Pages:
Author

Topic: Bounties are STUPID - page 37. (Read 4894 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 0
July 30, 2018, 06:58:16 PM
What's the point in distributing 2% towards bounties??

Those people will flip the tokens as soon as they get them, and it's usually much less people than it looks like due to multi-account.

Also the quality of the post is very low even for hero and "legendary" members.

If I had a coin I would never ever distribute part of the tokens towards bounties; I'd see that as a kick in the nuts to legit ICO participants.
Maybe you will never have your own coins, because you do not seem to have the imagination of how to attract investors and make decentralization projects reach the goal.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034
July 30, 2018, 06:34:56 PM
Projects do it because it's effectively free marketing. It costs them nothing to award tokens. Of course, we know why participants take part in the programs. The issue does fundamentally lie in bounty hunters dumping on acquisition.

Bounty programs can instill a lock up period, but if it's too burdensome hunters will focus their efforts at other campaigns. For a change to happen, all campaigns would need to shift to lock up or staggered release standards.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
July 30, 2018, 06:19:58 PM
You're kind of right. I can't think of a time where a campaign really made me look farther and invest on a coin. Perhaps they were effective many years ago when there were less people into crypto and less ICOs. But if I was running an ICO I probably wouldn't do any bounties simply because of the quality of the post that many people give just to fill in a quora.

I would rather do an airdrop.
Activity: 418
Merit: 262
July 30, 2018, 06:16:41 PM
The question then is how do you get cheap labor to spread the word regarding your product?  I don't think for the measly bounty amounts people get your going to get Mark Twain type of writing skills and quality.  I think a lot of the time the projects are expecting world class content for pennies on the dollar.  

If the project is good, it will get good reviews from ICO trackers.

No people will ever invest serious money in anything shilled in signature campaigns.

Also the usual 2% bounties distribution is actually often a lot of money.. would cost much less to pay some popular bloggers to write some review.

Bounty campaigns give NO VALUE, at the expenses of ICO participants.

I now hate ICOs as I said in my thread, but even if I had to ever consider investing in one, I would not put a penny in it if the word "bounties" is in any chart.
Activity: 330
Merit: 101
Hi I'm KS03
July 30, 2018, 06:10:09 PM
The question then is how do you get cheap labor to spread the word regarding your product?  I don't think for the measly bounty amounts people get your going to get Mark Twain type of writing skills and quality.  I think a lot of the time the projects are expecting world class content for pennies on the dollar.  
Activity: 854
Merit: 100
July 30, 2018, 06:09:01 PM
Often times it's less than 2% but I do agree that most probably sell them immediately and maybe a lot of multi accounts.

Maybe because it's the limits of their brains or can even be because of they are sold accounts.

I think that often times it's worth it but there are times that things don't go as planned or maybe too much allotment to bounties.
Activity: 418
Merit: 262
July 30, 2018, 05:57:23 PM
What's the point in distributing 2% towards bounties??

Those people will flip the tokens as soon as they get them, and it's usually much less people than it looks like due to multi-account.

Also the quality of the post is very low even for hero and "legendary" members.

If I had a coin I would never ever distribute part of the tokens towards bounties; I'd see that as a kick in the nuts to legit ICO participants.
Pages:
Jump to: