Pages:
Author

Topic: [Boxing] Naoya Inoue vs Paul Butler - Undisputed Bantamweight Bout - December 13 - page 42. (Read 15996 times)

Activity: 2492
Merit: 547
Rollbit
I'm not saying Paul Butler will be an easy enemy, but there is a high possibility that Inoue wins this match without much contest from the other contender.

One important thing to remember in boxing as part of your sports discipline is to never underestimate your opponent. Don't let them get a chance to knock you out  just because you're not giving your best of not contesting that much because you think you're superior against someone.
I think Inoue will always delivers his best, If the skills and talent's gap between these 2 fighters are indeed huge in favor of Inoue, he could probably knock him out.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Excel is fun
Inoue continues to conquer a lot of classes and divisions with his superb boxing skills. The man is really technical and knows his way around the ring. I'm not saying Paul Butler will be an easy enemy, but there is a high possibility that Inoue wins this match without much contest from the other contender. Paul Butler can train as hard as he can and study Inoue's moves in the ring as extensive as he can, but the distance between the knowledge of these two fighters is just far and wide.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1083
It does not look good on the side of Butler, everyone is thinking that Inoue will win this, that -3300 is a big statement, big disrespect.
And hey, 97.1% chances of winning, it gives Butler an almost impossible chance to win.

As expected since the beginning and even that fight is not officially dealt with.

It's even fortunate that Paul Butler was given around 2% of winning the match  Not a disrespectful comment from me just to be clear.

Even though there's a thing called "lucky punch", Butler doesn't have the strength to give a fatal blow to Inoue even if he is able to land one.
Activity: 2758
Merit: 575
But everyone is favoring Inoue for this match.

We all want to see this fight as soon as possible since Inoue just came from a win against Donaire.
That's very obvious because he came from a very big win.  Smiley
We know for the fact that Donaire has given him problems during their first meeting, good thing he adjusted very well in the rematch and get a big win.
And he has proven himself with what he's currently have, so that win shows that he's got something that other boxers should be careful about him.

Well, 2nd match with Donaire, it seems to easy for him as he really has adjusted a lot from the previous match that they've got.

So, there's still that hype from that last match he has got.
As long as Inoue will fight, hype is always present because he is the best in his division and a popular pound for pound boxer in the world.
Yes, that's where the fans are wherever the champs are. And as for Inoue, wherever he's, the crowd would also love to see him box with whomever he's going to fight or whoever is going to challenge him.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1143
Nonito Donaire is already old and he got knocked out in the fight,  so no doubt Inoue really is a KO artist. If only Casimero has fought him, we might see a big fight that will excite us. You are right, he wasted the opportunity, it could be Inoue vs Casimero in this unification fight.
I don't consider Inoue vs Casimero is a big fight because Inoue have already beat Donaire easily, IMO Donaire is better than Casemiro even though he's older. I think the odds would be almost same like Butler since anyone don't think Casimero have a chance to beat Inoue.

Inoue is just too big for any bantamweight boxer, his journey is very bright since his next 2 weight e.g. super bantamweight and featherweight seems there's no one can compete him too.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
You are right, he wasted the opportunity, it could be Inoue vs Casimero in this unification fight.

It was actually official already that Inoue will fight Casimero in 2020. All things are now set at that time. However, the pandemic came and that's the reason why their fight got delayed and soon canceled. Casimero instead fights Duke Micah and Inoue against Jason Moloney.

Back in the last quarter of 2021, Casimero and Inoue exchanged some heated words and they both announced that they want to face each other. It was December 2021 as the rumored date of that fight. However, WBO mandated Casimero to defend his title against Paul Butler and we already know what happened next.

Although I still see Inoue as the stronger one compare to Casimero, it should be more thrilling to watch if he's the one facing Inoue rather than Paul Butler.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 674
Butler now gonna win this fight because of this odds.

Naoya Inoue has opened as a massive -3300 favorite against Paul Butler.
https://www.thesportsgeek.com/news/naoya-inoue-massive-favorite-against-paul-butler/

According to the best boxing betting sites, the Japanese Monster has a 97.1% chance of capturing the last gem of the bantamweight division, opening as a massive -3300 betting favorite to beat Paul Butler in an undisputed title fight:

It does not look good on the side of Butler, everyone is thinking that Inoue will win this, that -3300 is a big statement, big disrespect.
And hey, 97.1% chances of winning, it gives Butler an almost impossible chance to win.

Might be disrespectful on Butler's side but that's really the situation here.

Paul Butler is nowhere within Inoue's league and as I said, it's just because he was elevated to WBO Title Holder from the interim, that's why he become a choice as an opponent for Naoya Inoue. Even if our Jonas Sultan won that match, Inoue will still have an easy win over them.
Of course, since everyone will be betting on Inoue, then that would make him a heavy favorite on the betting odds.

Nonito Donaire is the only Bantamweight boxer I see that can go toe to toe with Inoue. But since Inoue now finally destroys this old guy in just the second round, how can Butler even survive him when we all know that Donaire at his age can still defeat Butler today?

Casimero wasted the opportunity to fight Inoue. He should be the one fighting Inoue now. The pandemic delayed their first match until no progress, later on, have been made to make it happen.

It's now a dream now that Casimero will face Inoue. There's no even update yet when Casimero will return to the ring.

Nonito Donaire is already old and he got knocked out in the fight,  so no doubt Inoue really is a KO artist. If only Casimero has fought him, we might see a big fight that will excite us. You are right, he wasted the opportunity, it could be Inoue vs Casimero in this unification fight.
legendary

https://www.thesportsgeek.com/news/naoya-inoue-massive-favorite-against-paul-butler/

According to the best boxing betting sites, the Japanese Monster has a 97.1% chance of capturing the last gem of the bantamweight division, opening as a massive -3300 betting favorite to beat Paul Butler in an undisputed title fight:

Might be disrespectful on Butler's side but that's really the situation here.

Paul Butler is nowhere within Inoue's league and as I said, it's just because he was elevated to WBO Title Holder from the interim, that's why he become a choice as an opponent for Naoya Inoue. Even if our Jonas Sultan won that match, Inoue will still have an easy win over them.

Nonito Donaire is the only Bantamweight boxer I see that can go toe to toe with Inoue. But since Inoue now finally destroys this old guy in just the second round, how can Butler even survive him when we all know that Donaire at his age can still defeat Butler today?

Casimero wasted the opportunity to fight Inoue. He should be the one fighting Inoue now. The pandemic delayed their first match until no progress, later on, have been made to make it happen.

It's now a dream now that Casimero will face Inoue. There's no even update yet when Casimero will return to the ring.

Activity: 2926
Merit: 636
For campaign management look for Little Mouse!
But everyone is favoring Inoue for this match.

We all want to see this fight as soon as possible since Inoue just came from a win against Donaire.
That's very obvious because he came from a very big win.  Smiley
We know for the fact that Donaire has given him problems during their first meeting, good thing he adjusted very well in the rematch and get a big win.

As long as Inoue will fight, hype is always present because he is the best in his division and a popular pound for pound boxer in the world.
For Paul Butler to win in the fight he needs to fight toe to toe with Naoya Inoue. Even though running is an option for him to survive in 12 rounds, we know Inoya will catch him with those lethal left hooks. This will be a good fight though even though he's fighting a mid fighter, Butler might surprise us with his hidden cards.
We don't want that typical running but just full foot work. But if it's part of his gameplay then he might be able to survive for many rounds.

We want a toe to toe match just like the typical Inoue unleashing the beast out of him. Almost all of us here are with the prowess and counting for Inoue.
The question is, can he run on Inoue for the entire 12 rounds? The answer is no, because he is not as quick as Mayweather or Rigo, Butler might slow down if he get hit by a solid body punch which is the signature punch of Inoue. Fans are excited to see the outcome of the fight, as to the winner, they are not because we already know that Inoue's chance to win is more than 50%.
Only him can answer that question of yours.

You may flip that answer if he answers that question for 12 rounds but that's the expectation of many fans that he can't last for that round. We don't know yet.

But everyone is favoring Inoue for this match. We all want to see this fight as soon as possible since Inoue just came from a win against Donaire.

Activity: 2674
Merit: 625
But that's not Inoue only weapon, we've seen his powerful right as well, so very very hard fight for Paul Butler. And he has a weak chin that Inoue might target early. He can only dance as much as he can because Inoue knows how to cut the ring as well. So Butler needs a lot of energy to sustain that run until he is hit in the body or right in his face.

I agree, Butler have a weak Chin may not be a glass Chin but I think its durability is enough to absorb the power punch of Inoue.  Just like shown on the video, the punch of Tete on Butler's chin isn't a 100% powered uppercut but is enough to make Butler kiss the canvass.  This analysis makes Bultler's possibility of winning almost gone, lol.

Yes, and just imagine if that is the Monster hitting your chin, Butler might go down and kiss the canvass and can't recover because Inoue is somewhat of a volume puncher, and it is quick and powerful. I forgot the name of his opponent, but once he cornered him, it's game over, just 1-2 and then his opponents fell and can't get up on time. That is the power of Inoue with his speed, deadly combination that we haven't seen any boxer yet at his weight class that can withstand it. Donaire was able to fight it out in the first match, but in the rematch it was over in just 2 rounds.
Speed and Power..Inoue does have it and having getting hit with those then i cant be sure if Butler would really be that able to widthstand those shots but lets see if they do able to
see some surprising upset or change or turn of events but its really unlikely to happen because if we do base up on their past performances then we could actually really tell the difference.
Guessing 2 rounds Butler would last? 1st round i would say..Im not underestimating but lets see on how this one goes.
Activity: 1918
Merit: 564
The question is, can he run on Inoue for the entire 12 rounds? The answer is no, because he is not as quick as Mayweather or Rigo, Butler might slow down if he get hit by a solid body punch which is the signature punch of Inoue. Fans are excited to see the outcome of the fight, as to the winner, they are not because we already know that Inoue's chance to win is more than 50%.

Even Butler will sprint fast, he won't win by that. This is a unification match and if his strategy is to run and run, he won't gain points for that.

And even for let's say he will run most of the time, Naoya Inoue is also quick that Butler won't stand a chance on getting away from the Monster's punch.

Inoue knows how to cut rings for a running boxer, so I think this wouldn't be an issue, besides, Inoue's body blow may neutralize this moving away strategy since body is an easier target when an opponent is moving around.

Fans are excited to see the outcome of the fight, as to the winner, they are not because we already know that Inoue's chance to win is more than 50%.

Not just 50% but I will give Inoue a 95% chance of winning.

If only his odds can be around @1.3, I like to consider that risky bet.

It is 99% on my radar.  There is no way Butler will win this fight unless he has some secret recipe  Grin.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
But that's not Inoue only weapon, we've seen his powerful right as well, so very very hard fight for Paul Butler. And he has a weak chin that Inoue might target early. He can only dance as much as he can because Inoue knows how to cut the ring as well. So Butler needs a lot of energy to sustain that run until he is hit in the body or right in his face.

I agree, Butler have a weak Chin may not be a glass Chin but I think its durability is enough to absorb the power punch of Inoue.  Just like shown on the video, the punch of Tete on Butler's chin isn't a 100% powered uppercut but is enough to make Butler kiss the canvass.  This analysis makes Bultler's possibility of winning almost gone, lol.

Yes, and just imagine if that is the Monster hitting your chin, Butler might go down and kiss the canvass and can't recover because Inoue is somewhat of a volume puncher, and it is quick and powerful. I forgot the name of his opponent, but once he cornered him, it's game over, just 1-2 and then his opponents fell and can't get up on time. That is the power of Inoue with his speed, deadly combination that we haven't seen any boxer yet at his weight class that can withstand it. Donaire was able to fight it out in the first match, but in the rematch it was over in just 2 rounds.
legendary

Even Butler will sprint fast, he won't win by that. This is a unification match and if his strategy is to run and run, he won't gain points for that.

And even for let's say he will run most of the time, Naoya Inoue is also quick that Butler won't stand a chance on getting away from the Monster's punch.

Fans are excited to see the outcome of the fight, as to the winner, they are not because we already know that Inoue's chance to win is more than 50%.

Not just 50% but I will give Inoue a 95% chance of winning.

If only his odds can be around @1.3, I like to consider that risky bet.
Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

I agree, Butler have a weak Chin may not be a glass Chin but I think its durability isn't enough to absorb the power punch of Inoue.  Just like shown on the video, the punch of Tete on Butler's chin isn't a 100% powered uppercut but is enough to make Butler kiss the canvass.  This analysis makes Bultler's possibility of winning almost gone, lol.
A mismatch? An easy win for Inoue? Not even a big challenge for Inoue? Can't blame some people's view about the match as the distance between Naoya Inoue and Paul Butler is really that wide and long gap. I can't even think of a way how Butler can survive the wrath of Inoue.

No mentioned venue at the moment but it's in Japan. The first time Paul Butler will fight outside the United Kingdom. Almost all advantages are on Inoue.

Wow! This fight took earlier than I expected because I believe at first that this fight will be possible next year and I didn't even know at all that both camps have an ongoing discussion to make this fight happen as I'm so focused on waiting for Spence-Crawford undisputed fight.

It's really safe to say that this fight is really a mismatch and will be a walk in the park for Inoue because Butler has no tools in his belt that could potentially defeat the Japanese boxer, therefore, the latter cannot really avoid getting a defeat in this fight. Well, the only good thing on Butler's side is that this fight might be his biggest paycheck in his career as he possesses the last remaining belt in the bantamweight division.

Inoue was not damage in his fight against Donaire, it just took him 2 rounds. While Butler was extending, still he won so it's good that this two will fight before the end of the year to settle the best bantamweight.

It could be walk in the park, but for sure Butler are not going to be intimidated by Inoue and he want this challenge. But we all know how brutal Inoue, I'm expecting that he will used his jab here, just to make Butler feel his power. As someone said, we can't find weaknesses on his game.

Well, it's indeed good that they've settled a fight already to know who's the best bantamweight even though we know who will likely be called an undisputed boxer in the said division.

If that's the case then I think that is much better because Butler is also looking forward to see why Inoue is called the monster of Japan, it will be nice to see a full rounds of exchanging punches until we can witness who will survive.
Activity: 2800
Merit: 603
For Paul Butler to win in the fight he needs to fight toe to toe with Naoya Inoue. Even though running is an option for him to survive in 12 rounds, we know Inoya will catch him with those lethal left hooks. This will be a good fight though even though he's fighting a mid fighter, Butler might surprise us with his hidden cards.
We don't want that typical running but just full foot work. But if it's part of his gameplay then he might be able to survive for many rounds.

We want a toe to toe match just like the typical Inoue unleashing the beast out of him. Almost all of us here are with the prowess and counting for Inoue.

copper member
Activity: 265
Merit: 40
Naoya Inoue vs Paul Butler - This is going to be a one sided fight in favor of Naoya Inoue, easy new Undisputed Bantamweight Champion in the world. I predict Inoue will knock out Butler in the 5th or 6th round of the fight. Naoya Inoue vs John Riel Casimero would be one of the biggest fights of the year if Casimero didn't violate any weight cut guidelines.

Everyone is thinking that way, a one-sided fight but if Butler will not engage a lot then most probably the outcome is him surviving the fight but he will still lose since Inoue will surely win via unanimous decision. It's an undisputed fight, suppose to be exciting like Spence vs Crawford, but it's not the real picture.

Pages:
Jump to: