Pages:
Author

Topic: Bounty hunting - work or a hobby? - page 5. (Read 1777 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 10
May 29, 2018, 03:29:19 PM
Bounty hunting is not a hobby. I considered it as a full time job. Because some bounty hunters worked 5 to 8 hours a day depending on how many projects they participated. And if you are earning a thousand bucks every month then it doesn't look like a hobby to me =)
Activity: 224
May 29, 2018, 03:10:41 PM
Perhaps more should be seen as a part-time job. There are also many people who do the bounty campaign full-time. I think everyone's situation is different. It takes a lot of time and energy.
Activity: 59
Merit: 1
May 29, 2018, 03:08:22 PM
well you should definitely pay tax on it, you need to on any 'hobby' that makes you money.
Activity: 1491
Merit: 320
🐪
May 29, 2018, 03:07:27 PM
For me its a kind of work not a hobby. But i really do enjoying  reading and posting comments. Im learning a lot about cryptocurency here. Actually i consider this as my second job. Smiley

I hope to have some profit from bounty but don't think it will happen so soon. I don't consider it as job, more as profitable hobby.
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
May 29, 2018, 03:05:31 PM
I think we should not consider bounty as the main job, but only as a part-time job. Although if you learn to understand the projects very well and choose often only good, then it's possible.
There are a lot of unemployed people in this forum who are forced to join the bounty and this is their only job. But I also think bounty will earn more money than work in the company
Activity: 108
May 29, 2018, 03:02:38 PM
If you already have a fulltime job with a good payment, you can do bounty as a hobby. But if you havent go a job and have a lot of free time like a student you can focus on bounty as a true work. If you really focus on it, it can brings you a good payment with not too much time.
Activity: 205
May 29, 2018, 03:01:54 PM
When I entered the cryptographic market, I participated in the hunt for bonuses and investments. For me, joining the bonus campaign is also a job. I spend time, effort to earn rewards.
Activity: 490
Merit: 110
May 29, 2018, 03:01:14 PM
I just posted a reply in another thread where the OP stated they considered bounty hunting was work with money paid to you for your time and resources, with it likened to running a small business. I felt rather that you’d ‘paid’ for the bounty tokens in your wallet with the time you’d used doing bounty tasks and reporting etc rather than with your own cryptocurrency or fiat, and that you needed to factor in as well the time wasted on other bounty campaigns where you didn’t get any reward/payment for your bounty work because the ICO didn’t make softcap or was unethical or a cashgrab or scam! In terms of whether bounty hunting should be seen as a part or full time job/small business or rather as a hobby where you may pick up a few dollars using your phone and computer and internet and time, I felt it would depend on each bounty hunter’s individual circumstances and prevailing tax and other laws in their country. I imagined that most bounty hunters here would treat it as a ‘hobby’ that may bring some reward of tokens that may or may not be worth anything, rather than as job giving predictable taxable income - but I’ve seen little discussion or information published about this however.

I’m interested in how bounty hunters here view their receiving of bounty tokens and the value from holding or selling them - as a hobby or as a job with taxable income? And also are bounty hunters aware of any tax or other ‘rules’ known to apply to tokens received or sold in the various countries we live in?

it depends on where you live and taxation in cryprtocurencies has alot of loopholes now and easy to tricked, i do bounty hunting a living and i find it a sustainable work to do unlike my previous job.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
May 29, 2018, 02:58:03 PM
i consider it to be hobby, it cant realy sustaine you
Activity: 107
May 29, 2018, 02:11:42 PM
It depend on the approach and mentality you have toward it. It can take months before you receive a reward,so I don't take it as a job but a hobby to enable me learn about a job in trading.
Activity: 224
May 29, 2018, 12:39:37 PM
I agree. Some bounties are very boring. But this is much better than doing heavy physical work or washing dishes.
A silly comparison in my opinion, there are always those who prefer physical labor, with a normalized schedule and a fixed salary... Undecided In the bounty sphere, you can not predict how much you will earn tomorrow and can not make special plans, even if you have been sent tokens for your work done in a couple of months, this payment can hang a dead weight in your ETH wallet... Lips sealed
Activity: 322
EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution
May 29, 2018, 12:38:58 PM
I do not consider work because it is not quite a stable income in one bounty can pay tokens, in another they can pull up to several months, others may just turn out to be a fraud, so it's very risky and you can not count on it
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
May 29, 2018, 12:36:40 PM
honestly the beginning of my first jump in the world bounty because just want to add pocket money and curious, whether we can earn money from the online world? and it turns out the result is very surprising, the money generated exceeds the average salary of employees, and finally now I try to continue to explore the bounty
Activity: 182
May 29, 2018, 12:28:03 PM
I just posted a reply in another thread where the OP stated they considered bounty hunting was work with money paid to you for your time and resources, with it likened to running a small business. I felt rather that you’d ‘paid’ for the bounty tokens in your wallet with the time you’d used doing bounty tasks and reporting etc rather than with your own cryptocurrency or fiat, and that you needed to factor in as well the time wasted on other bounty campaigns where you didn’t get any reward/payment for your bounty work because the ICO didn’t make softcap or was unethical or a cashgrab or scam! In terms of whether bounty hunting should be seen as a part or full time job/small business or rather as a hobby where you may pick up a few dollars using your phone and computer and internet and time, I felt it would depend on each bounty hunter’s individual circumstances and prevailing tax and other laws in their country. I imagined that most bounty hunters here would treat it as a ‘hobby’ that may bring some reward of tokens that may or may not be worth anything, rather than as job giving predictable taxable income - but I’ve seen little discussion or information published about this however.

I’m interested in how bounty hunters here view their receiving of bounty tokens and the value from holding or selling them - as a hobby or as a job with taxable income? And also are bounty hunters aware of any tax or other ‘rules’ known to apply to tokens received or sold in the various countries we live in?

For me, i treat bounty hunting as a work bec. In joining bounty it needs hardworks and even our time,we have to! Bec. We have task to complete ,we give our best for the success of the project so for me it is not a hobby or a kind of relaxation  and besides were earning with it .
Activity: 1056
Merit: 251
May 29, 2018, 11:52:00 AM
I agree. Some bounties are very boring. But this is much better than doing heavy physical work or washing dishes.
Activity: 297
Merit: 1
May 29, 2018, 11:50:27 AM
It depends in the perspective of the individual there people who would treat it as their work while other as a hobby. For me it is a hobby and a lifestyle, doing bounty already is a part of my everyday activity and I feel like I am missing something if I do not do it. I think thinking of it as a hobby relieves more stress specially if it turns out that the ICO are not good because you are not expecting much unlike if you treat it as work.
Activity: 518
May 29, 2018, 11:22:51 AM
for me doing bounty campaign is like a work different with hobby that always fun,sometimes doing bounty is boring but very helpful
Activity: 77
May 29, 2018, 11:17:23 AM
For me its a kind of work not a hobby. But i really do enjoying  reading and posting comments. Im learning a lot about cryptocurency here. Actually i consider this as my second job. Smiley
Activity: 244
May 29, 2018, 11:12:06 AM

I think that for some people and also for me we see Bounty Hunting as a job, we earn money through doing bounty campaigns. We bounty hunt and participate in bounty campaigns to earn money for our daily needs, like me for example I use tokens or money I earn from bounty campaigns to be able to pay for my needs like electricity, water, and other neccesities, that's why I see bounty hunting as a job.
Activity: 100
May 29, 2018, 10:50:36 AM
Really depends on your situation, I personally think it's a way to get involved into a project without investing, but I do sometimes enjoy doing bounties (usually content creating). But I can understand that if you are just sharing posts, must get tiresome.

If you are you are looking for a new interesting bounty, Unitalent seems like a great one, they are a Swiss based blockchain high skilled freelancing platform (think of Fiver with people who are highly skilled professionals. Link is below and I hope this helps!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/800000-tat-160000-usdunitalent-bounty-program-round-1-3944118
Pages:
Jump to: