Pages:
Author

Topic: Braiins OS & Braiins OS+ custom ASIC firmware: optimize performance & efficiency - page 36. (Read 45027 times)

Activity: 60
Merit: 0
I've found that the API crashes if you leave the miner status page up in your browser.  I've stopped leaving the page open and only check it periodically.  Seems to help.

If you go to Services > Miner and click save/apply.  It'll restart the miner and the API used by the monitor page.
Activity: 17
Yes the miner is working fine pool side.

I am using a SDCard and did a fresh firmware and have tried two different cards but the same results, the old firmware works fine.

Only thing is it is not showing the miner screen and it is saying

Miner Status
API connection status: Not connected
copper member
Activity: 330
Merit: 103
The miner status is not visible........although the miner is working fine.

What can be done to resolve the following ?

Miner Status

Is the miner hashing pool side?
Activity: 17
The miner status is not visible........although the miner is working fine.

What can be done to resolve the following ?

Miner Status
Activity: 60
[...]

Thank you for releasing this software.  The installation was well-documented and easy to follow.  I'm getting the same hash rate with 1 amp less of input power.

And thanks Bitmain... for using an unfair advantage.
Activity: 33
Merit: 10
Is there way to retain the current MAC address of the units when upgrading directly without SD card step?

UPDATE:  The MAC address stays the same; but DHCP server of my router assigns the machine a new IP.  The hostname is the same 'antMiner'; anyone come up with a solution where it will connect to the network and bind to the same IP?  (Other than assigning static IPs via the router)
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1561
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
Can you give us install steps for the "alternative image flashable via Antminer web interface"?  That would be greatly appreciated.

If you own an S9:

In the Antminer web UI...
  • System -> Upgrade -> Flash new firmware image.

You won't get a backup of the factory firmware if you use this method...

To use the other method you don't need any "linux skills", you only need python installed, as the instructions clearly indicate here:
https://docs.braiins-os.org/#phase-2-permanently-migrating-from-factory-firmware-to-braiins-os

IIRC you will get a new mac address so your devices will probably need to be reconfigured for network again, and you might need to scan your network to find them again. No, the Bitmain tool won't work anymore, you need another network scanner (or check your router dhcp server). So consider doing this on site if you are not confident.
Activity: 12
According to this post on the slushpool website it says in this update of Braiins OS there is "an alternative image flashable via Antminer web interface".

https://slushpool.com/news/braiins-os-cobalt-released/

But nowhere on the braiins OS website or github does it mention the "alternative image flashable via Antminer web interface", or give any install steps for that alternative image.  This would be my preferred way of installing as I have nearly 0 linux skills and my miners are a 6 hour drive away.

Can you give us install steps for the "alternative image flashable via Antminer web interface"?  That would be greatly appreciated.
legendary
running all my miners from sd cards, is there an advantage for flashing the firmware to the miner?

If you are happy with Braiins OS, you can free up your sd cards. If you do it using their python script, you get to keep a backup of the factory firmware which you can revert to at anytime later. Be sure to turn off, restore the jumper positions, and boot from internal NAND before attempting this.

So the main advantage is: you get your sd cards back Smiley
Activity: 500
Merit: 105
running all my miners from sd cards, is there an advantage for flashing the firmware to the miner?
Activity: 2
I would definitely recommend contacting Braiins support (through slushpool) and getting their help.
Alternatively, you could attempt the Braiins install over SSH and see if you can flash a new, complete install that way.

To reset, simply remove the package "firmware". You can do this in the web ui or via ssh by issuing the command opkg remove firmware.

Thanks guys! I initially tried holding the IP RESET button down for 10 seconds but that didn't seem to do anything so I connected via SSH and ran 'opkg remove firmware' which sorted it!

Thanks again
legendary
I think I need to factory reset the miner back to default Braiins settings but I cant see how to do that? I used braiins-os_am1-s9_web_2018-11-27-0-c34516b0.tar.gz via the web panel from the Bitmain firmware to change over to Braiins.

To reset, simply remove the package "firmware". You can do this in the web ui or via ssh by issuing the command opkg remove firmware.
Activity: 97
Merit: 5
I wasn't able to find a per chip frequency adjustment and from what the wording looks like it seems more of an automatic thing if you do not set the frequency.

I mostly think this as the systems that are running this that have had issues crashing don't seem to crash on Braiins, my thought being the bad chips are being downclocked and not forced at a higher frequency that then crashes the system.

Thank you for the update, this makes more sense now.
copper member
Hi Guys,

I've just installed Braiins on an S9 and I had an issue when configuring cgminer; basically the power dropped as the system was saving the info in the config so now the cgminer page doesnt load properly.

I think I need to factory reset the miner back to default Braiins settings but I cant see how to do that? I used braiins-os_am1-s9_web_2018-11-27-0-c34516b0.tar.gz via the web panel from the Bitmain firmware to change over to Braiins.

I've tried to remove cgminer and re-install it but that hasnt worked.. infact, now the menu item for cgminer is gone..

Anyone have any tips?

Thanks

I would definitely recommend contacting Braiins support (through slushpool) and getting their help.

Alternatively, you could attempt the Braiins install over SSH and see if you can flash a new, complete install that way.
Activity: 2
Hi Guys,

I've just installed Braiins on an S9 and I had an issue when configuring cgminer; basically the power dropped as the system was saving the info in the config so now the cgminer page doesnt load properly.

I've tried to remove cgminer and re-install it but that hasnt worked.. infact, now the menu item for cgminer is gone..

Anyone have any tips?

Thanks
Activity: 465
Merit: 309
Where can I see and change "per chip frequency calibration for Antminer S9" or is it automated in the background?

I wasn't able to find a per chip frequency adjustment and from what the wording looks like it seems more of an automatic thing if you do not set the frequency.

I mostly think this as the systems that are running this that have had issues crashing don't seem to crash on Braiins, my thought being the bad chips are being downclocked and not forced at a higher frequency that then crashes the system.
Activity: 97
Merit: 5
Where can I see and change "per chip frequency calibration for Antminer S9" or is it automated in the background?
legendary
I'm running the 24.10.2018 image on sd card on s9i
Is it safe to upgrade it via web to latest?

When I try to do "opkg install firmware" or "opkg upgrade firmware" it gives me "Unknown package 'firmware'" or "Cannot install package firmware"

Did you opkg update first?
Since you are using the sd card, you could also just take it out and flash the new one...

Is there a place that lists all the changes for Cobalt?

Here: https://github.com/braiins/braiins-os/blob/bos-release/whatsnew.md
copper member
I'm on WIndows
I just don't get how to create a backup from my other identical s9
Thanx

I didn’t either until support walked me through the process. Your backup is just the original firmware from Bitmain and a directory on your computer named backup with a text file and a compressed config file. I used a raspi for my restore2factory as Linux, do you have a raspi?

You don’t need any other machine, the process is installing a fresh flash of the BM fw with some other files needed to complete that flash
Activity: 112
Merit: 3
Linux Forever... Resistance is futile!!!
I'm running the 24.10.2018 image on sd card on s9i
Is it safe to upgrade it via web to latest?

When I try to do "opkg install firmware" or "opkg upgrade firmware" it gives me "Unknown package 'firmware'" or "Cannot install package firmware"
Pages:
Jump to: