Pages:
Author

Topic: Braiins OS & Braiins OS+ custom ASIC firmware: optimize performance & efficiency - page 34. (Read 45027 times)

Activity: 91
Merit: 17
Thanks, I'm not alone with this glitch  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
mine appears to only work on asic pools even when not checked.
Activity: 91
Merit: 17
I installed Braiins OS using SD card image

Burn SD card with this file :
https://feeds.braiins-os.org/braiins-os_am1-s9_sd_2018-11-27-0-c34516b0.img

Need to move JP4 on controller to boot on SD card.
https://docs.braiins-os.org/s9

Work great, but unchecking ASIC Boost option have no effect.
Always stuck on ASIC Boost mode.

Anyone you have same results ?

Switching to standard mode would be useful to mine alt-coin like DGB or profit for higher mining price on Nicehash compare to ASIC Boost mode.
legendary
The solar power is cheap real cheap. But it is 40k-watts

So a cheap s9i doing 80 or 81 watts a th works better since 49 x 10040 = about 500th of hash.

If I overclock and do 90 watts a th  I get about 40000/90 = 444 th of hash.

Yeah I only need say 35 units vs 49  but s9is are cheap enough it is not an issue.
Activity: 500
Merit: 105
well in my case since power is super cheap, most of the miners are overclocked. like running around 14.2T and use BOS mainly to run my 13.5T at 14T and above.
slowly increasing the frequency and trying to reach 14.5T at the S9 14.5 got the same number of ASIC chips, so the miner should run OK at 14.5T (without ASIC boost)
Am running BOS now on 12 S9s without issues (since they released it) from SD cards.
In the next release I wish they add fan control.
legendary
What are your deciding factors for Frequency and Voltage?

https://imgur.com/xVXIBq1

825 watts

well  I have lots of space I could fit 100 units easy

but I have 40kwatts of cheap power.

so getting close to 800 watts and 10000gh is a good goal for me and an s9i.

I settled in at freq 500 cause it gives close to 10000 gh

so all 3 boards have freq 500

I know that a board sometimes is a good over clock board
I know that a board sometimes is a good under clock board
much like a cpu some do better in one direction than another.

so if I can do 800 watts and 10000 gh I can run  50 x 800 = 40kwatts and 500th

my deal is 50-50 spilt of coins so 250th free hash

the location can fit 100 units but solar will only provide 40kwatts 24/7.

I set freq 500 on 3 boards and 8.7 volts on 3 boards

I kept dropping volts

hoping to get to 10000gh and 800 watts

board 0 did not work well at 8.0 volts it gives 3000 gh

board 1 gave 3400 gh at 8.0 volts
board 2 gave 3400 gh at 8.0 volts

so that was 815-820 watts and 9800 gh about 83 watts a th

I pushed board 0 to 8.1 volts

and I got
board 0 3240 gh   8.1
board 1 3400 gh   8.0
board 2 3400 gh   8.0

this is 10040gh at 815-825 watts or  81.17-82.17 watts a th

since I have 40 kwatts of cheap power runing 50 of these will be about 41.25 kwatts

I should run 48 of them   that is 39.6 k-watts.

The location can do 100kwatts but the 60kwatts over the solar array cost 11 cents a kwatt and don't pay to do.

Since I have lots of space I will have idle gear to add on if price spikes.
legendary
after 1 day of trial and error

board 0 at freq 500 volts at 8.1
board 1 at freq 500 volts at 8.0
board 2 at freq 500 volts at 8.0

yields 10030 gh/s at 823 watts  which is really good for an s9i  plus it is pretty quiet

Activity: 59
Merit: 10
Hello .. the braiin os is cool but the problem i run into is:  when i am at my mini farm 30 miners i get API connection stalled and then cant connect to miner ...

i mean i can still go mess with the other settings and pool side i am connected but it is very annoying because i cannot monitor the overclock settings so it makes it very hard to fine tune the miners

However when i bring 1 machine home and test run it there everything works very well and miners run optimal ....

anyone else got that issue ? ...

feels like it has something to do with my switch but all my miners that are not on brain os  dont have that issue

Make sure you're able to use unsecured port 80. That's what's uhttp is looking for access to. My one computer won't allow me to port forward from off network due to some security issues. Idk, I just made an exception in the tcp forwards to allow all connections to that ip. Idk what it was but try to allow all connections to 443,4028,80,8080

See what works

952 watts doing 10500  set at freq 500 and 8.7 v

I can do 90 watts a th with bitmain firmware.

at the moment this is doing 90 watts a th.

I will play with it. to see if I go to 85 watts a

1002 watts doing 11050 set at freq and 8.7volt

which is 90 watts a th.

The new bitmain firmware sets your boards to (roughly) 450 frequency and 8.3 volts. So, I'd assume you could do 500 at 8.3 or 8.4 and get better watt/TH
legendary
952 watts doing 10500  set at freq 500 and 8.7 v

I can do 90 watts a th with bitmain firmware.

at the moment this is doing 90 watts a th.

I will play with it. to see if I go to 85 watts a

1002 watts doing 11050 set at freq and 8.7volt

which is 90 watts a th.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1561
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
Hello .. the braiin os is cool but the problem i run into is:  when i am at my mini farm 30 miners i get API connection stalled and then cant connect to miner ...

i mean i can still go mess with the other settings and pool side i am connected but it is very annoying because i cannot monitor the overclock settings so it makes it very hard to fine tune the miners

However when i bring 1 machine home and test run it there everything works very well and miners run optimal ....

feels like it has something to do with my switch but all my miners that are not on brain os  dont have that issue

I have not encountered that problem. Seems to me you have an issue with the way you connect to the miners. Is SSH working ok? Can you connect remotely using SSH instead of the web interface?
Activity: 1
Merit: 0

speaking about fan speeds? what I love about BOS is that fan speeds are lower than Bitmain's thus making less noise.
but is it OK for the miner to run at higher temperatures? my miners are not exceeding 82
thanks.
Activity: 16
Merit: 15
Yes, the problem is that it expect TWO FANs. To overcome it, you can connect RPM pin from FAN1 with FAN2 on control board. Just connect pin with yellow wire with the same position at FAN2 position. Always do this when disconnected power - next pin is 12V which will permanently damage control board when connected to RPM yellow pin. (I did it.)

For the time being you are not supposed to use Braiins OS with the R4 at all.

Oh sorry, I forgot one much easier workaround. Just simply add any 3pin or 4pin CPU fan and leave it on the top of the miner running freely.
copper member
Activity: 330
Merit: 103
So glad I could be of help and that you've successfully returned to factory! Hopefully future releases will go better.

Braiins support mentioned that they're working to do away with the dependency on backups to return to factory firmware in future releases.
Activity: 8
Merit: 6
thanks for your help
i have successfully restored factory firmware image by using these commands from windows
i'll put the line here so that it may help another

Code:
C:\python\braiins-os>python restore2factory.py backup/ 192.168.2.244 --factory-image backup/Antminer-S9-all-201711171757-autofreq-user-Update2UBI-NF.tar.gz

install python
make a folder called backup
put the factory image in it, along with two more files: uEnv.txt and config.tar.gz (that contains mac adress)

You need to run:

Code:
python3 restore2factory.py path/to/backup hostname --factory-image path/to/Antminer-S9-all-201812051512-autofreq-user-Update2UBI-NF.tar.gz

you may need to use an older factory firmware as I can’t remember whether the newest LPM firmwares are partial updates as opposed to full firmware images.

Here are the instructions for if you do not have a backup from when you upgraded to bOS

1.) create empty directory backup
2.) create text file mac (without any file extension)
3.) write one line with MAC address to the file mac (you can obtain your MAC address from web interface Network -> Interfaces -> MAC-Address)
4.) compress the file mac with tar using gzip compression and store it to the backup directory with a name config.tar.gz
5.) create a file called uEnv.txt in the back up directory containing the following information:

Code:
recovery_mtdparts=mtdparts=pl35x-nand:32m(BOOT.bin-env-dts-kernel),144m(angstram-rootfs),80m(upgrade-rootfs)

This is from the walkthrough given to me by Braiins support.
legendary
Max frequency is 655

If you put that frequency manually in the cgminer settings, try unsetting it by unticking the left buttons, and see if with the auto/default frequencies remains stable.
copper member
Activity: 330
Merit: 103
Are you certain they have unique MAC addresses? I think as part of the bOS upgrade it changes the MAC addresses if you don't specify them.
Are you overclocking or using the auto settings?

Max frequency is 655
legendary
is anyone having issues with sudden "miner death"?

Are you overclocking or using the auto settings?
another question about chip temperature? is it now correct or estimation?

I like the BOS cause the fans are running low thus the miners are quiet. but need to make sure the chi temps are correct.

and regarding voltages, I know this was asked before but probably it can be summarized as BOS is showing recommended voltage based on the frequency:

shouldn't I increase the voltage when increasing the frequency?

Does any have a "optimal" values (Frequency/voltage) they can share?

Thanks!

is anyone having issues with sudden "miner death"?
This is the first time it happens, I have 10 S9 running on BOS Cobalt and 4 S9 on Bitmain's, all 10 BOS S9 stopped mining at the same time (red lights flashing, can't connect via LAN); the other 4 S9 that are connected to the same switch are working fine.

Fixed by recycling the power.

Pages:
Jump to: