Pages:
Author

Topic: Braiins OS & Braiins OS+ custom ASIC firmware: optimize performance & efficiency - page 48. (Read 45010 times)

Activity: 38
Merit: 0
It's awesome! I have 60 L3+/++ and can help with alpha test, if you need, I'm just burning with impatience. It works only with slushpool, or with any?
What's about changes in work S9 on this firmware? You can setting hashrate control, autoreboot and any monitoring services on each piece and stop use awesome miner?
Activity: 261
Merit: 257
So I went ahead and attempted this OS install.

1st problem: quick guide is not very descriptive! For instance, the requirement to get the control board on the T1 to recognize your SD card requires you to adjust the jumpers on the control board. No guide is given on this besides J1 0 1. I removed the control board from my T1 to get a good look at the jumpers (had to try and find them as no guidance was given on where they were on the board). Upon finding them I had no idea what to do from there or even how to adjust it to make its status 0 1. This is could simply be from my lack of hardware experience.

2nd problem: There is no SD card reader on the T1 control board. From what I can gather from the quick guide, this OS install is predicated upon using the SD card slot. So this is a hard stop and I'm not sure how to proceed.

Can the Braiins team please provide more detailed instructions, like a video perhaps, on the complete, step-by-step process to get the Braiins OS installed on our machines?

Yeah, this isn't going to flash easily on production T1's since those don't have SD card slots.
Activity: 799
Merit: 293
Created AutoTune to saved the planet! ~USA
Thanks Braiins. Any plans on using a different bitstream than the one that is on the S9.
Activity: 294
Merit: 129
I am able to get an s9 to boot from the SD card but the python script that is supposed to install the OS to the controller itself is completely broken and doesnt work.

It just pukes out garbage when following the instructions to the letter:

Code:
Connecting to remote host...
/home/geo/braiins-os-firmware_zynq-am1-s9_2018-09-22-1-8d9b127d/factory_transition/.env/lib/python3.5/site-packages/paramiko/rsakey.py:119: CryptographyDeprecationWarning: signer and verifier have been deprecated. Please use sign and verify instead.
  algorithm=hashes.SHA1(),
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "upgrade2bos.py", line 182, in
    main(args)
  File "upgrade2bos.py", line 131, in main
    with SSHManager(args.hostname, USERNAME, PASSWORD) as ssh:
  File "/home/geo/braiins-os-firmware_zynq-am1-s9_2018-09-22-1-8d9b127d/factory_transition/ssh.py", line 89, in __enter__
    self._client.connect(hostname=self._hostname, username=self._username, password=None, look_for_keys=False)
  File "/home/geo/braiins-os-firmware_zynq-am1-s9_2018-09-22-1-8d9b127d/factory_transition/.env/lib/python3.5/site-packages/paramiko/client.py", line 366, in connect
    raise BadHostKeyException(hostname, server_key, our_server_key)
paramiko.ssh_exception.BadHostKeyException: ('10.70.0.244', , )
copper member
Activity: 330
Merit: 103
So I went ahead and attempted this OS install.

1st problem: quick guide is not very descriptive! For instance, the requirement to get the control board on the T1 to recognize your SD card requires you to adjust the jumpers on the control board. No guide is given on this besides J1 0 1. I removed the control board from my T1 to get a good look at the jumpers (had to try and find them as no guidance was given on where they were on the board). Upon finding them I had no idea what to do from there or even how to adjust it to make its status 0 1. This is could simply be from my lack of hardware experience.

2nd problem: There is no SD card reader on the T1 control board. From what I can gather from the quick guide, this OS install is predicated upon using the SD card slot. So this is a hard stop and I'm not sure how to proceed.

Can the Braiins team please provide more detailed instructions, like a video perhaps, on the complete, step-by-step process to get the Braiins OS installed on our machines?
copper member
Activity: 330
Merit: 103
So having read through the guide on how to get this os running on the T1, it would seem that some assumptions are made about the experience of the user. If possible, some pictures/more details about jumpers on the board and perhaps some more details on the necessary Linux commands might increase uptake among users.
copper member
Activity: 15
Merit: 21
BTC mining: Slush Pool, Stratum V2 & Braiins OS+
Custom ASIC firmwares developed by the Braiins team:

also the company behind Slush Pool & Stratum V2.

EXPLORE BRAIINS SOLUTIONS

Braiins OS+
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs, improve efficiency as much as 25%, and get 0% pool fees on Slush Pool

• includes autotuning/per-chip tuning feature to increase performance & optimize efficiency
  • CGminer replaced with BOSminer
  • more supported models
  • GET BRAIINS OS+

Braiins OS
Cutting-edge firmware with an implementation of Stratum V2 and mining software written from scratch in Rust language.

• fully open-source, fully auditable
  • CGminer replaced with written-from scratch (in Rust) BOSminer
  • supported models: S9, S9i, S9j
  • GET BRAIINS OS

Any feedback is really appreciated!

For miners, by miners.
braiins.com
Pages:
Jump to: