Pages:
Author

Topic: Bounty hunting - work or a hobby? - page 6. (Read 1777 times)

Activity: 63
Merit: 0
May 29, 2018, 10:45:12 AM
I just posted a reply in another thread where the OP stated they considered bounty hunting was work with money paid to you for your time and resources, with it likened to running a small business. I felt rather that you’d ‘paid’ for the bounty tokens in your wallet with the time you’d used doing bounty tasks and reporting etc rather than with your own cryptocurrency or fiat, and that you needed to factor in as well the time wasted on other bounty campaigns where you didn’t get any reward/payment for your bounty work because the ICO didn’t make softcap or was unethical or a cashgrab or scam! In terms of whether bounty hunting should be seen as a part or full time job/small business or rather as a hobby where you may pick up a few dollars using your phone and computer and internet and time, I felt it would depend on each bounty hunter’s individual circumstances and prevailing tax and other laws in their country. I imagined that most bounty hunters here would treat it as a ‘hobby’ that may bring some reward of tokens that may or may not be worth anything, rather than as job giving predictable taxable income - but I’ve seen little discussion or information published about this however.

I’m interested in how bounty hunters here view their receiving of bounty tokens and the value from holding or selling them - as a hobby or as a job with taxable income? And also are bounty hunters aware of any tax or other ‘rules’ known to apply to tokens received or sold in the various countries we live in?

i am considering bounty hunting a hobby. i don’t consider it as a work. a hobby because i am having a fun time visiting the bitcointalk site. reading interesting topics about cryptocurrency is fun and educational.
Activity: 210
May 29, 2018, 10:40:13 AM
In my own opinion, bounty hunting is just a hobby for me as of now. I can't consider this as a work because it can't give me enough money to sustain my daily needs.  It is not my first priority.  This is just like playing my fon everytime I post something to it. I can't consider this as a job because it is not legal here in our country nor illegal.
Activity: 70
May 29, 2018, 10:37:15 AM
Why would it be a hobby? you are earning money by just doing the bounty tasks that the team provides to you, you are creating a lot of extra exposure for the project, so more people will invest
Activity: 182
May 29, 2018, 10:34:01 AM
I consider it as work, on a part-time job. Because my main focus is the money that will be obtained from it. If only a hobby then it will not be a problem if not paid. I can not be like that. I can earn extra income by joining bounty program. In my country there are no rules about cryptocurrency and taxes against cryptocurrency.
Activity: 30
May 29, 2018, 10:26:15 AM
it as a work,a sideline part time work that receives income when the work is done. Grin
Activity: 664
Merit: 100
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA
May 29, 2018, 10:19:39 AM
I have this is my primary job, and this job helps me earn more money than the current situation. I usually spend all my free time for bounty hunter work. I use all the money I make from bounty for Altcoin investments.
Activity: 151
Merit: 10
May 29, 2018, 10:16:48 AM
For me i treat this as my work  because you will get paid after an ico ends but sometimes there are so many ico is scam so i will choose a legit ico so that my time i spend in here is profitable.
Activity: 356
Merit: 100
May 29, 2018, 10:12:08 AM
To me, bounty is not just a hobby, it is also a job, online work and a business. Once you work for a project and have the same payment or salary, it is thought to be a job that works every day to work in an office or a company and wait for the time to pay.
Activity: 182
May 29, 2018, 10:10:08 AM
I just posted a reply in another thread where the OP stated they considered bounty hunting was work with money paid to you for your time and resources, with it likened to running a small business. I felt rather that you’d ‘paid’ for the bounty tokens in your wallet with the time you’d used doing bounty tasks and reporting etc rather than with your own cryptocurrency or fiat, and that you needed to factor in as well the time wasted on other bounty campaigns where you didn’t get any reward/payment for your bounty work because the ICO didn’t make softcap or was unethical or a cashgrab or scam! In terms of whether bounty hunting should be seen as a part or full time job/small business or rather as a hobby where you may pick up a few dollars using your phone and computer and internet and time, I felt it would depend on each bounty hunter’s individual circumstances and prevailing tax and other laws in their country. I imagined that most bounty hunters here would treat it as a ‘hobby’ that may bring some reward of tokens that may or may not be worth anything, rather than as job giving predictable taxable income - but I’ve seen little discussion or information published about this however.

I’m interested in how bounty hunters here view their receiving of bounty tokens and the value from holding or selling them - as a hobby or as a job with taxable income? And also are bounty hunters aware of any tax or other ‘rules’ known to apply to tokens received or sold in the various countries we live in?

For me it's just a hobby.
I just joined Welltrado bounty campaign.
Really glad with what they are offering.
Activity: 99
May 29, 2018, 10:09:10 AM
For me at the moment this is not a hobby but most likely a full-fledged work. I really spend a lot of time on bounty campaigns. Smiley
Activity: 508
May 29, 2018, 10:05:27 AM
I think bounty hunting is a job because I need enough time to do the terms and tasks to be done from the gift, though as a side job to increase the family's living needs, and to me about taxable income is not a problem for me because the government also needs income for the progress of his country as well.
Activity: 854
Merit: 101
May 29, 2018, 09:51:19 AM
I earned quite a deal with joining bounties but for now I havent reach the point to quit my full time job and fully switch to it. As you say, the chance of getting rewarded is not yet 100%. Until such time that joining bounty would provide sure payment maybe i'll look at it as hobby and not a fulltime job.
Activity: 10
May 29, 2018, 09:49:19 AM
i do not see bounty as an hobby, its a  full time job for some people. it is not an easy task to start with. bounty is very stressful just like our daily jobs we do and earn from iy. the only difference is  you do bounty from the comfort of your home
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
May 29, 2018, 09:48:59 AM
In my country I don't need to pay taxes on cryptocurrency, as long as I don't withdraw more then a curtain amount from my card, which my wallet is attached to. For me bounty hunting is sometimes a hobby and sometimes a work, it depends on my mood and how motivated I am. Right now I am really motivated and it is a hobby for me, I spend 2/3 hours doing my campaigns. Sometimes I really get fed up, when I don't get paid and there are lot's of scums these days, but at the end of the day I am the one who choose them and there is no one to blame apart from myself. I like what I do and yes it is a hobby for me
Activity: 602
Merit: 101
May 29, 2018, 09:48:48 AM
Bounty is a wonderful occupation, but I think that you need to work on the main job, for many reasons, I just want to protect you, once you take part in several projects you will realize that payments are not always, and if they are, then not always on time.
Activity: 560
Merit: 13
May 29, 2018, 09:46:25 AM
Seriously bounty hunting is a work and it is definitely not a hobby because people get some more money on working on the projects as a bounty hunter and the pay they receive is more than their current work in any organisation for that matter. I heard that people have got some near to $2000 in a month for a bounty campaign.
Activity: 546
Merit: 4
May 29, 2018, 09:42:09 AM
I think bounty is one of the jobs. Do not you see the system of bounty itself. We follow a bounty, then we choose certain Campaigns, and in each Campaign a certain task with a certain amount of salary as well. So bounty is not just a hobby. In addition, we take time to do the task, is not that also called work?

Actually, i am still a student, so something like this i called  it as a work. Where can i get money easily if not from it?
Thanks
Activity: 154
May 29, 2018, 09:33:30 AM
I think it depends on each other. Because someone haven't time for that. Then they should do bounty hunting as a hobby. If you have more time, do it as a work. By the way it is good for everyone to do Twitter and facebook bounties for as hobby.
Activity: 151
Merit: 1
May 29, 2018, 09:21:34 AM
As for me, I would consider signature bounty like a work for me, it way to earn good amount of money considering the rate of dollars to my local currency
Activity: 252
Merit: 12
May 29, 2018, 09:16:43 AM
Bounty hunting is already my work , my hobby , but most of the time i do this , why ? Because i earn alot in this type of hobby my salary in bounty is bigger than my work but i dont give up my work because i know this is not stable and we should always have a backup plan.
Pages:
Jump to: