Pages:
Author

Topic: [ Bonus PPS Pool - 130% PPS - OPEN ] - page 18. (Read 94008 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 502
June 23, 2012, 06:06:44 PM
Before anyone thats new to the pool post stats aint updating, im busy with payout history as usual and the new payment cycle running stats will be updated and counting once I am done.  Smiley
Activity: 1078
June 23, 2012, 06:03:23 PM
Seems fine for me Smiley
June 23, 2012, 04:26:32 PM
Is it down for everybody, or is it just me? Seems I started connection errors about 20 minutes ago, and while my back-ups are happy to see me again... I like it here darn it!

Was down for just a minute now other than that its been up, is it connecting now ?

I doubt the minute downtime just now was related since you were unable to connect 20minutes ago allready.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
June 23, 2012, 04:25:43 PM
Is it down for everybody, or is it just me? Seems I started connection errors about 20 minutes ago, and while my back-ups are happy to see me again... I like it here darn it!
June 23, 2012, 04:05:06 PM
Yeah, I have a working cgminer installed as well as Phoenix2.  I get 10% high hash rate with Phoenix2 though.  So, cgminer is definitely my last resort.

Which kernel do you use in cgminer and phoenix2 ? I used to run poclbm+phatk2 / phoenix2 + phatk2 and my cgminer setup is on par if not faster than the old setup.

Also make sure its not an old cgminer version in case you havnt updated, alot of updates happened recently.

Lastly, try increase you getwork queue size for phoenix2 from its default value by 1 and see if that works better.

Thanks for the ideas.  I'm going to give it a shot later tonight.  I have to go help my sister-in-law move.  Oh how I wish that mining software could be a priority over helping her move. Smiley

Hehe np

Just something to remember when using cgminer make use of the following launch switches by using phatk for 5xxx/6xxx cards and diakgcn for 7xxx cards, cgminer -k phatk/or diakgcn --no-submit-stale --no-pool-disable  then the rest of the stuff you can enter once as it prompts then in the gui simply goto pool management to configure the backup pools then to settings and write the config, next time you simply need to run cgminer without any extra switches.

If you knew all that, ignore what I said. Smiley

Okay.  So, I finally got time to update cgminer and make sure everything was working fine. I think I'm good to go now.

I ended up having to help my sister-in-law move not only day night I made my original post, but also, after leaving there at 11:00 p.m., I had to return to help again the next morning at 7:45 a.m.  So, I wasn't able to mine for here for at least 48 hours.  I doubt I'm going to make the 500MH/s cut for the bonus.  Bah!

Im not an evil bastid, you will receive exactly what you have displayed on your stats page, which includes the 10% bonus as you can see. Smiley

I apply that rule very softly and if someone is clearly just trying to ignore it all out I would contact them and ask whats going on and rectify the "problem".
June 23, 2012, 04:03:24 PM
Good to hear... It's a great little progy for mining Smiley
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
June 23, 2012, 04:02:12 PM
Yeah, I have a working cgminer installed as well as Phoenix2.  I get 10% high hash rate with Phoenix2 though.  So, cgminer is definitely my last resort.

Which kernel do you use in cgminer and phoenix2 ? I used to run poclbm+phatk2 / phoenix2 + phatk2 and my cgminer setup is on par if not faster than the old setup.

Also make sure its not an old cgminer version in case you havnt updated, alot of updates happened recently.

Lastly, try increase you getwork queue size for phoenix2 from its default value by 1 and see if that works better.

Thanks for the ideas.  I'm going to give it a shot later tonight.  I have to go help my sister-in-law move.  Oh how I wish that mining software could be a priority over helping her move. Smiley

Hehe np

Just something to remember when using cgminer make use of the following launch switches by using phatk for 5xxx/6xxx cards and diakgcn for 7xxx cards, cgminer -k phatk/or diakgcn --no-submit-stale --no-pool-disable  then the rest of the stuff you can enter once as it prompts then in the gui simply goto pool management to configure the backup pools then to settings and write the config, next time you simply need to run cgminer without any extra switches.

If you knew all that, ignore what I said. Smiley

Okay.  So, I finally got time to update cgminer and make sure everything was working fine. I think I'm good to go now.

I ended up having to help my sister-in-law move not only day night I made my original post, but also, after leaving there at 11:00 p.m., I had to return to help again the next morning at 7:45 a.m.  So, I wasn't able to mine for here for at least 48 hours.  I doubt I'm going to make the 500MH/s cut for the bonus.  Bah!
June 22, 2012, 06:06:19 PM
Sorry about the 2 crashes, server fell on its knees for a sec. Should be as good as it'll get now until I get the extra 2 server nodes up in a few days.
June 22, 2012, 05:13:28 PM
k... if stales reach 10%+ you pay me 190% for 24hrs   Roll Eyes

We can talk about it then, not do it then. Smiley
June 22, 2012, 05:02:32 PM
k... if stales reach 10%+ you pay me 190% for 24hrs   Roll Eyes
June 22, 2012, 04:41:17 PM
Quick reset, gotta increase the current pool caching for the influx of trolls and they hashing powahs. Smiley

re rates: When you start seeing more stales than the extra earnings we can talk Wink
June 22, 2012, 04:16:07 PM
Does that mean we get a 80% increase on the PPS rate? Tongue Tongue...

have a nice weekend bud Smiley
June 22, 2012, 04:03:11 PM
Waiting for 2 new dedicated server allocations, I should have it within the next 48hrs. In the meantime I will test the configuration to end up on that.
June 22, 2012, 02:09:37 PM
Is this simply a case of too much hashing power being directed @ bonus pool? Would be interesting/fun to see a page with server load/throughput stats.

Too much irratic hashrate bumps due to alot of come-and-go'ers. I will have that sorted out though. Smiley
Activity: 697
Merit: 500
June 22, 2012, 01:59:44 PM
Is this simply a case of too much hashing power being directed @ bonus pool? Would be interesting/fun to see a page with server load/throughput stats.
June 22, 2012, 01:24:49 PM
Server is a tad overloaded right now and you may notice occasional stalerate spikes but shouldnt be much higher at all.

As said before I will look into best approach to deal with this scaling issue over the weekend.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
June 22, 2012, 07:28:21 AM
I send in stales/rejects... Has been working fine. under 1% Smiley
Note that KNOWN stales in cgminer do not count towards disabling a pool. It is only if there is a 3 minute run of unexpected rejects in a row without a single accepted share. Only an extreme situation would cause this. Using --no-submit-stale does not change the chance of hitting this either... As always I put a lot of thought into my defaults. Using --no-submit-stale only decreases the reported stale rate and occasionally you miss out on a possible share you would have gotten paid for due to laxity at the pool end so you lose nothing but stats by submitting them.

Defaults are perfect for me.

Don't use --no-submit-stale because there is a chance you might miss on a good share.

Don't use --no-pool-disable because I tested it and it works just fine on another pool which also had problems like Clipse's pool. It will stop talking if the pool freaks out and rejects all shares for like 5 minutes then it will come back up automatically when pool behaves again - I have this tested on LAN proxy too and it works extremely well FYI.

Thanks ckolivas !
June 22, 2012, 06:54:53 AM
That's what I figured.... with the stales/retards so low now...... I feel it makes no difference..... Smiley IMO.....
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
June 22, 2012, 06:47:21 AM
Note that KNOWN stales in cgminer do not count towards disabling a pool. It is only if there is a 3 minute run of unexpected rejects in a row without a single accepted share. Only an extreme situation would cause this. Using --no-submit-stale does not change the chance of hitting this either... As always I put a lot of thought into my defaults. Using --no-submit-stale only decreases the reported stale rate and occasionally you miss out on a possible share you would have gotten paid for due to laxity at the pool end so you lose nothing but stats by submitting them.
June 22, 2012, 06:46:02 AM

Yep it doesnt work sometimes but Ive actually tested this over a long run and from what I saw submitting stales caused high rejects/stales than using the no-submit-stale switch, each to their own and if people dont mind it then its fine with me, the difference wasnt big but definitely noticable.
Pages:
Jump to: