Pages:
Author

Topic: Blue Fury Support Thread. - page 16. (Read 89537 times)

Activity: 291
Merit: 250
Scam-Busting PSA: Beware of Black Arrow Software
November 18, 2013, 08:51:33 AM
I did exactely that. Installed the download Version and dit an git pull.

My moded BF1 has an average of 2.49 at the bitminter pool.

Edit: Next step on the Mod-Stick: Messing arround with the resistors for the LED.
They seem to get pretty hot ... Trying to fix that ;-)

Keep us updated with how you get on please, would happily disable the LED's on mine just to stop the blinking! Much prefer to watch the stats roll up on screen.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
November 18, 2013, 08:24:31 AM
With the power limitations from a USB supply, those LED's are a bit big and bright.
Those few mA saved would be better sent to the chip.
Activity: 280
November 18, 2013, 07:34:23 AM
I did exactely that. Installed the download Version and dit an git pull.

My moded BF1 has an average of 2.49 at the bitminter pool.

Edit: Next step on the Mod-Stick: Messing arround with the resistors for the LED.
They seem to get pretty hot ... Trying to fix that ;-)
November 18, 2013, 07:21:13 AM
Download MinePeon 0.2.4

Then do a git pull to update it. 0.2.4.2

My 9 Blues and 1 Red are running now for 2 weeks with no problems averaging 2.2Gh at the pool.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
November 18, 2013, 06:38:49 AM
At home, I'm running the newest Minepeon with the newest bfgminer for min. 23 hours strait without any Problem.

Did you update to the newest Version ??

Right now I'm running the soldered stick with bfgminer 3.6. No big diff in speed ....

Which version of minepeon and bfgminer? Did you git-pull bfgminer to a newer one? please specify.
The bfgminer version for raspian from the first post seems buggy.
November 18, 2013, 06:24:30 AM
At home, I'm running the newest Minepeon with the newest bfgminer for min. 23 hours strait without any Problem.

Did you update to the newest Version ??

Right now I'm running the soldered stick with bfgminer 3.6. No big diff in speed ....
Activity: 42
November 18, 2013, 06:12:46 AM
I still have to run my two BFs on a Raspberry Pi with bfgminer 3.0.2 from the tutorial in the first post.
My problem now: They tend to loose connection to the Raspberry Pi after 12 hours requiring a reboot.

How do I fix this? Could somebody please help me setup BFGminer 3.2.0. and / or update the first post?

Thanks a lot!

PS: One pencil modded BF kept getting SICK / DEAD so I undid the pencilling for now...
November 18, 2013, 04:57:36 AM
OK. Here's what I have tryed: Our EE having fun with the BF1! He soldered some restors to the 22k resistor.

Original 22k: 2.33 gh/s
Original 22k + 18k: 2.55 gh/s
Original 22k + 18k + 100k: 2.6 gh/s

Temp is rising ;-) But suprisingly, the LED is allmost the hottest part on the board !! +/- 60° C !

Question: What are the 3 numbers hehind the "BF1 0:" ??
Right now, ist on: 2.59 / 2.60 / 2.30 GH/s  ¦  A:334  R:0+0(none)  HW: 0/None

And what are the numbers above ththat line ??
Line starts with: 1 ¦ 2.73 / 2.59 / 2.33 GH/s ¦ A:406 R:1+0 (.33%)

Got that!

I'm using bfgminer V 3.2.0

Thanks
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
November 18, 2013, 12:57:06 AM
Hello, I am quite new to mining. i got a couple block erupters working over the summer but I have a feeling the difficulties i has then i messing with me once again. I tried several versions of cgminer and bfgminer but the only version that would work without immediately crashing was cgminer 3.1.1

Now I have a couple Blue Fury's and I followed the directions as per this forum (thanks for that). Got the driver in. but when I start it, it freezes as soon as it says "started bfgminer 3.2.o

I am hoping that its just something simple i am messing up

I have tried these Bat file things:

bfgminer.exe -S "BF1:all" -o stratum+tcp://stratum.btcguild.com:3333 -u xxxxx -p xxx
bfgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://stratum.btcguild.com:3333 -u xxxxx -p xxx -S bitfury:/dev/ttyACMO

i tried this which was suggested to someone else:
bfgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://stratum.btcguild.com:3333 -u xxxxx -p xxx -S bitfury:/dev/ttyACMO -D -d?
I got maybe a dozen lines that said the following before once again crashing:
 ft232r_scan: Found 1d6b:0001 - not a ft232r

Thanks for any help you can provide
oh and i am running on windows 7
If you check your 'devices and printers' do you get the BF to shows as a com:xx device?  Maybe your configuration follows the cgminer one, where these USB miners use WinUSB drivers, rather than (serial) Com port drivers?
If you don't get a Com:xx assignment for your BF, you'll need to reinstall the special BF driver provided in the early part of this thread.
Note that there is a newer version of bfgminer (3.6.0) which supports the BF's, so you may want to try that as well (it seems to handle the HW errors a bit better, and doesn't 'hide' them like the 3.2.0 does).
I've been using a batch file similar to
bfgminer.exe -S bigpic:all -o stratum+tcp://stratum.btcguild.com:3333 -u xxxxx -p xxx

Good luck
Activity: 7
November 17, 2013, 10:50:23 PM
Hello, I am quite new to mining. i got a couple block erupters working over the summer but I have a feeling the difficulties i has then i messing with me once again. I tried several versions of cgminer and bfgminer but the only version that would work without immediately crashing was cgminer 3.1.1

Now I have a couple Blue Fury's and I followed the directions as per this forum (thanks for that). Got the driver in. but when I start it, it freezes as soon as it says "started bfgminer 3.2.o

I am hoping that its just something simple i am messing up

I have tried these Bat file things:

bfgminer.exe -S "BF1:all" -o stratum+tcp://stratum.btcguild.com:3333 -u xxxxx -p xxx
bfgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://stratum.btcguild.com:3333 -u xxxxx -p xxx -S bitfury:/dev/ttyACMO

i tried this which was suggested to someone else:
bfgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://stratum.btcguild.com:3333 -u xxxxx -p xxx -S bitfury:/dev/ttyACMO -D -d?
I got maybe a dozen lines that said the following before once again crashing:
 ft232r_scan: Found 1d6b:0001 - not a ft232r

Thanks for any help you can provide
oh and i am running on windows 7
Activity: 734
November 17, 2013, 06:37:08 AM
I'm running 14 BF atm, plugged in three 10 port Hubs (5/5/4) and these Hubs are connected to another Hub which is connected to the RasPi running Minepeon.
If I only plug one (5) Hub to the Main Hub they are running easy above 2 Gh. But when all three Hubs are plugged to the main Hub, it seems they are quite slower. Any Ideas?
Power issue ? How much A have HUB each power supply ?

Each Hub has a PSU with 3,5 A. Should be enough. Only the main Hub with no BFs has no PSU. I'll try to power that one, but I don't think thats responsible.

I did not think that would matter, but now everything is doing fine! With 14 BFs I have a middle range of 2.255 Gh/s. Could be better, but is much better than before.
Thanks for your Support!
November 17, 2013, 05:45:18 AM
I'm running 14 BF atm, plugged in three 10 port Hubs (5/5/4) and these Hubs are connected to another Hub which is connected to the RasPi running Minepeon.
If I only plug one (5) Hub to the Main Hub they are running easy above 2 Gh. But when all three Hubs are plugged to the main Hub, it seems they are quite slower. Any Ideas?

What is the Pi reporting for temperature and loading?
November 16, 2013, 07:40:27 PM

Each Hub has a PSU with 3,5 A. Should be enough. Only the main Hub with no BFs has no PSU. I'll try to power that one, but I don't think thats responsible.
Activity: 122
Merit: 10
November 16, 2013, 06:42:26 PM
November 16, 2013, 06:29:54 PM
Activity: 291
Scam-Busting PSA: Beware of Black Arrow Software
November 16, 2013, 03:27:36 PM
Just checking back in with my personal results for the pencil mod on my test stick as promised:

PRE-PENCIL MOD. No added airflow. Stock heatsink.
R15 = 0.97 (measured at 20k)
HW's = 7.58%
2.182GH/s (5s avg)

PENCIL MOD. No added airflow. Stock heatsink measured at @ 60.1deg C
R15 = 0.85 (measured at 20k)
HW's = 14.4%
2.658GH/s (5s avg)

PENCIL MOD +. Heatsink removed, swapped for a CPU hsf unit. measured at @ 29deg C
R15 = 0.85 (measured at 20k)
HW's = 9.89%
2.732GH/s (5s avg)

So in summary I've got a 25.2% increase in throughput with a 2.3% additional increase in errors.

I'll see how it continues to perform over the next couple of days. Swapping to an cpu hsf unit has worked out well, I'll be doing it on some of my other non usb devices. I've replaced the 4 pin connector with a stripped down usb lead (it's drawing 0.1A), obviously it's only being powered by 5v rather than 12v so the throughput is less, but it's plenty sufficient and means it runs silently. These CPU hsf units have been designed for maximum heat dissipation performance for years, might aswell make the most of it. No materials cost implication either, because it's one I kept from an old dual core unit in the bottom of a drawer.

Activity: 630
Merit: 501
Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.
November 16, 2013, 10:53:25 AM
If it is running you don't need to do anything and in future please refrain from quoting such a big post.

Thanks
Activity: 59
November 16, 2013, 10:50:01 AM
Installation tutorials for compatiable mining software.

REFLASHING FIRMWARE
Download link. http://www.mediafire.com/download/ggogpoch3mropbs/BF1-Firmware.zip
Make sure to download the "dfu-programmer" package.
This can be done by typing "Sudo apt-get install dfu-programmer"
The firmware is the same as the one that shipped with the device

http://i.imgur.com/FWzRBg9.png

reserved for FAQ

New official version of cgminer, 3.5.0, now contains support for red/bluefury devices on linux and windows.

Raspian setup

<< Raspbian Wheezy Setup Cgminer>>

.deb for raspbian : https://mega.co.nz/#!HdZWXaJL!f8Tq2Td275SK1Dkv0KiBYAQQuFN00vfsuL3v7_cIrsE

Instructions:
Code:
sudo apt-get update #Make sure repos are up to date
sudo dpkg -i cgminer_3.5.0-1_armhf.deb #May complain about missing dependencies, dont panic next step takes care of it
sudo apt-get -f install #Installs the needed dependencies and then failed cgminer form above step.

built using :-
--disable-opencl --disable-adl --enable-bflsc --enable-bitforce --enable-icarus --enable-modminer --enable-ztex --enable-avalon --enable-bitfury

And hash away.
http://i.imgur.com/Pn7be4m.jpg

<< Linux Installation Instructions >>

Ubuntu Linux Setup Instructions :

1 ) Download Ubuntu x64 from : http://www.ubuntu.com/download/desktop

2 ) Install on a PC or on a Virtual Machine.

3 ) Once installed Find and Open Terminal by pressing CTRL + ALT + T

4 ) Type the following lines and press enter after each one :

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:theturtle1983/mining
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install bfgminer

5 ) Plug in your Blue Fury Miner in your favorite USB hub/port

6 ) Find the Blue Fury device name in your /Dev Folder. Mine was named ttyACM0 (yours should be similar)

http://i.imgur.com/AgKX2yZs.jpg

7 ) Type the following into Terminal :
Code:
sudo bfgminer -o [pool name] -u [username] -p [password] -S bitfury:/dev/ttyACM0
*obviously change everything in brackets to your personal pool settings.

8 ) Hash Away!  Grin

http://i.imgur.com/7F8HS7ns.jpg

<< Windows 7 Installation Instructions >>
video guide.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUtcah8iSNE

1 ) Download Alpha Drivers Here : http://www.mediafire.com/download/819me4zvdju8lyg/bfgminerWin.zip

2 ) Extract and note where the bf1.ini is located in the folder.

3 ) Plug in your Blue Fury Miner and go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and printers

4 ) Right Click on the Bitfury BF1 Device go to Properties > Hardware > Properties > Change Settings > Driver > Update Driver

5 ) Select "Browse My computer for Driver Software"

6 ) Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

7 ) Select "Have Disk", Browse to the bfgminerWin folder and Select bf1.ini

8 ) Select Install and it will give you a warning that the driver is NOT SIGNED. Press okay.

9 ) Now that the Driver is installed navigate to bfgminerWin > bfgminer32

10 ) Edit the #Mine.bat file in Notepad and change everything after "-O" to your own mining pool information and save.

11 ) Double click #Mine.bat and start mining Smiley

http://i.imgur.com/SQ6xdMls.jpg

I have a red fury and I'm currently mining, do I need to apply this???
Activity: 448
November 15, 2013, 10:35:53 PM
Just started using bfg today for my first asic machine (red fury usbs - aww cute)
in the supplied #miner.bat file theres a cmd to insert your BTC address... ive only used cuda miner before for scrypt mining, i also tried gui and cgmier and never saw a line to add the BTC address in the bat file - is this essential? its freaking me out...
:p
thanks!
That is for elgius pool that is what you use as a username.
i see, thanks!
Activity: 630
Merit: 501
Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.
November 15, 2013, 10:22:10 PM
Just started using bfg today for my first asic machine (red fury usbs - aww cute)
in the supplied #miner.bat file theres a cmd to insert your BTC address... ive only used cuda miner before for scrypt mining, i also tried gui and cgmier and never saw a line to add the BTC address in the bat file - is this essential? its freaking me out...
:p
thanks!
That is for elgius pool that is what you use as a username.
Pages:
Jump to: