Pages:
Author

Topic: Braiins OS & Braiins OS+ custom ASIC firmware: optimize performance & efficiency - page 27. (Read 45039 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 523
Because as i said before, the documentation has an error:

This part of the documentation is in error, in case anyone needed to use those options they actually are:

fan-dangerous-temp and fan-hot-temp.

NOT fan-temp-hot and fan-temp-dangerous...

Ie: {(the_rest_of_the_options),"fan-hot-temp":"80","fan-dangerous-temp":"90"}

Excellent. Thank you. Missed that. Works fine now. Change shows up in the system log as well.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1561
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
[feature] temperature limits are now configurable via configuration file. The two new configuration options are: --fan-temp-hot and --fan-temp-dangerous. These options effectively override the temp limits in temp-def.h

This is in the git as a feature, I don't see it working. Trying to set dangerous to 100C.

Because as i said before, the documentation has an error:

This part of the documentation is in error, in case anyone needed to use those options they actually are:

fan-dangerous-temp and fan-hot-temp.

NOT fan-temp-hot and fan-temp-dangerous...

Ie: {(the_rest_of_the_options),"fan-hot-temp":"80","fan-dangerous-temp":"90"}
[feature] temperature limits are now configurable via configuration file. The two new configuration options are: --fan-temp-hot and --fan-temp-dangerous. These options effectively override the temp limits in temp-def.h

This is in the git as a feature, I don't see it working. Trying to set dangerous to 100C.
legendary
Would these cgminer commands work on an S9 running Braiins OS?
How would I set them? edit a file with terminal?

--sched-start       Set a time of day in HH:MM to start mining (a once off without a stop time)
--sched-stop        Set a time of day in HH:MM to stop mining (will quit without a start time)

Probably /etc/cgminer.conf

{(the_rest_of_the_options),"sched-start":"07:00","sched-stop":"18:00"}

Don't forget to restart cgminer with /etc/init.d/cgminer reload
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
Would these cgminer commands work on an S9 running Braiins OS?
How would I set them? edit a file with terminal?

--sched-start       Set a time of day in HH:MM to start mining (a once off without a stop time)
--sched-stop        Set a time of day in HH:MM to stop mining (will quit without a start time)
Can you change the cutoff temp in cgminer.conf or do I have to recompile?
Activity: 56
Merit: 3
I flashed my S9j with Braiins OS a couple months back. Without any problems, except my 60 year old A$$ forgot
to "refresh" the silly browser after flashing... Boy was I ready to lambast somebody until some memory retention reflex
clicked that refresh button and all was well.
Took Phillip Ma's suggestion and under-clocked it to 500mhz, 8.1v - 8.3v - 8.2v.
(thanks Phillip, everything was so much easier in the S3 days, eh?)
Run's pretty smooth, but I wish it was a tad more consistent. However,
I'm quite tickled having the ability to manipulate the miner to make it
"house broken" and have it blow on my feet in the cold basement ;-)

https://i.imgur.com/QLwRHsS.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/cOFSOfT.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/EVYszz6.jpg

For the curious: I am too old and lazy to put it in a box... Tried that "Cooler" thingy ... cut holes in a $40 cooler, threw it away.
Found 2 shrouds 4", 2 noise reducing 4' x 4" hoses, a foot stool and my winter wardrobe.
Voila, 56db and that mostly stems from the PSU hanging outside the pile ...
Carry on and thank you Braiins OS TEAM!!!!
legendary
Hi, I tested the firmware on the S9 13.5 T model and S9i 14 T model and it's great !
I have around 200 old S9 with fixed frequency of 550 MHz can I use the Braiins - OS firmware on the fixed frequency models as well ?

As far as i know, the only possible limitation could be the controller itself:

What Antminer S9 flavors are supported?

All S9 variants (S9, S9i, S9j) are supported, however, the amount of possible variations is rather high. Initially, for this reason we recommend testing our SD card images first. Once you are confident that the firmware operates according to your expectations, you can apply factory transitional firmware images.

So as suggested, try booting one unit with the sd card first. If it doesn't work, you remove the card and move the jumper back and its like nothing ever happened. No worries.
You need the Xilinx controller board they are cheap on ebay
If you use the web image install it will stop you from installing on the old controllers
Activity: 261
Merit: 100
Hi, I tested the firmware on the S9 13.5 T model and S9i 14 T model and it's great !
I have around 200 old S9 with fixed frequency of 550 MHz can I use the Braiins - OS firmware on the fixed frequency models as well ?

br
The only way I have installed is by using the braiins web image using the dec 5 s9 GUI
Running 100 s9 in a modified 20 ft shipping container, all modified to braiins now.
Switched all my s9 550 and 600 fixed mhz controllers to xilinx boards.
legendary
Upgraded board from s9 dec5 to braiins. While configuring /etc/cgminer.conf went to zero length.
Grabbed cgminer.conf off another braiins miner.
Laid it down in /etc/and everything is fine. Had to change the worker.
Found that the cgminer.conf file is a json file with no newlines.
I tried to indent for easier reading and it and it got sick. Reverted and AOK.
Grabbed some xlinix boards off amazon. Upgraded them to braiins and replaced one of my C5 controllers with it. Works great.
My C5 controllers run the chips at 100C. I like the 75C from braiins better. braiins boots faster with the no-preheat.

You are not alone. I have gotten that bug (blank /etc/cgminer.conf) before. Can be fixed by reinstalling the firmware package or just doing what you did Smiley
Upgraded board from s9 dec5 to braiins. While configuring /etc/cgminer.conf went to zero length.
Grabbed cgminer.conf off another braiins miner.
Laid it down in /etc/and everything is fine. Had to change the worker.
Found that the cgminer.conf file is a json file with no newlines.
I tried to indent for easier reading and it and it got sick. Reverted and AOK.
Grabbed some xlinix boards off amazon. Upgraded them to braiins and replaced one of my C5 controllers with it. Works great.
My C5 controllers run the chips at 100C. I like the 75C from braiins better. braiins boots faster with the no-preheat.
legendary
@braiins Is there any chance to make FW for T15/S15 antminers?

I think they are planning it, as long as Bitmain won't stop them. I'm not sure what the situation is with SSH access as i don't own an S15...

Quote from: Jan Čapek
Hey, #Miners! You may be thinking that you own your @BITMAINtech S15 mining hardware, but you are wrong. The new S15 comes completely locked, no ssh, no telnet. The factory firmware is signed to prevent attacker to supply Trojan images stealing hash rate - apparently The intent seems good but its evil! You should be able to take complete control of your device. NOTE: logging into the device via serial console is not a production acceptable way. Or would you like to run around your farm with a serial cable ;-)? @james_hilliard did some research on this and was able to bypass signature check and as proof of concept enabled ssh. Come on @BITMAINtech give the community the sources and you'll get a chance to patch the security hole. #TakeBackControl @braiins_systems #BraiinsOS

https://twitter.com/janbraiins/status/1095446379156201478

It would be sad if serial was required to start the firmware replacement process, but if it comes to that, then so be it...

Quote from: Jan Čapek
we r planning April update, there r a few fixes in sensor detection on S9
Activity: 303
Merit: 105
@braiins Is there any chance to make FW for T15/S15 antminers?
Activity: 5
Then try disconnecting all three boards, and connect only one, power on and check. Swap power and data cables, try to see if that makes a difference.

You cannot check every chip individually (its way too advanced) but each board is doable.

Already tried all that, no luck, looks like it might be time to buy a new board.
legendary
Then try disconnecting all three boards, and connect only one, power on and check. Swap power and data cables, try to see if that makes a difference.

You cannot check every chip individually (its way too advanced) but each board is doable.
Cheaper to buy a whole s9 than to get the board fixed. That’s why I have a stack of dead boards and a bunch of shells with controllers

Haha I don't really have the money for either at the moment, thinking about finding a board on ebay and just replacing it.
I will test all the chips first and see if it is one of them, if not I'll buy a new board eventually and just run two boards in the meantime.

I have now reverted back to bitmain FW and still no change on the board, no red status light on the board, nor is it showing in the Ant Miner interface.

Miner Status page: https://i.imgur.com/xyW8YzI.png

System page: https://i.imgur.com/aOgkPqr.png

Sorry for flooding this thread, thank you for the help, I appreciate it, it looks like it may be time to test each chip individually and go from there, if no result from there I shall buy a new board off eBay.
Cheaper to buy a whole s9 than to get the board fixed. That’s why I have a stack of dead boards and a bunch of shells with controllers
Thank you, I'll have a look soon when I switch the miner back on may have to run it with only 2 boards until I can afford a new one, might even take the board in to a computer shop to get them to look at it, hopefully downclocking fixes the issue, however I don't think it will as I unplugged everything except that hashing board and switched the power on and still no red light on it, so I'd say either a chip or capacitor is stuffed or the board is fried.
Pages:
Jump to: