Pages:
Author

Topic: BTC-e hacked ?? - page 24. (Read 199718 times)

erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
September 01, 2017, 05:19:41 PM
I also think that it is a little more complex than that.

Meaning, if you withdraw tomorrow... all your balances, fiat included, will be converted to coins and you will be able to get 55%.
Losing the 45%.
Everything will be converted at tomorrow rates. Meaning if you are all in fiat...
it will be a mess, considering the uptrend you will have sold low and bought high. Really really high.
if you wait 15 September... who knows.
They will tell us tomorrow.

A lot of people will probably take a 45% hit if they were mainly in BTC on the exchange July 25th., the reasoning being that BTC has risen by that much since then so they will not be out of pocket in fiat terms. eg. if someone borrowed $10,000 back in early July and bought  4 x BTC at $2,500 it's now at $4,800 so they can sell the 4 BTC now taking a 45% hit for a total of 4 * $4,800 * 0 .55 = $10,560 and pay off what they borrowed.  For other coins it may not be as attractive to take the 45% hit by cashing out early, especially if there is no pressure from borrowing, you have to work it out case by case.

Activity: 55
Merit: 0
September 01, 2017, 05:13:23 PM
I like that there are options to get out while the getting is good. 15 days is a long time and for those in the US this might be the only chance to get at least some part of their holdings.

I like there's an option but I'm not sure what option I would take right now.

1. Get it all tomorrow and lose 45%
2. Wait till the 15th and possibly not be able to verify and loose everything. Or something happens between now and then which gets them shut down again.

I think the safest choice for those in the US is to take it out 55% tomorrow and be done with it. The hard part is loosing almost half of your coins.... decisions... decisions...

Yep, US users should (must!) take the tomorrow deal.
99.9% chance that the new site will block US residents... and even if you can use a vpn, you cannot pass the verification.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 13
September 01, 2017, 05:09:34 PM
I like that there are options to get out while the getting is good. 15 days is a long time and for those in the US this might be the only chance to get at least some part of their holdings.

I like there's an option but I'm not sure what option I would take right now.

1. Get it all tomorrow and lose 45%
2. Wait till the 15th and possibly not be able to verify and loose everything. Or something happens between now and then which gets them shut down again.

I think the safest choice for those in the US is to take it out 55% tomorrow and be done with it. The hard part is loosing almost half of your coins.... decisions... decisions...
September 01, 2017, 04:49:40 PM
I also think that it is a little more complex than that.

Meaning, if you withdraw tomorrow... all your balances, fiat included, will be converted to coins and you will be able to get 55%.
Losing the 45%.
Everything will be converted at tomorrow rates. Meaning if you are all in fiat...
it will be a mess, considering the uptrend you will have sold low and bought high. Really really high.
if you wait 15 September... who knows.
They will tell us tomorrow.

Also unconfirmed pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/raw/WsEEYK60

Dear folks,

You get to choose between two options.
Option 1:

September 2

Your entire portfolio at btc-e represents 100%. If you want to withdraw tommorow, 55% of your portfolio will be converted into 'koins'. I do not know what the value is per koin, maybe 1 USD. Just like BTE. The other 45% is lost and will never come back. The 55% converted koins can be traded for other coins on the market at market value as of tommorow.

Option 2:

September 15

Your entire portfolio at btc-e represents 100%. If you want to withdraw at this day, you will get 55% of your FIAT converted into BTC, LTC and ETH different top-market coins. Or if you had coins, you will keep 55% of the coins you had (example, you have 1 btc, you get 0.55 btc)

The other 45% will be converted into ?koins? or most likely BTE tokens, which are 1 USD each when the exchange starts. Keep in mind that probably, every unexperienced cryptotrader will sell all of his BTE tokens so that the price of the average BTE token will crash drastically. Good for the more experienced cryptotraders.

Hope this helps.
floppyh4x
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
September 01, 2017, 04:44:36 PM
Update from 01.09.2017

01.09.17 21:17 from admin
According to the announced plan, old personal accounts were opened to check the balance and make modifications to the security settings.

The launch date of the new site , which will operate in the legal field of AML, KYC , the necessary licenses with biddings (web, api) and the possibility of input and output (Fiat, Coins, Codes), is planned by September 15, 2017.

Tomorrow, on September 2, 2017, it will be possible to withdraw 55% of the funds from the account in koins on the condition that our debt obligations are abandoned to the remaining 45% of funds in the form of tokens.

More details about the conditions, the principle of calculation and the form of output will be available tomorrow.

What will happen to the funds ramaining in the accounts of those users, who decide to stay and wait for the the new site launch?

1. Your profile will be automatically transfered with all the security settings (password, 2fa, IP white list)
2. All your funds will be transferred to a new site.
3. On the day the site is launched, the balance will be recalculated at the market rate and will be credited to accounts with a higher ratio than 55/45.
4. Tokens will be credited to your account balance, which you can use for bidding and releasing codes.

Is this the new update that BTC-e just posted here on their Twitter a few minutes ago?
https://twitter.com/btcecom/status/903714691465150464
https://btc-e.nz/news/3

Can't read the update while I'm at work, no VPN installed. Can anyone confirm if this is new and if so, what is says?
Yes.
Activity: 454
Merit: 251
September 01, 2017, 04:35:39 PM
Update from 01.09.2017

According to the announced plan, old personal accounts were opened to check the balance and make modifications to the security settings.

The launch date of the new site , which will operate in the legal field of AML, KYC , the necessary licenses with biddings (web, api) and the possibility of input and output (Fiat, Coins, Codes), is planned by September 15, 2017.

Tomorrow, on September 2, 2017, it will be possible to withdraw 55% of the funds from the account in koins on the condition that our debt obligations are abandoned to the remaining 45% of funds in the form of tokens.

More details about the conditions, the principle of calculation and the form of output will be available tomorrow.

What will happen to the funds ramaining in the accounts of those users, who decide to stay and wait for the the new site launch?

1. Your profile will be automatically transfered with all the security settings (password, 2fa, IP white list)
3. On the day the site is launched, the balance will be recalculated at the market rate and will be credited to accounts with a higher ratio than 55/45.
4. Tokens will be credited to your account balance, which you can use for bidding and releasing codes.

Is this the new update that BTC-e just posted here on their Twitter a few minutes ago?
https://twitter.com/btcecom/status/903714691465150464
https://btc-e.nz/news/3

Can't read the update while I'm at work, no VPN installed. Can anyone confirm if this is new and if so, what it says?
Activity: 251
Merit: 257
September 01, 2017, 04:13:38 PM
This is a bit weird.

So our options are:

1) Get 55% now and write off anything more as losses

2)Wait for the new site where we will get more than 55% & Tokens for the rest.

This will of course allow them to mass funds from investors that would worry that the new platform is not going to happen.

However if it was a scam plan they would not even return 55%

I have approx. 2 BTC worth of LTC ETH and BTC in btc-e and I think I am going to stay and wait for the new platform.

What do you guys think;

Very interesting development. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

On one hand, they repeat themselves about the AML/KYC and licenses etc. for the new exchange. We still don't know the details about verification. So, it sounds like you can write off the 45% loss now and take the 55% withdrawal with no verification. Whether you can exit the new exchange without verification is unclear.

On the other hand, you will get more funds returned to your account if you stay and wait, due to the debts being written off.

I think, for me, the biggest issue is how balance conversion will happen. Still no news on that. That will affect my decision.
Activity: 131
Merit: 13
In the fray since 2013.
September 01, 2017, 04:09:31 PM
Guys, instead of talking of thin air...

New update!

Update from 01.09.2017

That's not nice.
Our 45% it is not an optional.

This is a bit weird.

So our options are:

1) Get 55% now and write off anything more as losses

2)Wait for the new site where we will get more than 55% & Tokens for the rest.

This will of course allow them to mass funds from investors that would worry that the new platform is not going to happen.

However if it was a scam plan they would not even return 55%

I have approx. 2 BTC worth of LTC ETH and BTC in btc-e and I think I am going to stay and wait for the new platform.

What do you guys think;
Activity: 454
Merit: 251
September 01, 2017, 04:06:37 PM
I have not seen any e-mails from them. I tried to login yesterday and it asked to update password by sending an e-mail to the registered one. Nothing. Are U.S based e-mails getting blocked?  I have checked my spam filters and nothing.

Outlook email worked fine to reset the password last night. Of course, you can't log in from the US. You need a non-US VPN/proxy. There has also been a very heavy influx of password resets, since they are mandatory. Some people have reported that they needed to do it 2-3 times before the email showed up. I saw someone also mentioned that https://btc-e.nz/forgot worked for them.
Activity: 407
Merit: 255
September 01, 2017, 03:28:21 PM
I have not seen any e-mails from them. I tried to login yesterday and it asked to update password by sending an e-mail to the registered one. Nothing. Are U.S based e-mails getting blocked?  I have checked my spam filters and nothing.
Activity: 2
September 01, 2017, 03:10:55 PM
Does anyone know their support email please?
September 01, 2017, 03:08:05 PM
Guys, instead of talking of thin air...

New update!

Update from 01.09.2017

That's not nice.
Our 45% it is not an optional.
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
September 01, 2017, 02:34:40 PM
When you deposit coins or fiat money into btc-e, those funds are no longer yours. They are now recognised as the exchange's assets and each of you has a financial claim to those assets. So noone bails out the others. In the end, we are victims of the U.S. government's war on cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 53
September 01, 2017, 12:47:48 PM

In future fiat holders should be kept in a secure quarintine area for risky assets. Similar to rabies containment. Also they should have a marker next to their name in the trollbox so people know they are dealing with fiat holders

The way you guys talk about fiat holders cracks me up!
Its an exchange - users trade assets on exchanges.
Either you are coin holders and shouldnt have been using an exchange to hold your coins or you traded in which case you were just lucky not to be in fiat at the time.
Fiat is where the clever money was at the time the exchange went down!
There's no such thing as a fiat holder in the context of exchanges...

yes, that opionon makes me angry too. i went into fiat several days before, to buy some other coins, but this happened. now i am a bad guy holding fiat in your eyes?!? wtf is wrong with you guyz???

obviously, those in fiat are more pissed than the coinholders... but you dont have the right to trample on us. thats not fair.

Exactly!
Additionally people say that it was all the fiat that was taken by the feds.
When you trade to fiat, this is just a ledger - the trade doesnt result in a fiat output. Therefore none of the fiat we had on the exchange at that time was seized.
Activity: 952
Merit: 137
September 01, 2017, 12:31:33 PM

In future fiat holders should be kept in a secure quarintine area for risky assets. Similar to rabies containment. Also they should have a marker next to their name in the trollbox so people know they are dealing with fiat holders

Either you are coin holders and shouldnt have been using an exchange to hold your coins or you traded in which case you were just lucky not to be in fiat at the time.

yes, that opionon makes me angry too. i went into fiat several days before, to buy some other coins, but this happened. now i am a bad guy holding fiat in your eyes?!? wtf is wrong with you guyz???

obviously, those in fiat are more pissed than the coinholders... but you dont have the right to trample on us. thats not fair.
Activity: 53
September 01, 2017, 12:24:22 PM

Activity: 2
September 01, 2017, 10:43:13 AM
Hello

I want to restore my account but i havn't received any email, can you help me??

regards

what email did you send to please?
Activity: 56
September 01, 2017, 10:25:49 AM
Hey guys,

So what is the deal with the PAMM accounts. I had very little on BTC-E. Most of my funds were tied up in PAMM. Obviously gone for the moment.

Any infos?

Cheers

WW

BTC-e said in news 2: "Metatrader 4 White label and PAMM platforms were provided to us by Fxopen company. But after the charges were made by the US to our service they abrogated a treaty unilaterally."

So, BTC-e have used FXOpen's MT4 platform making FXOpen somehow responsible for money for BTC-e client's MT4 accounts. At the same time FXOpen was offering crypto trading themself but using BTC-e as liquidity provider making BTC-e responsible for money that FXOpen clients have sent to BTC-e exchange. But it all depends how contract BTC-e and FXOpen been made for this "symbiotic" relationship. Is BTC-e anonymous to FXOpen? I don't think so.

So WHO does not know anything about BTC-e? Only BTC-e clients! But why? Guess all remember that festivity party in front of MtGox building.

Also I haven't heard did FXOpen frozen or not BTC-e client's balances on their MT4 platform. If they haven't frozen BTC-e balances, why would BTC-e tokenize MT4 balances?!
Activity: 266
Merit: 102
September 01, 2017, 09:51:13 AM
Great to see that things are normalizing again and I could sign into their platform. Hopefully sometime in the future I can withdraw my assets.
Activity: 784
Merit: 502
September 01, 2017, 09:31:29 AM
If anything, trading means switching between fiat and crypto multiple times a day. For me at least. If you are actually holding and keeping 'your' crypto on an exchange, that is the actually retardation right there.

This gentleman also has the correct opinion, if you aint trading then get your funds off exchange you numbnuts
Pages:
Jump to: