Pages:
Author

Topic: Braiins OS & Braiins OS+ custom ASIC firmware: optimize performance & efficiency - page 39. (Read 45027 times)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
What are the steps for updating the firmware, I have tried updating via ssh and via software menu but to no success.

Or do we have to re-image the card again?

Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1561
CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang
So, what free open source monitoring software can be used with this version?
Activity: 13
Merit: 11
It would be sweet if you also added a decent REST API. I'd like to add support to my management tool: https://github.com/brndnmtthws/mother-of-dragons

I can't find any documentation about your API, so from what I can tell the only thing available is what cgminer ships with.

One thing that's great about the T1 (and Innosilicon miners) is that it has a reasonable REST API.
copper member
Activity: 15
Merit: 21
BTC mining: Slush Pool, Stratum V2 & Braiins OS+
NEW RELEASE: Braiins OS Cobalt is here!

Current upgrades:

• new status page
  • per chip frequency calibration for Antminer S9
  • improved bulk upgrades
  • full compatibility with AwesomeMinerApp
  • ...and much more!

Visit braiins-os.org for more information and downloads.

Any feedback is really appreciated!

=====

Say goodbye to backdoors, closed systems and “hidden features”. Braiins OS is completely open-source and transparent.
The code is available to anyone to understand, audit and verify. And of course, you are invited to build on top of it.
Activity: 546
Merit: 253
Love the OS, great work. I do think implementing a fix for the temps should be a high priority.
Activity: 500
Merit: 105
My S9 was not bricked, but I was able to boot from SD.

Assuming you have Braiins loaded on a bootable SD, you need to change the jumper pins on the S9 control board. Unfortunately the case design of the S9 required me to completely disconnect the controller (all cables), unscrew the face plate and pull the whole controller card out.

Below are the pin settings for the S9:

https://i.imgur.com/oO2WbGI.jpg

1- you can just remove the fan, pull the hashing board little bit out of the case without removing them all out until you can pull the control board.
2- or, as I did, setup 3 wires on jumper 4, that you can use to switch between NAN and SD.
legendary
Activity: 1258
Merit: 1027
I have an S9J with a bricked control board. Is there a way for me to run braiins os off of sd? I tried and no go, any help?

My S9 was not bricked, but I was able to boot from SD.

Assuming you have Braiins loaded on a bootable SD, you need to change the jumper pins on the S9 control board. Unfortunately the case design of the S9 required me to completely disconnect the controller (all cables), unscrew the face plate and pull the whole controller card out.

Below are the pin settings for the S9:

Activity: 801
Merit: 293
Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA
Never heard that someone could successfully flash the s9 miner through sd card. According to Bitmain "it cannot be done through SD card flashing".

Anyway, have you tried the method from here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/rescuing-a-bricked-t9-and-s9-control-board-howto-2386296

I'm sure you can fix this issue by following the method above.

I have not taken a close enough look. Possible eprom flash?
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 2904
Block halving is coming.
I have an S9J with a bricked control board. Is there a way for me to run braiins os off of sd? I tried and no go, any help?

Never heard that someone could successfully flash the s9 miner through sd card. According to Bitmain "it cannot be done through SD card flashing".

Anyway, have you tried the method from here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/rescuing-a-bricked-t9-and-s9-control-board-howto-2386296

I'm sure you can fix this issue by following the method above.
Activity: 6
Merit: 1
Activity: 159
Merit: 12
So I've been testing out braiins for a little over a week on an S9 mining to slush pool.

After playing around with the frequencies and voltage for a while I've found 712MHz at 8.7 volts to deliver a stable 14THs, pretty good for a 13.5THs miner.

I have other miners on the pool that are not running Braiins that report simmilar hash rates on the miner and the pool, why the discrepancy? I've exhausted my own troubleshooting options, anyone have any suggestions?

at 712 freq, you should have 15.2 Th in ideal.  for getting 14Th - 650 freq enough. try to decrease freq and increase voltage.  try 650 freq and 9.0v
legendary
Activity: 1258
Merit: 1027
So I've been testing out braiins for a little over a week on an S9 mining to slush pool.

After playing around with the frequencies and voltage for a while I've found 712MHz at 8.7 volts to deliver a stable 14THs, pretty good for a 13.5THs miner.

The issue I'm encountering is that the reported hash rate on the pool and the miner are very different. While the miner shows ~14THs Slush Pool is only reporting ~9.5THs.

I have other miners on the pool that are not running Braiins that report simmilar hash rates on the miner and the pool, why the discrepancy? I've exhausted my own troubleshooting options, anyone have any suggestions?
Activity: 1
Hi
How can I check errors and error status of hash-board?
In my S9 13.5 one hash-board stopped working
https://i.ibb.co/PZ5GLLj/2018-11-28-13-13-47.png
Activity: 112
Merit: 3
Linux Forever... Resistance is futile!!!
If you do nothing else, please for the love of god give us back the default status page that shows if we have bad chips and the current frequency of everything, temps, fan speeds, and stale, rejected, hw error, pool status, all on one page... your interface is nice but the other information is more important, and that it all be in one place is also important..

+1

Is there any way to see which pool is connected and mining in the current version?
Activity: 4
If you do nothing else, please for the love of god give us back the default status page that shows if we have bad chips and the current frequency of everything, temps, fan speeds, and stale, rejected, hw error, pool status, all on one page... your interface is nice but the other information is more important, and that it all be in one place is also important..
copper member
braiins, any plans to add more details into Web-UI like bad chips, asics number, HW errors counter, board temp, pool Diff, works, accept/reject/lstime/blocks etc. ?

Hi,

yes, definitely. We are finalizing a brand new status page with more details.

and also will flashing braiins fw by gui too be supported? for dummies like me...lol

Hi,

yes, we would like to make it easier as well  Smiley
Activity: 26
braiins, any plans to add more details into Web-UI like bad chips, asics number, HW errors counter, board temp, pool Diff, works, accept/reject/lstime/blocks etc. ?

and also will flashing braiins fw by gui too be supported? for dummies like me...lol
Activity: 159
Merit: 12
copper member
Hello, I just installed the latest build of braiins-os (via terminal) to my Dec 2017 batch S9s (auto tune, 13.5s).

And they are hashing OK (725 + 8.9v = ~15th), but on none of them are board temperatures being displayed/reported via your graph/web interface.

Bug?

Hi,

thanks for your feedback.

We are already aware of issues with temperature stats. We are currently working hard on a new release that has fixed API and overview page with realtime data and should solve these problems.

The new release should be out in couple of days.
Thanks for your patience and have a nice day,
Activity: 9
hello, i installed braiins os by ssh on s9 13.5 all good, but when i go to cgminer, i have error

Code:
/usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:460: Failed to execute cbi dispatcher target for entry '/admin/services/cgminer'.
The called action terminated with an exception:
/usr/lib/lua/luci/model/cbi/cgminer.lua:297: default configuration not available, create /etc/cgminer.conf
stack traceback:
    [C]: in function 'assert'
    /usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:460: in function 'dispatch'
    /usr/lib/lua/luci/dispatcher.lua:141: in function

plz help.
Pages:
Jump to: