Pages:
Author

Topic: [ Bonus PPS Pool - 130% PPS - OPEN ] - page 14. (Read 93964 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
June 27, 2012, 09:38:03 PM
That's why I love my basement, no flooding and my cards never go above 62C  Cheesy
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
June 27, 2012, 08:20:08 PM
Please note that my hashrate will decrease by ~10% on afternoons due to the extreme temperature here as my cards will downclock themselves when the temperature >78*C. I'm not hopping or doing anything of the sort.  Wink  

i just had to down-clock mine also today. Damn 102 degrees out makes my room feel like 120 with these GPUs going haha.

In the garage FTW... Wait, actually no... The recent storms flooded my garage. The water got to my fan and misted my whole rack of computers frying two of my motherboards. Actually, $140 later and down time later = FAIL!

Had a ton of rain this side of the world during the week, flooded powerstation overnight and fried some of my farm sitting at home.

Glorious week. Smiley
Activity: 472
Merit: 250
June 27, 2012, 08:15:41 PM
Please note that my hashrate will decrease by ~10% on afternoons due to the extreme temperature here as my cards will downclock themselves when the temperature >78*C. I'm not hopping or doing anything of the sort.  Wink 

i just had to down-clock mine also today. Damn 102 degrees out makes my room feel like 120 with these GPUs going haha.

In the garage FTW... Wait, actually no... The recent storms flooded my garage. The water got to my fan and misted my whole rack of computers frying two of my motherboards. Actually, $140 later and down time later = FAIL!
June 27, 2012, 07:49:49 PM
Phew, need to get alot more automation done asap, that took a while to work through some of the stats.

Anyhow, its all processed to history for payout tomorrow(erm today my time) and now enjoy some of the lowest(if not the lowest) stale/reject rates you will see anywhere. Smiley
June 27, 2012, 05:30:49 PM
Ok, got the "worrying" flag removed.

I hope noone had any nervous breakdowns or multiple heart attacks when they saw it, again it was an error and got broadcast on all accounts, I will fix that in the meantime.
June 27, 2012, 05:21:17 PM
Huh.. oh well.  I just got done changing all of my config files on all my rigs to disable Bonuspool, that sucks.

Ive given 4days lead time that I cant sustain the current rate with my setup until I make drastic changes in the backend to handle more users. This is hurting me more than anyone else but if I dont do this everyone will continue to suffer with unreliability and constant issues.

I either had to tell a bunch of users to leave or make the sensible decision to give dedicated miners the first option to continue mining knowing that if I stop supporting GPUMAX/Backup users most of them would likely leave removing the neccesary stress from the pool for now.

This is a temporary solution and I had no other sensible short term solution. Its a painfull learning process and the influx of users in the last month along with influx of GH that most of them didnt declare from the start it really got things way shaky leaving me no option but to redo/relook all backend options for growth. :/
legendary
Activity: 1260
June 27, 2012, 05:18:39 PM
Huh.. oh well.  I just got done changing all of my config files on all my rigs to disable Bonuspool, that sucks.
June 27, 2012, 05:15:19 PM
Dont stress, I was busy testing it out and something went screwy, you can safely ignore that flag and will have it sorted out.

For some reason it is posted to every account and it shouldnt, Gaaah.

Again, dont worry about it, its a testing gone wrong and it wont affect your earnings automaticly ever even once I start assigning it next payment cycle.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
June 27, 2012, 05:07:35 PM
I have the pool hopping flag on my account.  I'm here to stay from this upcoming payment cycle onwards though.

Edit: Is it normal for the 5 minutes hash rate on the stats page to be off?  Frequently, it will state a 0 hash rate, but then very shortly afterwards, it will show double my actual hash rate.
June 27, 2012, 04:43:40 PM
GPUMAX/BACKUP USERS FINAL REMINDER:

In just over an hour from this post the current payment cycle will finish and from the first submitted shares in the new payment cycle the pool will not allow any users who make use of bonuspool as their Backup pool.

When I detect you as a user who obviously use Bonuspool as a backup pool you will get flagged with a notice on your userstats indicating this.

I will be working on the seperate backup nodes properly and isolated from the dedicated nodes in the coming week and will update this thread as soon as backup users are allowed again.

Thanks for understanding.
legendary
Activity: 1064
June 27, 2012, 02:37:14 PM
Please note that my hashrate will decrease by ~10% on afternoons due to the extreme temperature here as my cards will downclock themselves when the temperature >78*C. I'm not hopping or doing anything of the sort.  Wink 

Those are some fine temps Wink

Good thing its finally winter in this part of the world, now I can save some extra money by limiting the coolings in my farm room.

One thing that I am lucky about, my farm is in my finished basement which is always at least 10 degrees cooler than the rest of the house, even with the vents closed for the A/C.

In fact, the heat the farm generates actually makes my office in the basement comfortable, and not like a refrigerator.  Grin
June 27, 2012, 01:23:59 PM

Those are some fine temps Wink

Good thing its finally winter in this part of the world, now I can save some extra money by limiting the coolings in my farm room.
Activity: 576
Merit: 500
June 27, 2012, 01:19:16 PM

June 27, 2012, 08:21:35 AM
Looking into few issues, will be up in few minutes at most.

EDIT: Ok back up, seems good now.
June 27, 2012, 08:02:28 AM
Please note that my hashrate will decrease by ~10% on afternoons due to the extreme temperature here as my cards will downclock themselves when the temperature >78*C. I'm not hopping or doing anything of the sort.  Wink  

Dont worry, the GPUMAX/Backup users are very obvious, you will be fine. Smiley

Eitherway people will be notified first either by email or on their stats dashboard and if it persists they will be penalised.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227
Away on an extended break
June 27, 2012, 07:50:36 AM
June 27, 2012, 07:02:16 AM
GPUMAX/BACKUP USERS REMINDER:

Please remember that if you dont intend to mine on Bonuspool from the next paymentcycle in 11hours from this post then please stop pointing GH to Bonuspool since you will be penalised this time around at 90% PPS if you continue to mine with us.

I will let everyone know when they can get back on as soon as I have the new setup in place.
Activity: 1078
June 26, 2012, 05:06:05 PM
TRUST Smiley
June 26, 2012, 04:21:46 PM
Looks like Clipse doesnt want you to outhop him  Tongue

Anyway;  for those miners that Clipse no longer wants, and those that dont mind truth and transparency, who dont want to be limited in how they can maximize mining profits between pool hopping and gpumax, here is a solution:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-puppet-master-earn-much-more-than-110-pps-90062

Why settle for 110% anyway?

I wont drop to your shitty standards and shit in your thread, but since you came here how about this. Why would people pay you an upfront fee and an ongoing percentage without any gaurantee of earnings however you boldy claim more than 110% and then you claim you dont gaurantee any earnings.

I never said anything about not wanting miners however right now I must do the responsible thing for those who keep the service alive and offer them first a reliable pool while I work on supporting the less reliable miners but reading my comments like that would not play well with your fud posts.

Go sell all the cookies you want in your own store, I dont take kindly to hawking idiots.

Threadcrapping must be a disease and you must be the carrier.
legendary
Activity: 1064
June 26, 2012, 04:16:06 PM
Looks like Clipse doesnt want you to outhop him  Tongue

Anyway;  for those miners that Clipse no longer wants, and those that dont mind truth and transparency, who dont want to be limited in how they can maximize mining profits between pool hopping and gpumax, here is a solution:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-puppet-master-earn-much-more-than-110-pps-90062

Why settle for 110% anyway?

Well that was real classy.

Yeah, in his post he talks about the "end of bit coin mining",relying on the information on how difficulty will skyrocket when ASIC becomes available. What he fails to mention,is the cost involved in both hardware and electrical will drop SUBSTANTIALLY. We are seeing the end of GPU mining over the next year, I predict, however it will be replaced by cheaper and much more energy efficient ASIC and better FPGA.
Pages:
Jump to: