Pages:
Author

Topic: Braiins OS & Braiins OS+ custom ASIC firmware: optimize performance & efficiency - page 41. (Read 45027 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 3
Linux Forever... Resistance is futile!!!
These are the hashrates and powers I got in 15 minutes tests with antminer s9i 14Th/s:

Code:
Freq Volt Th/s Watt Watt/Th
650 8.8 13.80 1270 92.0290
675 8.7 14.28 1280 89.6359
700 8.7 14.70 1335 90.8163
725 8.7 15.30 1375 89.8693
725 8.6 15.00 1350 90.0000
750 8.7 15.65 1420 90.7348
750 8.6 15.30 1390 90.8497

Presuming this is still derived from the original bitmain firmware's implementation -- would you please release an update for this rebased on the 11/3 update from bitmain that resolves the 'hashrate dropping over time' issue?  (Or advise that it's not necessary for your implementation)

https://twitter.com/Antminer_main/status/1058714676865855488

Thanks

I have not tested braiins more than 15 minutes and have not seen drops in that time frame
Have you experienced hash drops over time?
If so after how long?
Activity: 79
Merit: 14
  • Second alpha release Wolfram with overt AsicBoost support for all S9's

Presuming this is still derived from the original bitmain firmware's implementation -- would you please release an update for this rebased on the 11/3 update from bitmain that resolves the 'hashrate dropping over time' issue?  (Or advise that it's not necessary for your implementation)

https://twitter.com/Antminer_main/status/1058714676865855488

Thanks
Activity: 159
Merit: 12
Hi, it is possible to share?

sure, i will upload it on github and share here, hope in a few days i find time for it. i'll post link here for it.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
this is simple php page that i created to collect miners stats via API and show on single page.

Hi, it is possible to share?
Can I ask whats the program you use to get all those details in that simple page?

this is simple php page that i created to collect miners stats via API and show on single page.
hmm..well at 670 and 9V am getting 14.7xT
When increasing the frequency some of the chains are not supporting it and hashing lower. Guess this is where the BM autotune comes in handy.

I would check first the autotune frequencies on the original firmware and start from there, and assess which chain is versatile

Thats exactly where we need more info.
Whether higher voltage with lower freq is better or higher freq with lower voltage.
Activity: 500
Merit: 105
At 700M + 8.7V got to 14.85 Th/s and at 725M + 8.7V got to 15.2 Th/s
Temperature was around 80C and fans was working with much lower speed than default.
No idea if its possible to calculate power draw from voltage or I should get a separate power meter to check that.

hmm..well at 670 and 9V am getting 14.7xT
When increasing the frequency some of the chains are not supporting it and hashing lower. Guess this is where the BM autotune comes in handy.

I would check first the autotune frequencies on the original firmware and start from there, and assess which chain is versatile
What's the hashrate at 700?

At 700M + 8.7V got to 14.85 Th/s and at 725M + 8.7V got to 15.2 Th/s
Temperature was around 80C and fans was working with much lower speed than default.
No idea if its possible to calculate power draw from voltage or I should get a separate power meter to check that.
What's the hashrate at 700?
same thing here. I know voltage should increase with overclocking. noticed that when increasing he voltage, I am getting higher hashrate.
Did check the kernel of the bitmain firmware and voltages for the 14T is 8.9/9V.

Thanks for confirming, thought I'm missing some thing
Hopefully some one will shed some light on the matter
I just tested latest braiins on an S9i 14 Th/s to see how it goes
Every thing is perfect and works smooth.

Need a little help understanding the frequency and voltage relations

Default frequency shows 650 M with 8.8 V
When I raise freq to any value higher recommended voltage goes down to 8.7V,

Set it to 700 and recommended voltage shows 8.7
And when lowering freq, voltage goes high So when I set it to 600M it goes to 9.0V

Doesnt raising freq should need higher power and raise voltage ?
Any way to calculate power draw (W) from voltage?

same thing here. I know voltage should increase with overclocking. noticed that when increasing he voltage, I am getting higher hashrate.
Did check the kernel of the bitmain firmware and voltages for the 14T is 8.9/9V.
I just tested latest braiins on an S9i 14 Th/s to see how it goes
Every thing is perfect and works smooth.

Need a little help understanding the frequency and voltage relations

Default frequency shows 650 M with 8.8 V
When I raise freq to any higher value, recommended voltage goes down to 8.7V,

Set it to 700 and recommended voltage shows 8.7
And when lowering freq, voltage goes high So when I set it to 600M it goes to 9.0V

Doesnt raising freq should need higher power and raise voltage ?
Any way to calculate power draw (W) from voltage?

pretty interesting, after installing brains os, one of my S9 shows ~100 C temp however board temp is normal, anybody faced same issue?

https://i.imgur.com/p0qZPov.png

Can I ask whats the program you use to get all those details in that simple page?
Without getting into my reasons of why I or someone else wouldn't want particular miners on braiins (few cards hashing at 5+k TH/s... mmk).  Anyways, the miner can just be restarted and bring back the gui as well as cgminer.  Reinstall isn't going to help thwart off the original issue of downgrading back to bitmain firmware.

i agree, rollback to bitmain fw should work flawlessly, otherwise you get bricked device and need somehow to restore fw.

pretty interesting, after installing brains os, one of my S9 shows ~100 C temp however board temp is normal, anybody faced same issue?

https://i.imgur.com/p0qZPov.png
Activity: 1
HI,

Chain 1 didn´t do any change in hasrate. I tried a few frequenzes but it doesn´t go more than 4.5 th/s. The other two boards working well with 775M and 8.7 Volt, round about (4.9 th/s and 5.4 th/s)

Any ideas?
Activity: 5
i tried to dig into upgrade2bos.py script, and looks like it is possible to re-install it by commenting backup and prep functions:

[...]

Without getting into my reasons of why I or someone else wouldn't want particular miners on braiins (few cards hashing at 5+k TH/s... mmk).  Anyways, the miner can just be restarted and bring back the gui as well as cgminer.  Reinstall isn't going to help thwart off the original issue of downgrading back to bitmain firmware.  I'll probably just end up going the sd card route anyways as I accidentally changed the wrong config line and bricked 3 miners... Whoops.
No nobody has really had a solution for me yet.  I've just been making notes of which ones currently, then I'll come back to it.

i tried to dig into upgrade2bos.py script, and looks like it is possible to re-install it by commenting backup and prep functions:

Code:
def main(args):
    print("Connecting to remote host...")
    with SSHManager(args.hostname, USERNAME, PASSWORD) as ssh:
        # check compatibility of remote server
        check_compatibility(ssh)

#        if not args.no_backup:
#            backup_firmware(ssh)  [b]<-- comment out[/b]

# prepare target directory
        ssh.run('rm', '-fr', TARGET_DIR)
        ssh.run('mkdir', '-p', TARGET_DIR)

# upgrade remote system with missing utilities
        if os.path.isdir(SYSTEM_DIR):
   #         prepare_system(ssh)  [b]<-- comment out[/b]
Activity: 5
I have the same issue, have you managed to recover it to original firmware or restore braiins os?

No nobody has really had a solution for me yet.  I've just been making notes of which ones currently, then I'll come back to it.

Trying to make sense of the git directions for custom config/deployment.  Is it possible to just add a password, worker username and preset chain freq/volt?
donator
Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015
I wou;d download Brain os, but i receive an error 520 on all files located in : https://feeds.braiins-os.org/

Do you have another mirror?

Similar to jfaubin, I am also having issues with Cloudflare Kansas City errors when downloading the .ASC file. At some point it appears the hosted firmware file itself started working, but the .ASC file still is not.
copper member
Activity: 42
Has anyone produced a detailed video tutorial on backing up stock firmware onto sd then performing the Braiins firmware update on an Antminer S9? This will be most aidfull to new miners...

a blog step by step or video I am sure will generate good traffic is made... please share any such tuts...
after installing brains os, i do not see chip temps. it shows - 0 for all hashplates, anybody faced the same? btw this is s9 13.5T from apr-2017 batch.

I've restored to factory on a couple with no issues.  Having one with this problem now though.  

[...]

This kills the web interface but SSH is still fine.  I try to run the script again and get this.

[...]

I can reboot and everything is as it was for Braiins, but can't get back to original firmware.
Not sure where to put bug reports for this but ayyyy.  Here ya go.

I have the same issue, have you managed to recover it to original firmware or restore braiins os?
Pages:
Jump to: