Pages:
Author

Topic: [♔] British Digital Currency | 5% annual PoS - Bittrex - Fiat to BritCoin [BRIT] - page 48. (Read 125107 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
I really, really wonder why this coin is not successing.. Mining was great, Devs plans were good, no chinese stuff.. Its just a flat line on Bittrex.. since it came there..

Someone has been messing around with the prices since it appeared on Bittrex.  Lots of bot type activity too.    Whenever the price goes up someone puts in tiny sell orders at way below everyone else - sometimes 50 or a 100 sats lower which at current price levels is a massive percentage reduction. 

Since the official price on Bittrex is the last selling price (irrespective of quantity or volume) this gives a falsely low price which is then aggregated by all the coin pricing sites.

This leads to the "official" Britcoin price being much lower than the average selling price, giving people a false impression and leading people without patience to panic sell at even lower prices. 

The person accumulating then hoovers these coins up at much lower than market rates (like a whale swallowing plankton).  They save a huge amount overall at the cost of selling a tiny amount of their Britcoins (and even then these are usually at a higher rate than the ensuing panic sells). 

Done enough this can create it's own downward price momentum which results in a general downward price trend.

The whales just sit back and wait for the panic sellers to feed them the coins that they want.  It's normally someone with big pockets (whale) who can afford to wait a very long time.  When they decide they have had enough they have the resources to put momentum back into the market by selling large amounts of coins back to themselves as they normally have tens of BTC sitting around (unlike the average person). 

This is enough to create a real buzz and bring the coin back to the community spotlight and get the price moving upwards again - this is a PUMP.  When it has moved up in price enough, they sell all of their coins off - this is the peak price, where inexperienced people hear about the coin's success and buy in.  The big whale selling off their coins during a predefined "peak" level is the DUMP. 

This starts off a price fall which people panic sell into and the whole cycle can repeat again.  Often times the whale will re-accumulate at the "trough" or bottom of the panic selling phase before (after some time) starting the process again with another PUMP once the market has forgotten about the previous cycle sufficiently and/there is some good news on the horizon.

This happens with nearly every coin and will continue to happen until there is more mainstream adoption.  It's currently happening a with Britcoin and we are in the phase where one or more whales are slowly accumulating.

You can test it by waiting to see these tiny sell orders popping up and buying them when they do.  No matter how often you buy them up after a short time they will return, indicating that someone has a bot working to specifically work on lowering the price. 

If they genuinely wanted to sell their coins they wouldn't break them down into tiny trades and sell them at below all the other prices, since in effect they are reducing the money they make.  Sometimes genuine people will break up their trades so as not to cause a downward trend in price, but in those cases the aim is to sell at a higher price and maintain it (not lower it).  A lower price only benefits someone who is buying.

Very nice writeup, thanks, you have my respect ! Smiley

Where do you get this bots ? I'd like to have a look at them

There is one here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bot-cat-cryptocurrency-automatic-trader-new-price-list-042021-507103
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
I really, really wonder why this coin is not successing.. Mining was great, Devs plans were good, no chinese stuff.. Its just a flat line on Bittrex.. since it came there..

Someone has been messing around with the prices since it appeared on Bittrex.  Lots of bot type activity too.    Whenever the price goes up someone puts in tiny sell orders at way below everyone else - sometimes 50 or a 100 sats lower which at current price levels is a massive percentage reduction. 

Since the official price on Bittrex is the last selling price (irrespective of quantity or volume) this gives a falsely low price which is then aggregated by all the coin pricing sites.

This leads to the "official" Britcoin price being much lower than the average selling price, giving people a false impression and leading people without patience to panic sell at even lower prices. 

The person accumulating then hoovers these coins up at much lower than market rates (like a whale swallowing plankton).  They save a huge amount overall at the cost of selling a tiny amount of their Britcoins (and even then these are usually at a higher rate than the ensuing panic sells). 

Done enough this can create it's own downward price momentum which results in a general downward price trend.

The whales just sit back and wait for the panic sellers to feed them the coins that they want.  It's normally someone with big pockets (whale) who can afford to wait a very long time.  When they decide they have had enough they have the resources to put momentum back into the market by selling large amounts of coins back to themselves as they normally have tens of BTC sitting around (unlike the average person). 

This is enough to create a real buzz and bring the coin back to the community spotlight and get the price moving upwards again - this is a PUMP.  When it has moved up in price enough, they sell all of their coins off - this is the peak price, where inexperienced people hear about the coin's success and buy in.  The big whale selling off their coins during a predefined "peak" level is the DUMP. 

This starts off a price fall which people panic sell into and the whole cycle can repeat again.  Often times the whale will re-accumulate at the "trough" or bottom of the panic selling phase before (after some time) starting the process again with another PUMP once the market has forgotten about the previous cycle sufficiently and/there is some good news on the horizon.

This happens with nearly every coin and will continue to happen until there is more mainstream adoption.  It's currently happening a with Britcoin and we are in the phase where one or more whales are slowly accumulating.

You can test it by waiting to see these tiny sell orders popping up and buying them when they do.  No matter how often you buy them up after a short time they will return, indicating that someone has a bot working to specifically work on lowering the price. 

If they genuinely wanted to sell their coins they wouldn't break them down into tiny trades and sell them at below all the other prices, since in effect they are reducing the money they make.  Sometimes genuine people will break up their trades so as not to cause a downward trend in price, but in those cases the aim is to sell at a higher price and maintain it (not lower it).  A lower price only benefits someone who is buying.

Very nice writeup, thanks, you have my respect ! Smiley

Where do you get this bots ? I'd like to have a look at them
Activity: 90
Merit: 10

Great breakdown, thanks Wink
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

When we get some new features and more press releases it will eventually turn heads. The altcoin market is big. But as long as we keep being persistent we will make it. So far I think we have done good. I don't focus to much on the price but more on what we want done with the coin Smiley
legendary
You definitely need permission for that. Or air traffic is not safe. Planes could hit it and that won't be good. I don't know the laws for other countries but I think it would be common most places.

You're probably right but I doubt the necessary permission is hard to get as lots of people have done it.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
"In surreal news, a Japanese artist launched a bonsai tree and a bouquet of flowers into space"

http://news.artnet.com/in-brief/artist-launches-bonsai-tree-into-space-65519

Maybe we could crowdfund a project to put "a BRIT into space" - for publicity and promotional purposes.  Put a Prypto scratchcard with one BRIT on it into space (or orbit if possible) - could even ask Prypto to help sponsor it.  Would be both humorous and attention grabbing.

Good idea, for the future. I don't think we are far enough for something like that to happen anytime soon. You'll probably need some airspace clearance etc.

For sending something into orbit yes but for sending a small object into space and coming back (like people have done with cameras and the like) I don't think you need permission.

You definitely need permission for that. Or air traffic is not safe. Planes could hit it and that won't be good. I don't know the laws for other countries but I think it would be common most places.
legendary
"In surreal news, a Japanese artist launched a bonsai tree and a bouquet of flowers into space"

Maybe we could crowdfund a project to put "a BRIT into space" - for publicity and promotional purposes.  Put a Prypto scratchcard with one BRIT on it into space (or orbit if possible) - could even ask Prypto to help sponsor it.  Would be both humorous and attention grabbing.

Good idea, for the future. I don't think we are far enough for something like that to happen anytime soon. You'll probably need some airspace clearance etc.

For sending something into orbit yes but for sending a small object into space and coming back (like people have done with cameras and the like) I don't think you need permission.

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275
I've had a few people saying to me that they are wary about country coins and feel that Britcoin is country specific.  I think we need to make it clear that Britcoin is about British culture and values and is not just for Britain.  Some more universal or inclusive taglines might help e.g. "Bring out your inner Brit with Britcoin."  We also need to place an emphasis on the fact that there is no AIRDROP (unlike Aurora) or HUGE PREMINE (unlike Scotcoin's 98%).

right as the people just misuse the name and launch the coins to make some profit.
Just to follow up my previous staking issues, having left it a few days, it does seem to stake a lot more so I'm not so worried. Shame about the price, it's such a catchy little coin I'm amazed it hasn't caught on. 70m people will love the quirkyness of the name if nothing else.

Well done dev on the press coverage anyway, some good places are taking notice. Looking forward to great things.

Yeah it usually takes a little while for coins to mature. Thanks for your support Smiley
Activity: 427
Merit: 252
Just to follow up my previous staking issues, having left it a few days, it does seem to stake a lot more so I'm not so worried. Shame about the price, it's such a catchy little coin I'm amazed it hasn't caught on. 70m people will love the quirkyness of the name if nothing else.

Well done dev on the press coverage anyway, some good places are taking notice. Looking forward to great things.
legendary
I've had a few people saying to me that they are wary about country coins and feel that Britcoin is country specific.  I think we need to make it clear that Britcoin is about British culture and values and is not just for Britain.  Some more universal or inclusive taglines might help e.g. "Bring out your inner Brit with Britcoin."  We also need to place an emphasis on the fact that there is no AIRDROP (unlike Aurora) or HUGE PREMINE (unlike Scotcoin's 98%).
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
All these people moaning about the price and saying there have been dumps are just unhappy that they can't get BRIT at the price they want IMO, I've been trading it quite happily for over a week and yeah OK the price has shifted a few times but it's massively undervalued right now or at least in my eyes.
Activity: 910
「きみはこれ&#
legendary
Sorry for the late reply, just noticed this thread. I'm the founder and CTO at BlockCypher, happy to answer any technical question you'd have.

Welcome.  It's pretty late over on this side of the pond right now.  I'm sure Will will get back to you tomorrow though.  Could you give us any details on how block cypher works and how an existing coin would move to it etc?  Thanks.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
I'm hoping we've turned a corner now and shook off all the impatient day traders.. Well the ones who are not interested in long term prospects at least, the ones who are full of short term blind optimism, panic selling, ending in loss.  But you never know, they may still be lurking.

Thanks for the BlockCypher tip btw, their service looks really interesting. Smiley

I wonder who is selling so much so cheap?  I doubled my investment last night when it was in the 150s.  Lots of buy support down there.

Impatient morons who expect a coin to multiply by 10 in a few days and expect growth to be linear with the value always going up.  They buy the coin at a peak then are shocked when the price declines and they inevitably feed into it by panic selling.  Such people are basically too stupid to be put in control of any amount of money.

Yes it would allow the easy implementation of blockchain apps and multisignature support according to their blurb and it seems to be true.

Sorry for the late reply, just noticed this thread. I'm the founder and CTO at BlockCypher, happy to answer any technical question you'd have.
legendary

Haha that's a great idea..  To the moon etc. Cheesy

Thanks for the suggestion, good stuff as always. Smiley

Actually I'm kind of serious about it.  It's worth a try.  Maybe even see if you can get Virgin Galactic involved somehow.
legendary
Activity: 973

Haha that's a great idea..  To the moon etc. Cheesy

Thanks for the suggestion, good stuff as always. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: