Pages:
Author

Topic: Braiins OS & Braiins OS+ custom ASIC firmware: optimize performance & efficiency - page 35. (Read 45027 times)

copper member
Activity: 330
Merit: 103
I've set this before:

Code:
cd braiins-os_am1-s9_ssh_VERSION
virtualenv --python=/usr/bin/python3 .env
source .env/bin/activate
pip install -r ./requirements.txt

after:

Code:
python3 restore2factory.py Antminer-S9-all-201812051512-autofreq-user-Update2UBI-NF.tar.gz 172.16.0.134
Extracting backup tarball...
Invalid backup tarball!

It's invalid backup....

You need to run:

Code:
python3 restore2factory.py path/to/backup hostname --factory-image path/to/Antminer-S9-all-201812051512-autofreq-user-Update2UBI-NF.tar.gz

you may need to use an older factory firmware as I can’t remember whether the newest LPM firmwares are partial updates as opposed to full firmware images.

Here are the instructions for if you do not have a backup from when you upgraded to bOS

1.) create empty directory backup
2.) create text file mac (without any file extension)
3.) write one line with MAC address to the file mac (you can obtain your MAC address from web interface Network -> Interfaces -> MAC-Address)
4.) compress the file mac with tar using gzip compression and store it to the backup directory with a name config.tar.gz
5.) create a file called uEnv.txt in the back up directory containing the following information:

Code:
recovery_mtdparts=mtdparts=pl35x-nand:32m(BOOT.bin-env-dts-kernel),144m(angstram-rootfs),80m(upgrade-rootfs)

This is from the walkthrough given to me by Braiins support.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1561
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
Yes, the problem is that it expect TWO FANs. To overcome it, you can connect RPM pin from FAN1 with FAN2 on control board. Just connect pin with yellow wire with the same position at FAN2 position. Always do this when disconnected power - next pin is 12V which will permanently damage control board when connected to RPM yellow pin. (I did it.)

For the time being you are not supposed to use Braiins OS with the R4 at all.
Activity: 500
Merit: 105
similar behavior with the S9, after few seconds the miner will stop hashing if there is a fan error.
Activity: 16
Merit: 15
is any of you having issues with fan speeds?

some miners are like running at fan full speed every 1-2 minutes for like 10s (continuous)

Yes, this problem exist under light load or cold ambient temperature. Next release will probably fix it.

I've installed this via the web portal on one of my R4's and am having problems getting it to hash. It will submit 3-4 shares before stopping. It appears to be linked to fan speed as when the fans drop from start up, around 3k rpm, the miner stops hashing. For some reason the fans drop as low as 800 rpm (never seen them that low) and my guess is thats causing a failure mode to kick in like it does on the s9's when people disconnect the fans to try and oil cool. As there is no way to control fan speeds through BOS at the moment, I can't test this theory. I'm in contact with Braiins support and will keep the thread update with how this issue gets resolved.

Yes, the problem is that it expect TWO FANs. To overcome it, you can connect RPM pin from FAN1 with FAN2 on control board. Just connect pin with yellow wire with the same position at FAN2 position. Always do this when disconnected power - next pin is 12V which will permanently damage control board when connected to RPM yellow pin. (I did it.)

Next release should fix this problem.
Activity: 500
Merit: 105
is any of you having issues with fan speeds?

some miners are like running at fan full speed every 1-2 minutes for like 10s (continuous)
legendary
This restore accept only the backup make before from braiins ?

Yes. But there is a method to restore the firmware manually.
Activity: 75
Merit: 0
I've set this before:

Code:
source .env/bin/activate

after:

Code:
python3 restore2factory.py Antminer-S9-all-201812051512-autofreq-user-Update2UBI-NF.tar.gz 172.16.0.134
Extracting backup tarball...
Invalid backup tarball!

It's invalid backup....

This restore accept only the backup make before from braiins ?
Activity: 59
Merit: 10
this seems odd to me, running on default settings and lpm off:

voltage and frequency seem off:8.9V and  650MHZ (when should be 630MHZ), temperatures are high
and also, the hash rate on overclock doesn't get reported  pool-side to be like the S9 reports it

https://imgur.com/a/pxkRpgg

I'd drop those volts, my lord. I can run 800mhz at 8.8v with BARELY any he errors. For those low frequencies I'd drop the volts to 8.4 or 8.5 and then, your heat will drop. Turn lpm on. And you will see the advantages.

You're going to burn up your hashboards with that high volts and low frequencies.
Activity: 8
Merit: 6
this seems odd to me, running on default settings and lpm off:

voltage and frequency seem off:8.9V and  650MHZ (when should be 630MHZ), temperatures are high
and also, the hash rate on overclock doesn't get reported  pool-side to be like the S9 reports it

https://imgur.com/a/pxkRpgg
copper member
Activity: 330
Merit: 103
I've create an sd card with Etcher and i put the original bios (Antminer-S9-all-201812051512-autofreq-user-Update2UBI-NF.tar.gz) into the sd card, switch jumper for start from sd and run the s9.
I've download the ssh version and type this command from terminal.
Where's the error?

[...]

Did you run (linux):

Code:
source .env/bin/activate

That is what fixed that error for me and was the recommendation from Braiins support. Seems you need to be using virtualenv and install everything in requirements.txt so that you have a proper python3 environment.
I've create an sd card with Etcher and i put the original bios (Antminer-S9-all-201812051512-autofreq-user-Update2UBI-NF.tar.gz) into the sd card, switch jumper for start from sd and run the s9.
I've download the ssh version and type this command from terminal.
Where's the error?

Code:
free@srv-1 ~/Scaricati/braiins-os_am1-s9_ssh_2018-11-27-0-c34516b0 $ python3 restore2factory.py Antminer-S9-all-201812051512-autofreq-user-Update2UBI-NF.tar.gz 172.16.0.134
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "restore2factory.py", line 25, in
    import upgrade.platform as platform
  File "/home/free/Scaricati/braiins-os_am1-s9_ssh_2018-11-27-0-c34516b0/upgrade/platform.py", line 29, in
    from .transfer import Progress
  File "/home/free/Scaricati/braiins-os_am1-s9_ssh_2018-11-27-0-c34516b0/upgrade/transfer.py", line 25, in
    from progress.bar import Bar
ImportError: No module named 'progress'
Activity: 48
Merit: 14
Hi all.

I tried Wolfram in my S9 earlier (and loved it), but I've now been offline for a while due to low bitcoin price.

Yesterday however I jumped back in after putting Cobalt (love it even more) on both my own and my friends SD-card.

Long story short:

My S9
- 13.5 THs February 2018 batch
- Firmware: November 2017 autofrequency + November 2018 LPM
- Running Cobalt from SD-card
- Works like a charm

My friends S9
- 13.5 THs older batch (not sure how old, but newer than C5 control board)
- Firmware: November 2017 autofrequency + November 2018 LPM
- Running Cobalt from SD-card
- No temp-readings and fans running full speed. Otherwise works like a charm.

So any solution to this yet?

BR.
Steff
Activity: 159
Merit: 12
Can i put the firmware bitmain in the ssd, change the switch for start from ssd, start and flash the bitmain firmware?

yep
I've prepare a ssd with brains firmware,
Can i put the firmware bitmain in the ssd, change the switch for start from ssd, start and flash the bitmain firmware?
Or
I must be install the firmware braiins in another s9 from sd card, after restore the save firmware and after restore also into the first s9?
Yes, but i wish to optimize the efficiency, with bitmain firmware i mine 9,3 Th/s with 706W eff. 0,76.
The difficult is come back to bitmain firmware...
I don't have a backup.... how can i fix this?
I've another s9 for make the backup, but there's the instruction only for create a backup without install ?

if you dont have backup - then you need to use SD card to boot asic and flash bitmain fw.
Yes, but i wish to optimize the efficiency, with bitmain firmware i mine 9,3 Th/s with 706W eff. 0,76.
The difficult is come back to bitmain firmware...
I don't have a backup.... how can i fix this?
I've another s9 for make the backup, but there's the instruction only for create a backup without install ?
Thanks, now it's started, but i don't like.... only 13 Th/s with 1200w
How can i install the bitmain firmware?

try to increase voltage on all boards. fe for freq 650 (14Th) it should be 8.8 volt.
Thanks, now it's started, but i don't like.... only 13 Th/s with 1200w
How can i install the bitmain firmware?
legendary

Code:
/usr/lib/lua/luci/model/cbi/cgminer.lua:297: default configuration not available, create /etc/cgminer.conf

How can i fix?

I have experienced that one before...
Try removing the package firmware from the web ui or from ssh with the command opkg remove firmware.
hello, i installed braiins os by web on s9 13.5 all good, but when i go to cgminer, i have error

Code:
/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:460: Failed to execute cbi dispatcher target for entry '/admin/services/cgminer'.
The called action terminated with an exception:
/usr/lib/lua/luci/model/cbi/cgminer.lua:297: default configuration not available, create /etc/cgminer.conf
stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'assert'
    /usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:460: in function 'dispatch'
    /usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:141: in function

How can i fix?
Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: