Pages:
Author

Topic: [Boxing] Anderson Silva vs Tito Ortiz on September 11 - page 15. (Read 1725 times)

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
Not spoiling the fun here but this fight was over hype.

MMA fighters switching to boxing and hitting almost the 50 years of age, it's just all about money and I don't see any passion. The reason why other pure boxers don't like the idea of cross over and exhibition match.

Betting sites listed it right away because it will be a big market. Don't get me wrong, I might put a few bucks here depends on the situation.
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 1406
Oh this should be fun.  I loved watching Anderson silva fight.  Definitely different then seeing him in the octagon.  Interested seeing how this one will turn out.  More and more cross over fights are happening.  Guess the box office is making the dough on these.  Anyone know how much these guys are fighting for?
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441
Logan Paul, Anderson Silva in talks for boxing fight in 2021

Social media star Logan Paul and UFC legend Anderson Silva are in talks for a high-profile boxing match in 2021 according to his manager.

https://sports.yahoo.com/logan-paul-anderson-silva-talks-170100513.html

Would rather see Anderson Silva vs Logan Paul.

Tito Ortiz could be even less of a boxer than Logan Paul is. Silva looked impressive in his last boxing outing against Julio Caesar Chavez Jr. Ortiz is a big step down in competition. It is possible Silva is having trouble finding fights against legit boxers, which is the only reason this fight is being made.

Silva is known for having trained and sparred in big name boxing gyms like Freddie Roach's Wild Card gym. Which is a high level boxing gym full of good boxers. And done well in there.

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
Oscar De La Hoya vs. Vitor Belfort

Oscar crossing into MMA is more surprising than old guys Silva and Tito Ortiz coming back to the cage. No matter how old they got now, they still come back like there is a transaction to settle.

I would bet for Dela Hoya for this one, I do think this isn't going to be an exhibition fight. If he is going to be pinned to the ground though, it's his end. Hope he trains to avoid take down.

This is not a MMA fight, this is a boxing match. Even Oscar said he want the California State Athletic Commission to sanction this as professional boxing match with judges scoring.

However, this seems to be just an exhibition match, same with others we have seen like the Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr. So Vitor Belfort is at a disadvantage and not Oscar so the better advise is that he trains like a boxer because there will be no take downs.

Probably that's one way of Oscar promoting this fight. But we all know that the sanctioning body will not allow this to be called "professional fights". This is all business of making money. Oscar even said before the he want to face Canelo on his comeback fight, LOL.

Silva could take this win easily, even in MMA Tito's striking is not that good, just look at his Liddell fight, he tries to go toe to toe and gets KO. While Silva has already experience fighting JCC Jr and won that fight.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 833

Oscar crossing into MMA is more surprising than old guys Silva and Tito Ortiz coming back to the cage. No matter how old they got now, they still come back like there is a transaction to settle.

I would bet for Dela Hoya for this one, I do think this isn't going to be an exhibition fight. If he is going to be pinned to the ground though, it's his end. Hope he trains to avoid take down.

This is not a MMA fight, this is a boxing match. Even Oscar said he want the California State Athletic Commission to sanction this as professional boxing match with judges scoring.

However, this seems to be just an exhibition match, same with others we have seen like the Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr. So Vitor Belfort is at a disadvantage and not Oscar so the better advise is that he trains like a boxer because there will be no take downs.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
It's better to add the main event as well, Dela Hoya and Belfort. I will put my money on Oscar here, I think he has all the advantage being the boxer and one of the best during his prime.

As for the Silva vs Ortiz, I agree with the majority, Silva might pull a unanimous decision here or even a KO win in the latter rounds. Tito Ortiz usually gasses out and with Silva performing very well against Chavez Jr, I think he has the confidence and motivation to continue and maybe after this fight, we will challenge another boxer.

As far as PPV, the name Dela Hoya still have some following, so I think it will be a decent numbers.
Activity: 2800
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag

Activity: 2128
Merit: 180
They want to hype like Tyson and RJJ, but their fight wont generate a lot of ppv and profit. If Im not wrong, then Ortiz has a wrestling background, and spider is more striking guy.

avikz - Ortiz last fight was in 2019 with a low class fighter, but in 2018 he fought Chuck Liddell and won by KO.
Considering that they are an MMA fighter and now on a boxing ring, I don’t think many will support this match. Both are too old already to see an intense fight, they may have a good records on MMA but that can’t help to boost the views. Though they are fighting undercard with De La Hoya, that can only be the reason for a viewers to watch this match. Its hard to predict this match, the odds might not help.
staff
Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110
Yeah, Anderson has looked decent to be honest whenever I've seen him take a step into boxing. Not surprising since he was one of the best strikers in the UFC. I just can't bet against a legend of that magnitude, even if he hasn't looked as good in recent MMA bouts. Boxing, as you say he's looked somewhat good with a unexpected win recently.

With the strength of that win, I agree that Silva will be the favourite here. Tito might just be fighting for the money here.
Not like I would blame them to be honest. It's quite well documented that boxing generally pays more to its fighters than the UFC. Although, I'm not entirely sure what the shares or total number of this fight is, I'm sure its probably still better than most of their UFC careers.

avikz - Ortiz last fight was in 2019 with a low class fighter, but in 2018 he fought Chuck Liddell and won by KO.
Chuck Liddell might have not been at his absolute best that night, but having a win over Chuck looks good on anyone's record. 2019 is a fair amount of time to have a lay off from fighting, especially considering their age.
Activity: 2604
Merit: 542
For me, Anderson Silva is far ahead of Tito. The matter if fact that both are ex UFC fighter, but Tito last fought his UFC match back in 2012 while Anderson fought his last UFC match in 2020. Also Tito has set foot in politics after his UFC career ended. I don't think Anderson would have any issue in winning here. But there are many think that goes in the background that we commoners don't know.
Can't really judge Tito due to the lack of recent fights, but Anderson certainly hasn't looked his best in his last few outings in the UFC.

In a day or two, the gambling odds will start to come out so we will be able to see what the bookies are thinking. But in sports, we must expect the unexpected!
I'm expecting the odds to heavily favour Anderson. The fact is; most betters will also bet on Anderson Silva due to the fact that he's more famous outside of UFC than Tito.

The most recent fight of Anderson Silva is against Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., and unexpectedly Silva won by a split decision. We all know who JCC Jr, is, a pro-boxer, but Silva defeated him last June 2021, it was on a weight on 182 lbs.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/6/20/22542048/anderson-silva-pulls-off-upset-to-beat-julio-cesar-chavez-jr-by-split-decision-in-return-to-boxing

With the strength of that win, I agree that Silva will be the favourite here. Tito might just be fighting for the money here.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 277
Contracts have been signed for Anderson Silva to box with Tito Ortiz in the co-main event of the Oscar De La Hoya vs. Vitor Belfort card on September 11, and it is organized by Triller.
Both of them are well known MMA fighters active until recently in UFC, one of the best known MMA organizations, so it will be interesting fight to watch.
Andreson Silva is 46 years with 34-11-0 MMA record, and Tito Ortiz is also 46 years old with record 21-12-1.

~snip~

This is a good match for both boxers, based on age they're compatible which I believed to be an exciting fight.
I am hoping the fight would commence successfully, and no postpone going to happen same with Erol Spence and Pacman. My bet for this coming fight was for Anderson Silva, because on his experience on Boxing all alone was really interesting due to several fights he had and all history was doing great. Though Ortiz also got good records, but it's just the MMA which he was focusing with.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1435
They want to hype like Tyson and RJJ, but their fight wont generate a lot of ppv and profit. If Im not wrong, then Ortiz has a wrestling background, and spider is more striking guy.

staff
For me, Anderson Silva is far ahead of Tito. The matter if fact that both are ex UFC fighter, but Tito last fought his UFC match back in 2012 while Anderson fought his last UFC match in 2020. Also Tito has set foot in politics after his UFC career ended. I don't think Anderson would have any issue in winning here. But there are many think that goes in the background that we commoners don't know.
Can't really judge Tito due to the lack of recent fights, but Anderson certainly hasn't looked his best in his last few outings in the UFC.

In a day or two, the gambling odds will start to come out so we will be able to see what the bookies are thinking. But in sports, we must expect the unexpected!
I'm expecting the odds to heavily favour Anderson. The fact is; most betters will also bet on Anderson Silva due to the fact that he's more famous outside of UFC than Tito.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
It seems this match has created quite a news in the betting market. Because it's just been few hours after the announcement and the internet is literally flooded with comments and opinions.

staff
Anderson Silva all day long. He's had a semi decent career in boxing too. The only thing I'm concerned with is Triller is hosting this. I don't tend to watch too much boxing these days, at least since UFC entered my life, however I'm a little concerned about Triller because the last event I tuned in for them was the Jake Paul vs Ben Askren fight, and is was absolutely awful from a fighting fan perspective. It was like a music concert rather than a fight night. I can't recall watching many of their other events though, so that might have just been an exception due to the fighters they had on that night.

Triller seem to be the king of white collar boxing, and cross sport fights in a boxing ring at the moment.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1264
Logo Designer ⛨ BSFL Division1
Contracts have been signed for Anderson Silva to box with Tito Ortiz in the co-main event of the Oscar De La Hoya vs. Vitor Belfort card on September 11, and it is organized by Triller.
Both of them are well known MMA fighters active until recently in UFC, one of the best known MMA organizations, so it will be interesting fight to watch.
Andreson Silva is 46 years with 34-11-0 MMA record, and Tito Ortiz is also 46 years old with record 21-12-1.

https://twitter.com/espnmma/status/1425542314773069824
Pages:
Jump to: