Pages:
Author

Topic: Braiins OS & Braiins OS+ custom ASIC firmware: optimize performance & efficiency - page 47. (Read 45010 times)

Activity: 500
Merit: 105
did flash directly the firmware. also the SD card directly with disk imager.
but flashing directly the firmware is working fine.

now moving to Braiins
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
maybe off topic but I did flash S9j firmware to all my S9 and all are working fine, less power, less heat and lower fan speeds. no issues at all.

Hi Apprentice,

How did you managed to flash S9 with S9i firmware? I have managed to use microSD card with 2nd partition formated as ext4 so at least I am able to save configuration.

Cheers,

Hank
Activity: 500
Merit: 105
I am running this on multiple s9s off the SD card. None of them are S9i or S9j's.

Does this mean flashing to the controller is for the s9i? Because it runs fine from SD card on all of mine.

maybe off topic but I did flash S9j firmware to all my S9 and all are working fine, less power, less heat and lower fan speeds. no issues at all.
Activity: 294
Merit: 129
I am running this on multiple s9s off the SD card. None of them are S9i or S9j's.

Does this mean flashing to the controller is for the s9i? Because it runs fine from SD card on all of mine.
Activity: 26
couldn't understand "change position jp4" how and where to change it.....lol....total doop
Activity: 59
Merit: 10
and HOW did you boot from sd card? i copied the image on the sd card but miner wont boot from it. i have s9i ..

If you have a Linux computer, you can just flash the os via terminal. Download the latest version for s9i. Go to the folder and then open a terminal from within that folder. And copy and paste the instal instructions from the link provided by the wiki. It does it for you.
Activity: 386
Merit: 18
yes, I launched it from the sd card,
this is antminer with autotune frequency

https://i.imgur.com/ElCgTUX.jpg

and HOW did you boot from sd card? i copied the image on the sd card but miner wont boot from it. i have s9i ..
Tbh, the firmware is specifically designed for s9i, in so, that it won't do a firmware upgrade for another s9 unless you have the model name returned as S9i.

With that, it's a open source firmware, so, there is a file which you can edit to make it read as what ever model you want.
can i just do a simple firmware update on s9? or i must use the sd card?
So, I flashed the S9 firmware to my s9 13.5. After a while of waiting and beep boop beeps, it's up and running.

https://imgur.com/a/x3yUiVR

I kinda wish it had a cleaner ui, the graph is great, except, I would like a dashboard similar to antminer. Just because I have to keep switching between tabs and then forgetting which tab is what. Maybe I will begin to like it.

Frequency seems alittle wonky, at 743 I am getting less than I should, but, Temps are lower. But I have no real confirmation on what the frequency of the miner is.

Ill let it run alittle more, anyone know how to get a ssh cgminer window open to see it running?
after running on my S9 13.5 TH, it does not show temperatures, is there any solution to this problem?

how did you manage to boot from sdcard?
copper member
Activity: 330
Merit: 103
Saw mention of this working only on S9i, not S9.  Think I’ll wait until this is available as a standard firmware u/g - not hassle w/SD boot.  Tongue

Well they're advertising it as working on the T1, but the T1 has no SD card slot! So I guess I am in the same boat.

Maybe the Braiins team will address this thread at some point Tongue
copper member
Activity: 96
Merit: 1
Saw mention of this working only on S9i, not S9.  Think I’ll wait until this is available as a standard firmware u/g - not hassle w/SD boot.  Tongue
Seems like a great idea, I'll post my results tonight! Thanks
Activity: 68
We can be sure it is the same company through a number of methods:

1.) There is a press release announcing the release of Braiins OS on the SlushPool website.

2.) The OS release is signed by a GPG key found on the SlushPool website.

Thanks for the info @sarcheer. I stand corrected. Here's a link to the press release on SlushPool in case someone wants to review it:

https://slushpool.com/news/introducing-braiins-os-fully-open-source-mining-system/
copper member
Activity: 330
Merit: 103
Braiinz is the company that runs slushpool.....Braiinz OS is just a product they have put out. Is it really that confusing? Many many companies have a corporate website that is different from the website they offer products through.

I don't doubt that they are the same company, but I think grinbucks point is how can we be sure its actually the same company.

We can be sure it is the same company through a number of methods:

1.) There is a press release announcing the release of Braiins OS on the SlushPool website.

2.) The OS release is signed by a GPG key found on the SlushPool website.

Given these factors I would say that yes, it is the same company behind both SlushPool and Braiins-OS.
Activity: 294
Merit: 129
Um... a bit confused here. The link from slushpool.com (see bottom of page) to it's maintainer Braiinz is to http://www.braiins.cz/.
You're providing an entirely new domain - braiins-os.org - and that too from a newbie account.

How do users trust that you're actually THE Braiinz that's maintaining SlushPool? Maybe a linkback from http://www.braiins.cz/ would help?

Frankly, with the number of scams going around, I would seriously think twice about installing non verified firmware, from a new source, on my antminers. Been bitten once already.

You dont have to install it, you just put it on an SD card and you can test it in whatever sandbox you would like to use.

Braiinz is the company that runs slushpool.....Braiinz OS is just a product they have put out. Is it really that confusing? Many many companies have a corporate website that is different from the website they offer products through.
someone sccessfully installed it? i copied the image on sd card but s9 wont boot from it. how to boot from sd?

how to change jumpers? which jumpers exactly?
Activity: 68
It is developed by us - Braiins, the company responsible for Slush Pool since 2013.

Um... a bit confused here. The link from slushpool.com (see bottom of page) to it's maintainer Braiinz is to http://www.braiins.cz/.
You're providing an entirely new domain - braiins-os.org - and that too from a newbie account.

How do users trust that you're actually THE Braiinz that's maintaining SlushPool? Maybe a linkback from http://www.braiins.cz/ would help?

Frankly, with the number of scams going around, I would seriously think twice about installing non verified firmware, from a new source, on my antminers. Been bitten once already.

EDIT: The site is genuine. There's a press release on SlushPool as mentioned by @sarcheer a few posts down.
Pages:
Jump to: