Pages:
Author

Topic: [Boxing]: Canelo Alvarez vs Billy Joe Saunders - May 8 - page 10. (Read 1432 times)

Activity: 2744
Merit: 588
Saunders didn't look good at this last fight against Murray so that's something that we have to look at. And Canelo is the more active guy here and we have seen how Canelo developed into a monster. Although Saunders is no push over, he is the WBO champion and the taller guy, and has the tools to somewhat push Canelo out of his comfortable position, I think Canelo can readjust and break down Saunders in the latter rounds of the fight.

Right now, the odds of course is still in favor of Canelo.
But it seems Saunders will put a good fight if he will prepare on this fight.
Maybe, this will be better than Canelo vs Yildirim to watch out for.
It is good that Canelo got another fight as soon as he finished the last one.
Now that Saunders saw his last performance, he should know what to prepare for.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
Saunders didn't look good at this last fight against Murray so that's something that we have to look at. And Canelo is the more active guy here and we have seen how Canelo developed into a monster. Although Saunders is no push over, he is the WBO champion and the taller guy, and has the tools to somewhat push Canelo out of his comfortable position, I think Canelo can readjust and break down Saunders in the latter rounds of the fight.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 904
Probably better than the last fight of Canelo.

Billy Joe Saunders is undefeated as his record stats stated, not so familiar with this fighter but he has in impressive record though I'm not so convince with his KO rate which is only 14 of his 30 fights.

stats : https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/482499

and the betting odds is also available _ https://www.oddschecker.com/boxing/saul-alvarez-v-billy-joe-saunders/winner

Saunders @4
Canelo @1.17
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
Canelo Alvarez-Billy Joe Saunders Fight Officially Announced, May 8 At Site TBD

Now that Canelo Alvarez has torn through the WBC’s mandatory challenger for his 168-pound championship, he can fully focus on the first of two title unification fights he hopes to win later this year.

As expected, Matchroom Boxing announced after Alvarez’s three-round demolition of Avni Yildirim on Saturday night that he’ll battle unbeaten WBO champion Billy Joe Saunders on May 8. The site of the Alvarez-Saunders bout wasn’t announced, but promoter Eddie Hearn informed BoxingScene.com before Alvarez defeated Yildirim that Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas and AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, are the two venues under serious consideration.

OK, this is the fight that we all have been waiting for Canelo, another legit challenger in Billy Joe Saunders. BJS is solid in all area, well rounded, technically sound and I think he will give Canelo one hell of a fight here, more competitive obviously against Avni Yildirim. Canelo himself admitted that Saunders will be a difficult fight for him.

But I will still give the edge to Canelo here, probably by decision.
Pages:
Jump to: