Pages:
Author

Topic: [Boxing]: Gonzalez vs Martinez - page 7. (Read 715 times)

Activity: 1274
Merit: 293
June 30, 2021, 12:40:26 AM
Estrada will be the slight favorite going into this fight based on the strength that he beat Gonzalez last time. But it doesn't mean that he will have the advantage in the trilogy. For me it was Gonzalez who won the second fight, but the judges saw otherwise. So the same here, I will bet on Gonzalez by decision, could be unanimous.
That's if that will be the same for the third fight, if Gonzalez knows that he will have a hard time in the UD, I think that going aggressive this time will be much better and aiming for a KO would be the goal at the least. Regarding Estrada, I think that he will probably take it easy on this fight and try to do the same performance last time because if the formula works, he will probably do it again.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
June 30, 2021, 12:27:28 AM

Estrada will be the slight favorite going into this fight based on the strength that he beat Gonzalez last time. But it doesn't mean that he will have the advantage in the trilogy. For me it was Gonzalez who won the second fight, but the judges saw otherwise. So the same here, I will bet on Gonzalez by decision, could be unanimous.

gonzales must be the one who requested this 3rd fight. a win by decision makes people doubt the outcome, there has to be a KO to end it all.
i don't really follow the two. but looking into their records the two fights end with decisions which both must be a close fight.  both have wins to each other so as a tie-breaker a 3rd fight has to happen. 
Activity: 1330
Merit: 536
June 29, 2021, 10:50:36 PM
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
June 29, 2021, 09:01:42 PM
Good that Estrada is true to his words after he won the second fight. He said that he will give Gonzalez a third fight because it was really close. I will go with Estrada here, I think Gonzalez has shown wear and tear during the last fight. This is probably his last fight as he is no longer in his prime and probably just wanted to exit with a bang (good pay check).

But Chocolatito throws more punches in the second fight, so I think as far as volume punching, it should be Gonzalez. So the second fight is really debatable, it's a UD win for Estrada but it can go either way. And with that said, this is still winnable for Chocolatito, and I don't think that age is a big factor for him as obviously he can still throw 100 punches per round.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 546
June 29, 2021, 07:54:55 PM
Good that Estrada is true to his words after he won the second fight. He said that he will give Gonzalez a third fight because it was really close. I will go with Estrada here, I think Gonzalez has shown wear and tear during the last fight. This is probably his last fight as he is no longer in his prime and probably just wanted to exit with a bang (good pay check).
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
June 29, 2021, 07:45:40 PM
Ok, so another fight that we all have been waiting for. As confirmed by Eddie Hearn, there will be a third match between these 2 great super flyweights. This year, it was a classic back and forth war, but Estrada edging Chocolatito by split decision. So now it's 1-1. They will have to settle in the upcoming trilogy as to who is the best.

https://www.boxingscene.com/juan-francisco-estrada-vs-roman-chocolatito-gonzalez-trilogy-slated-oct-16-usa--158783

At this point I can't make up my mind, I wanted to see Chocolatito win by Estrada's volume punching can sway the judge in his favour in close rounds.

@bisdak40 - bro, what's you call on this? I know that you are a big fan of Chocolatito, hehehe
Pages:
Jump to: