next batch. It is my understanding that the heatsinks where sourced at a rush because we didn't want to delay shipping any further.

I just remembered I have a temp probe.  Would you like me to measure the temps and report back?  I could do that later on this evening if you'd like.

My Pi is giving an average of 2.33 on MinePeon, with an average of 2.24 at the pool. No special mods, no special drivers, just:-    -S BPM:all

Reject rate is 0.81%    HW Error rate is 59.23%

simple maths says this is not a true error rate.

2.33Gh less 0.81% =  2.311Gh    The pool shows 2.24Gh so corrected HW error rate must be 3.07%                 

So with 2.24Gh at the pool I am quite happy for now.

In short ignore the HW error rate, Its not true.  The actual figure reported at the pool is the one that pays you.

Sounds like a old version of bfgminer?
Try a git pull

Git pull was done saturday.     BFGMiner 3.4.0. Peon 0.2.4       I will do another later.     Version 3.6.0 is now out.

Unless it makes the device hash faster does it matter?    HW error is just a number.    Luke could program it to read 0.00 all the time if he was inclined.

It just gives an accurate hw error %
But if it doesn't worry you then it is ok.
November 13, 2013, 10:12:22 AM

2.33Gh less 0.81% =  2.311Gh    The pool shows 2.24Gh so corrected HW error rate must be 3.07%                 

In short ignore the HW error rate, Its not true.  The actual figure reported at the pool is the one that pays you.

Try a git pull

Git pull was done saturday.     BFGMiner 3.4.0. Peon 0.2.4       I will do another later.     Version 3.6.0 is now out.

Unless it makes the device hash faster does it matter?    HW error is just a number.    Luke could program it to read 0.00 all the time if he was inclined.

Activity: 1246
November 13, 2013, 10:07:30 AM

Read what I said again...

I'm offering to report temps to you.  So you can see what temps real world units are reaching when overclocking using the bent piece of foil heat sink.
November 13, 2013, 10:04:43 AM

Try a git pull
November 13, 2013, 10:02:10 AM

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
November 13, 2013, 09:57:38 AM
Change the resistor and put a decent heat sink on.  

The one supplied with my two units are pathetic, and even with a fan rammed up against them, they're running at holyomgshithot temps at 2.4GH.  The ones on the RedFurys looks like they could cope, but the heat sink on my Blue Fury is more like something I'd put on a 7805.

At the moment Win7 and have tried bfg 3.2 and all later versions and see no hw errors on 3.2 and a lot on 3.6
Tonight I will put it onto my Pi at home and see how it does.

Zero hw errors is a nice thing to see :-)
Please try 3.6 as it gives a better understanding of the error rate. 3.2 ignores the errors and doesn't display them.

Can you please define lots

Thanks

Ok thanks I will do that
November 13, 2013, 09:57:00 AM

November 13, 2013, 09:55:38 AM

Blah, feel free to feel the way you feel about what I post. In all honesty, I couldn't care less. It's not helping anyone either, but I hope you got your daily portion of "let's be negative at random forum people"
You're better off trying to help all the people who are not getting what they've paid for.

I think if you read my posts, you'll find a LOT of my posts are indeed help.  Either directly to other users, or with developers in bug reports.  Only a small proportion are 'STFU dumbass' posts.  Those posts are reserved for a select few, FYI.
November 13, 2013, 09:55:11 AM

The one supplied with my two units are pathetic, and even with a fan rammed up against them, they're running at holyomgshithot temps at 2.4GH.  The ones on the RedFurys looks like they could cope, but the heat sink on my Blue Fury is more like something I'd put on a 7805.

At the moment Win7 and have tried bfg 3.2 and all later versions and see no hw errors on 3.2 and a lot on 3.6

Please try 3.6 as it gives a better understanding of the error rate. 3.2 ignores the errors and doesn't display them.

Can you please define lots

Thanks
November 13, 2013, 09:51:54 AM

November 13, 2013, 09:50:28 AM

November 13, 2013, 09:48:12 AM
Hi Beastly,

As mentioned earlier mine is pootling around at about 1.9ghash

I suspect the variation is all the outputs seen is the tolerance on your resistors.

The 223's I believe typically have a 5% tolerance

Regards
 Marc
It could be a resistor issue. We are considering changing the resistor for the next batch. But we wanted to keep the units in a "safe zone" so as to prolong the life of the device and stop and potential issues that may be caused by straining the chip.

What mining software have you tried and what OS is your host computer?
November 13, 2013, 09:39:10 AM
Hi Beastly,

As mentioned earlier mine is pootling around at about 1.9ghash

I suspect the variation is all the outputs seen is the tolerance on your resistors.

The 223's I believe typically have a 5% tolerance

Regards
 Marc
November 13, 2013, 09:32:31 AM
The hw errors are from the chip itself. I would say anything over 10% hw errors after atleast 6 hours testing is potentially faulty and you should contact your groupbuy leader to go through the RMA process.

We are replacing broken units currently. If you have problems with your device and it arrived broken. If it has been modefied or the board is damaged in anyway then we can't replace it.

Feel free to ask me questions but I don't have enough hours in the day to answer them all. Also other members are helpful and step in to fix problems that is what I like to see a community behind a new product. In regards to the performance not being 2.7 as we thought it would be that was already answered.

Anymore questions?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
November 13, 2013, 09:18:16 AM
Sadly enough I'm starting to feel the bluefury isn't a good product.

That's your opinion.  You obviously don't remember the clusterfuck the Block Erupters were when they came out.
It's sold as 2.2-2.7ghs but many people don't even get above 2ghs. Besides that it seems many miners are bad products, only mining half speed or lower, and the amount of HW errors on all devices is just so high.
People have to do pencil mod tricks to get some decent speeds. (and I'd like to add, please remove those posts from this thread, pencil-modding a device has nothing to do with support)

The pencil mods should stay.  Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it should be removed from the thread.  This is a support thread.  Where people go to learn about the product they paid for.
Also I see many questions and little answers.

I see more complaining and crying, especially from you.
Hoping there will be something like new drivers or firmware that will fix this, but slowly I feel it was a bad buy, especially considering the price we paid.

Opinions are like arse-holes.  Everyone has one, and most of them stink.

Blah, feel free to feel the way you feel about what I post. In all honesty, I couldn't care less. It's not helping anyone either, but I hope you got your daily portion of "let's be negative at random forum people"
You're better off trying to help all the people who are not getting what they've paid for.

Point still stands they're sold as 2.2-2.7ghs and I see hardly anyone actually achieving this speed.
Point also still stands there are many HW errors
Point also still stands that many devices are just broken
And finally the point also still stands that many people have questions and beastlymac only replies now and then on stuff like compensations, but isn't coming with a solution for people who are lacking speed in their miners.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
November 13, 2013, 09:01:52 AM
Maidak has been distributing cause I got mine from his group buy :-)
November 13, 2013, 08:49:09 AM
Has ANYONE received their compensation yet?
All groupbuy leaders have received the compensation. You will need to talk with them. I have seen Maidak, OutCast and SSINC already distributing it.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
November 13, 2013, 08:45:31 AM
Has ANYONE received their compensation yet?
November 13, 2013, 08:14:58 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 BF1 0: BF1 15122A0B |  1.92/ 1.92/ 1.84Gh/s | A:128 R:2+0(3.0%) HW:0/none
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A rather disappointing speed from my new acquisition.
Pages:
Jump to: