Pages:
Author

Topic: [Boxing] Naoya Inoue vs Paul Butler - Undisputed Bantamweight Bout - December 13 - page 44. (Read 15997 times)

Activity: 2814
Merit: 576
A mismatch? An easy win for Inoue? Not even a big challenge for Inoue? Can't blame some people's view about the match as the distance between Naoya Inoue and Paul Butler is really that wide and long gap. I can't even think of a way how Butler can survive the wrath of Inoue.

No mentioned venue at the moment but it's in Japan. The first time Paul Butler will fight outside the United Kingdom. Almost all advantages are on Inoue.

Wow! This fight took earlier than I expected because I believe at first that this fight will be possible next year and I didn't even know at all that both camps have an ongoing discussion to make this fight happen as I'm so focused on waiting for Spence-Crawford undisputed fight.

It's really safe to say that this fight is really a mismatch and will be a walk in the park for Inoue because Butler has no tools in his belt that could potentially defeat the Japanese boxer, therefore, the latter cannot really avoid getting a defeat in this fight. Well, the only good thing on Butler's side is that this fight might be his biggest paycheck in his career as he possesses the last remaining belt in the bantamweight division.

Perhaps it was on the radar of Inoue already, that if he ever won against Donaire he will look for a unifying and undisputed belt that Bulter hold. And Paul can't refuse it, a good opportunity to put his name for the best bantamweight.

However, the Monster is really hard to beat as it seems there are no flaws, offense and defense. The hardest puncher in this division so far, and then he has a high boxing IQ and then a good chin that no one has broken. He time Donaire cleanly in 2 rounds, so Butler will be happy if he can manage to go at least 5 rounds or more with Inoue before he too gets knock out.

Butler was already aiming for an undisputed fight against Inoue even before that he was set to fight Casimero first, but that didn't happen that's why Butler didn't got any hard time defeating Casimero's replacement. Butler knew that he will be making good money for this fight that's why he was eager to call for the fight after Inoue defeated Donaire in just mere 2 rounds, and also, I don't really think that Butler can actually defeat the monster of Japan because their skills set are really different and Inoue is totally in another league.
Activity: 2786
Merit: 343
when lambo...

Big blow for Butler's career if this will be postponed.
That's not good, we don't want to see that.

This is his biggest fight so far to finally make it big, his first fight in defending the WBO title is with the Monster. Although less chance of winning, it's an opportunity to make huge pay and at the same time can grab a bit of attention from different boxing organizations. He should congratulate himself still for reaching this height.

Well, it's a unification fight, so they are staking their belts for this fight, Inoue will lose his belts if Butler will succeed here, but to be honest, I don't see it happening, the chance is very slow.
Activity: 2870
Merit: 612
if Butler can stay at least round 8 and up? then this is enough entertainment but of course by not running around the ring like what mayweather use to do in his fights.

This would be a go-to strategy for Paul Butler to avoid a head-on confrontation against Inoue.  This would be greatly effective if  Butler has the reach advantage but sadly Inoue has longer reach at 171 cm while Butler's reach is only 165 cm. So it would be hard for Butler to take advantage of the distance fighting because of the stated reach data.  So I guess this would be the challenge for Butler's camp, to design a fight strategy where Butler can run around the ring while effectively leaving jabs, or straight behind.
Really hard to execute out such plan if your opponent does have longer reach compared to you then running around and making some jabs  or simply make some hit and run wouldnt be that much effective
or something a very difficult thing to be done even if you dont really tend to fight head on but this wont really be that an easy way to make a lead on point knowing that you are fighting someone
which do have that fighting ability on adapting on things plus really good on technicality which means that you would really be on an disadvantage.Lets see on how
Butler will really be making out adjustment considering that he's fighting someone which is really that hard puncher and good countering etc.
While we know that whenever two boxers get into the ring anything can happen at the same time this is one of those fights in which I do not really see how Butler is going to win this, whenever you begin to see the data everything seems to be in favor of Inoue, so the only way for Butler to win this is if Inoue was not at 100% when they fight each other, but in that case Inoue could just try to postpone the fight and then Butler will be back at square one.

Big blow for Butler's career if this will be postponed. This is his biggest fight so far to finally make it big, his first fight in defending the WBO title is with the Monster. Although less chance of winning, it's an opportunity to make huge pay and at the same time can grab a bit of attention from different boxing organizations. He should congratulate himself still for reaching this height.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1332
if Butler can stay at least round 8 and up? then this is enough entertainment but of course by not running around the ring like what mayweather use to do in his fights.

This would be a go-to strategy for Paul Butler to avoid a head-on confrontation against Inoue.  This would be greatly effective if  Butler has the reach advantage but sadly Inoue has longer reach at 171 cm while Butler's reach is only 165 cm. So it would be hard for Butler to take advantage of the distance fighting because of the stated reach data.  So I guess this would be the challenge for Butler's camp, to design a fight strategy where Butler can run around the ring while effectively leaving jabs, or straight behind.
Really hard to execute out such plan if your opponent does have longer reach compared to you then running around and making some jabs  or simply make some hit and run wouldnt be that much effective
or something a very difficult thing to be done even if you dont really tend to fight head on but this wont really be that an easy way to make a lead on point knowing that you are fighting someone
which do have that fighting ability on adapting on things plus really good on technicality which means that you would really be on an disadvantage.Lets see on how
Butler will really be making out adjustment considering that he's fighting someone which is really that hard puncher and good countering etc.
While we know that whenever two boxers get into the ring anything can happen at the same time this is one of those fights in which I do not really see how Butler is going to win this, whenever you begin to see the data everything seems to be in favor of Inoue, so the only way for Butler to win this is if Inoue was not at 100% when they fight each other, but in that case Inoue could just try to postpone the fight and then Butler will be back at square one.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
A mismatch? An easy win for Inoue? Not even a big challenge for Inoue? Can't blame some people's view about the match as the distance between Naoya Inoue and Paul Butler is really that wide and long gap. I can't even think of a way how Butler can survive the wrath of Inoue.

No mentioned venue at the moment but it's in Japan. The first time Paul Butler will fight outside the United Kingdom. Almost all advantages are on Inoue.

Wow! This fight took earlier than I expected because I believe at first that this fight will be possible next year and I didn't even know at all that both camps have an ongoing discussion to make this fight happen as I'm so focused on waiting for Spence-Crawford undisputed fight.

It's really safe to say that this fight is really a mismatch and will be a walk in the park for Inoue because Butler has no tools in his belt that could potentially defeat the Japanese boxer, therefore, the latter cannot really avoid getting a defeat in this fight. Well, the only good thing on Butler's side is that this fight might be his biggest paycheck in his career as he possesses the last remaining belt in the bantamweight division.

Inoue was not damage in his fight against Donaire, it just took him 2 rounds. While Butler was extending, still he won so it's good that this two will fight before the end of the year to settle the best bantamweight.

It could be walk in the park, but for sure Butler are not going to be intimidated by Inoue and he want this challenge. But we all know how brutal Inoue, I'm expecting that he will used his jab here, just to make Butler feel his power. As someone said, we can't find weaknesses on his game.
Activity: 2198
Merit: 347

Activity: 1344
Merit: 540
It's allowed in boxing, so that's the only way for Butler to stay inside the ring or he will get Knock Out by Inoue, I don't think Butler has an iron chin and can take the whole Inoue's punch. If Mayweather using hit and run strategy, we might see Butler will only use run strategy without hitting Inoue Grin

Honestly this is a big fight since whoever win will become undisputed champion, but the bookies didn't list any other variety odds.

Well! he doesn't have any choice because he can't take those powerful punches anyway so it's better to use plan B where he will just simply dodge and tire him out but that's not really easy nut worth trying you know, sometimes when you don't have the guts to do the necessary, you need to have a surprising strategy. Anyway, if he looks the way Donaire tried his best but not enough should be enough for Butler to think of another best strategy to win.

Butler is good fighter and we cannot downplay the possible game fight because we don't know if Inoue will really dominate the game. Each fighter he face would provably have different fighting style and most provably Butler learn a lot from past opponent of Inoue so provably we can see a good fight between them if this match will really happen since this is undeniable a big match to be cast this year.

I think Inoue has face a lot of tough fighters in WBSS, so he had opponents in different style so I don't think he see styles that he is not familiar in the bantamweight.

Nevertheless we should give credit to Butler for facing Inoue and offer his belt on the line, as we may see a undisputed champion in this weight categories. Not sure if this is the first time, but it will show how great Inoue is unifying the belts and then moving up one weight class for sure next year if everything in his plan went well.
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1141

Activity: 2912
Merit: 674

Butlers camp wont really be that dumb on not to make out some preparation for this fight and its true that this fight might be the biggest on his paycheck plus it would really boost up popularity if he would take down "The monster" which had been still undefeated up to this date.Yes, this was a little bit unexpected that it had been pushed within this year.There are no doubts on who would be the bookie's favorite on this one which is Inoue. We cant really assure though and Inoue shouldnt really be that too confident but i do agree that this might be looking like a walk in the park fight.  Cheesy

I didn't say that Butler's camp shouldn't do some preparations but what I am saying is that Butler is unfortunate because this might be just a walk in the park for Inoue, there's a difference mate Grin

It's really hard to think that Butler can defeat the monster because judging from his performance recently, he is nowhere near Inoue's capabilities. I know there's a possibility of an upset in any given fight but Butler's chances are really slim and he cannot do anything about it.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028
Naoya Inoue vs Paul Butler - This is going to be a one sided fight in favor of Naoya Inoue, easy new Undisputed Bantamweight Champion in the world. I predict Inoue will knock out Butler in the 5th or 6th round of the fight. Naoya Inoue vs John Riel Casimero would be one of the biggest fights of the year if Casimero didn't violate any weight cut guidelines.

Everyone is thinking that way, a one-sided fight but if Butler will not engage a lot then most probably the outcome is him surviving the fight but he will still lose since Inoue will surely win via unanimous decision. It's an undisputed fight, suppose to be exciting like Spence vs Crawford, but it's not the real picture.

But in my opinion, Inoue will not allow Butler to keep running. He will find ways to corner him

and in one mistake, Butler will be taken down. The power of Inoue gives him the higher edge against anyone who will going to face
him from this division. We witness how quick and how strong those solid combinations after that fight against Donaire, he will not
give any chance to his opponent if he sees good, openings he will really take it and force to knock down his opponent.
Activity: 2898
Merit: 590
BTC to the MOON in 2019
Naoya Inoue vs Paul Butler - This is going to be a one sided fight in favor of Naoya Inoue, easy new Undisputed Bantamweight Champion in the world. I predict Inoue will knock out Butler in the 5th or 6th round of the fight. Naoya Inoue vs John Riel Casimero would be one of the biggest fights of the year if Casimero didn't violate any weight cut guidelines.

Everyone is thinking that way, a one-sided fight but if Butler will not engage a lot then most probably the outcome is him surviving the fight but he will still lose since Inoue will surely win via unanimous decision. It's an undisputed fight, suppose to be exciting like Spence vs Crawford, but it's not the real picture.
copper member
Activity: 265
Merit: 40
Activity: 2520
Merit: 783
It's allowed in boxing, so that's the only way for Butler to stay inside the ring or he will get Knock Out by Inoue, I don't think Butler has an iron chin and can take the whole Inoue's punch. If Mayweather using hit and run strategy, we might see Butler will only use run strategy without hitting Inoue Grin

Honestly this is a big fight since whoever win will become undisputed champion, but the bookies didn't list any other variety odds.

Well! he doesn't have any choice because he can't take those powerful punches anyway so it's better to use plan B where he will just simply dodge and tire him out but that's not really easy nut worth trying you know, sometimes when you don't have the guts to do the necessary, you need to have a surprising strategy. Anyway, if he looks the way Donaire tried his best but not enough should be enough for Butler to think of another best strategy to win.

Butler is good fighter and we cannot downplay the possible game fight because we don't know if Inoue will really dominate the game. Each fighter he face would provably have different fighting style and most provably Butler learn a lot from past opponent of Inoue so provably we can see a good fight between them if this match will really happen since this is undeniable a big match to be cast this year.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 584
You own the pen

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

Agreed. The odds for this fight might be 1.05 for Naoya Inoue and 8.50 to 9.00 for Paul Butler. The ending will also certainly be another knockout for Inoue. Where the oddsmakers might place the over or the under might be on 7.5 rounds and they might favor the under, I reckon. However, Paul Butler was knocked out only once and it was 7 years ago. I speculate that Inoue will knock Butler on the 10th or 11th round.

Spot on mate, current odds are:

Inoue, Naoya - 1.02
Butler, Paul - 9.80

We don't have the under and over rounds, but yeah it could be +/- 7.5, I reckon.

I speculate that it might be earlier than 10th or 11th round, less than that. Butler might survived the earlier rounds, but for sure he will be soften up later and then Naoya will go for the knockout round 6th to round 9th.

@Boafeng. It appears that the speculation on Inoue vs. Fulton might become a reality hehehe. Inoue might become the next Pacman.

Former two-division world champion Naoya ‘Monster’ Inoue plans on moving up to 122 to take on super bantamweight champions Stephen Fulton and Murodjon Akhmadaliev after he finishes collecting the final belt at 118 against WBO champion Paul Butler on December 13th.

Source https://www.boxingnews24.com/2022/08/naoya-inoue-wants-stephen-fulton-fight-after-paul-butler/

Not sure how big his jump to the weight classes though, I reckon maybe 4 weight classes will be enough for his body, so I disagree that he will be the next Pacquiao, hehehe.

Chances are high for him to win here and then go after Fulton. But I wanted to see him first against Murodjon Akhmadaliev, this could be an interesting fight. And if he win again they obviously Fulton will be his next target. What's scary is that he even is not on his prime yet, so he could be in a destruction path that could land him at least in the 130 - 135 lbs.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1156
but full entertainment ? if Butler can stay at least round 8 and up? then this is enough entertainment but of course by not running around the ring like what mayweather use to do in his fights.

Activity: 2590
Merit: 542

Agreed. The odds for this fight might be 1.05 for Naoya Inoue and 8.50 to 9.00 for Paul Butler. The ending will also certainly be another knockout for Inoue. Where the oddsmakers might place the over or the under might be on 7.5 rounds and they might favor the under, I reckon. However, Paul Butler was knocked out only once and it was 7 years ago. I speculate that Inoue will knock Butler on the 10th or 11th round.

Inoue, Naoya - 1.02
Butler, Paul - 9.80

We don't have the under and over rounds, but yeah it could be +/- 7.5, I reckon.

I speculate that it might be earlier than 10th or 11th round, less than that. Butler might survived the earlier rounds, but for sure he will be soften up later and then Naoya will go for the knockout round 6th to round 9th.

We should give Paul Butler more merit because he is only 33 years old and in the prime of his career not like Inoue's last opponent who is a very good boxer but presently very old for the sport.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't give merit to Butler, but it will be interested to see what will be his reaction if Inoue touches him early. As I have said, he might not go down just like Donaire in round two since he is still in his prime at 33 years old. But Inoue is known to be a puncher so the accumulation in the next 5 rounds could soften him up and then Inoue sensing that he is fading away, will go for the jugular and get another opponent knock out. And then maybe he will go up in weight because there's no challenge anymore at bantamweight.
Activity: 2478
Merit: 210
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
this is like an amateur boxer fighting against professional lol .

but of course Butler will always keep chance with strong and heavy  punches  Grin

Butler still have 4 months for preparation , Maybe he will do everything in training to improve his capacity in facing greatest fighter of his time in His division .

Inoue will simple take this Belt for sure , Butler may have skills but not enough for this Japanese boxer that had already Shown his power over best asian fighter in the past , so  I believe that Butler is not the one who will beat Inoue but who truly knows?
boxer can make their opponent Down with lucky single punch.
yet nit until the fight is over , Butler will always chance to win

Hopefully this will be at least an entertaining fight, we all expect that it's just going to be a one-sided fight since we know how good and strong Inoue is, but this is an undisputed bout, it should be entertaining to watch. My prediction, Inoue by KO.
it cannot be a one sided fight mate because even in the beginning it is we already Knew that Inoue is the favorite here and according to their records and abilities it is Japanese that will dominate this fight.
but full entertainment ? if Butler can stay at least round 8 and up? then this is enough entertainment but of course by not running around the ring like what mayweather use to do in his fights.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 629
Im not underestimating Butler as there's a chance to dominate the opponent depending on your strategy to win the fight, but I really think he stand no chance against Inoue. In 2018, Butler loss to Rodriguez then in 2019, the latter loss to Inoue by knocked out in round 2. Im certain that this will be an easy fight for Inoue but who knows I might be wrong.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1429

Inoue, Naoya - 1.02
Butler, Paul - 9.80

We should give Paul Butler more merit because he is only 33 years old and in the prime of his career not like Inoue's last opponent who is a very good boxer but presently very old for the sport.

@Boafeng. It appears that the speculation on Inoue vs. Fulton might become a reality hehehe. Inoue might become the next Pacman.

Former two-division world champion Naoya ‘Monster’ Inoue plans on moving up to 122 to take on super bantamweight champions Stephen Fulton and Murodjon Akhmadaliev after he finishes collecting the final belt at 118 against WBO champion Paul Butler on December 13th.

Source https://www.boxingnews24.com/2022/08/naoya-inoue-wants-stephen-fulton-fight-after-paul-butler/
Pages:
Jump to: